Surfers apartments
recommendations anyone

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 sophiasmum

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:46 AM

We have decided to fly to Gold Coast specifically Surfers Paradise on the June long weekend for 4 days 3 nights & do some theme parks, so excited!

Wondering if anyone has recommendations for apartments (we want 3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms).

TIA

#2 Just the two of us

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

I've stayed at Circle on Cavill, Mantra Bel Air and Paradise Centre Apartments and would recommend them all.

Mantra Bel Air - Is a bit further out, opposite Pacific Fair, Shuttle to theme parks right outside, beach about a block away

Circie on Cavill - Very nice, a bit more pricy, Shuttle to theme parks across the road, not as close to the beach as the other two

Paradise Centre - Nice, middle range, directly on top of shopping centre and Hard Rock, Shuttle to theme park across the road, Beach less than a block away

All were 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms (they had 3 bedrooms available as well) with kitchen and laundry

Edited by Just the two of us, 03 February 2013 - 08:01 AM.

#3 ubermum

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:00 AM

We stayed in
http://www.breakfreeacapulco.com.au/
They are opposite a surf club if you want a drink or a meal, about 10 minutes walk to the heart of everything. They were great. Close to everything without haveing drunks on the street when you sit on the balcony. They have indoor and outdoor pool, spa, sauna, bbq and tennis courts. Fully self contained with an equipped kitchen so you don't have to eat out all the time.

#4 Harmonica

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:05 AM

Crown towers is lovely!

#5 ~char~

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:11 AM

Highly recommend circle on cavill. Right next to Coles too so super convenient.

Edited by ~char~, 03 February 2013 - 08:12 AM.

#6 Lady Lovely Locks

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

If Surfers isn't essential, try out The Village in Burleigh  http://www.thevillageatburleigh.com/

We stayed in the 3 bedroom penthouse, and it was lovely!!!  but there are quite a few options available, had great pool and BBQ area, and full working kitchen, so took some of the sting out of the food bills lol  also with children Burleigh is more kid friendly and still along the main stretch of beachs.

#7 Ritaroo

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:26 AM

If you wanted to be up that end of the coast, I personally would go for Broadbeach instead of Surfers. It is just a little bit nicer IMO. There are plenty of apartments which are just a short walk to the mall, it has a nice beach with a great surf club and I nice park too. I would recommend Air and Metricon apartments.

#8 sophiasmum

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

Thanks everyone!
I will check all of those out.

Anyone heard of or stayed at Chevron Renaissance? It's everywhere I look on Stayz.

Also if you had to pick 2 of the theme parks, which ones & why?

#9 SlinkyMalinki

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

I prefer Broadbeach to Surfers Paradise, as like a few previous posters.

My 2 favourite theme parks are Movieworld and Sea World.  You could get them both (plus Wet n Wild) on a VIP pass, I think they're currently $89.

#10 Ritaroo

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

I would go for movie world and Dreamworld. I haven't been to sea world for a while though.

#11 Hufflepuff

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

As for Theme Parks my picks are Movie World & Dreamworld. Sea World is great if you have under 5's who can't do many rides. Wet & Wild is better for older kids that can swim without (or minimal) supervision to make the most of the attractions there.

I too find Broadbeach a much nicer place to stay. We like The Wave Resort. Have also stayed at the Marrakesh which is half way between Surfers & Broadbeach.

If your on a budget, Victoria Square Gardens is a good choice & in a great location too.

#12 littlemumma

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

We've stayed at the Chevron twice. Apartments are ok, not super fancy but fine. The pool is a big hit though, its quite big and has a manmade beach. They also have an indoor heated pool. Its on top of coles, bakers delight and lots of restaurants so that in itself is very handy.

Broadbeach is nice - we've stayed at a few different ones, Diamond Beach (great pool) and Bel Air (pool too cold) and recently another but I can't think of the name. We've also stayed at Turtle Beach resort too, its on the highway which is a bit of a bummer but it has great facilities for kids and the apartments were a good size.

#13 sophiasmum

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

Thanks everyone. Particularly Littlemumma, because I've ended up booking the Chevron Renaissance due to the facilities & location looking very suitable for our stay.

#14 littlemumma

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

sophiasmum - I don't think you'll be disappointed with Chevron, I mean we went back so that is saying something for us. Also too, the apartments are good size as well (forgot to mention that). Also downstairs is good sushi too, a chemist and lolly shop and they  have a great pizza shop in the restaurant area. One thing I will mention is that the doors on the balconies don't have a key lock (which worried me). We asked the handyman to come up and he put a cable tie around the doors. It meant we couldn't open them at all but didn't both us for the peace of mind with littles ones.

#15 Jenno

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

Chevron are great, close to public transport and all the eating places and Coles,is downstairs, only 3 minsmto the beach.

Every angle will have a great view.

#16 PrincessPeach

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

Public transport wise, Circle on Cavil & Cheveron Renaissance are in the best location! \

Q1 apartments are a really good size as well, although at the upper end of the budget.

Also look at Main Beach for apartments as well - it's a bit quieter than Surfers & Broadbeach.

If you want to go to the theme parks, check out online for the VIP passes which will get you unlimited entry to seaworld, wet 'n'wild & movie world. Also Dream World do their own version of this as well.

If you intend to visit more than one, these really offer the best value for money.

#17 stevee

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

Silver shore is a nice place, although its not that close to Q1 and the other is was cheap and nice, i found most of hotels on Travel finder

its has awesome deals from all the hotels on the gold coast ad you can compare them to other apartments , i suggest you look here, maybe the deal youre after.

as i have just book my next hoilday on here too, so i thought i'd recommend it original.gif good luck

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• ppcard-thumb

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less: what is your best pregnancy or parenting tip?

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.