Meals to freeze for fussy 4 year old

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bubblicious

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

I've had enough of pasta based dishes for dinner most nights. My Dd won't eat eggs, mince of any description, chicken (unless it's the 'chopped and shaped' crap), pork, beef etc at home with me (she eats most things (except eggs) at daycare, but will go to bed hungry if I attempt to feed the same here, including if I bring it home from daycare to try).

Can I have some veggie recipes that are easy to freeze and reheat?

Edited by Kenzi_Bubble, 03 February 2013 - 08:19 AM.

#2 whipmix

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:26 AM

Have you tried feeding her dinner at lunchtime? I only suggest this because you say that she eats food at daycare. Perhaps she is too tired at dinner time?

#3 2littledarlings

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:32 AM

I am vegetarian so ours eat vegie dishes a few nights a week. They like...

fried rice with vege spring rolls (I buy those frozen)
lentil patties on homemade hamburgers
soups,
stir frys with noodles/rice,
tacos use retried beans for fillings. Won't freeze though
Spinach ricotta cannelloni
Vege lasagna
Vege rolls (like sausage rolls)
Cauliflower and broccoli pie
I do a casserole in the slow cooker with lots of root type veg and lentils in winter

Does she eat tuna? Tuna patties are good

#4 Bubblicious

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:41 AM

I haven't tried diner at lunch, will try that today. What do I give her at dinner time then? Just what we would normally have for lunch?

Tuna, salmon and all white fish, same deal. Will eat it at daycare but not at home.

Thank for the ideas, I need her to eat at home before she starts school next year and ends up eating almost nothing of substance!

She will eat sausages and chicken rissoles at home, actually

#5 2littledarlings

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:27 AM

If she is underweight another thing our paed used to get us to do was make a breakfast shake for our DS. It had full cream milk, then full cream milk powder, banana and an egg and whatever flavor. Really helped with his weight gain and I imagine it would have been very filling!

When ours went through "fussy stages" we would do a hot lunch and then a selection plate for dinner. Dip, cheese, vege sticks, cold meat, dried fruit etc

Edited by 2littledarlings, 03 February 2013 - 09:29 AM.

#6 msro82

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

QUOTE (Kenzi_Bubble @ 03/02/2013, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I haven't tried diner at lunch, will try that today. What do I give her at dinner time then? Just what we would normally have for lunch?

Tuna, salmon and all white fish, same deal. Will eat it at daycare but not at home.

Thank for the ideas, I need her to eat at home before she starts school next year and ends up eating almost nothing of substance!

She will eat sausages and chicken rissoles at home, actually

We did this when DD was younger. Sent her tea to daycare (they didn't supply food) and gave her a sandwich or something simple for tea. She was simply too tired to eat tea, which is why she would refuse everything. She grew out of it when she got to the stage she wasn't exhausted by 5pm!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.