the block all stars

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
306 replies to this topic

#1 Z-girls rock

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

So... who is watching?

we recorded it on our DVR last night and watched more then 1/2 of it in fast forward.

It was pretty long...
Also pretty boring lost of "OMG the house is a shambles!!" and "OMG how are we going to do this!!"
um yeah ok.... did they know they were going on the block? Tounge1.gif

but the interesting part for me were this;

6 weeks - that really does seem like it is not enough time. Just stupid actually. I wonder why it is not the standard 12 weeks?

no budget?  - we did not hear them announce a budget last night... did anyone else?

are there plans? - when Scott Cam brought out Keith he handed them plans - which makes sense because they would have had to get council approval etc before.
But then they were saying 'it is all up to you' and 'you need to order everything' and then Dan and Dani were saying 'we are going to go up to a second level"
it was a bit unclear.

the couples:
Phil and Amity seem lost at sea: maybe they will get themselves together tonight with a builder and some heritidge advice.

Dan and Dani- I dont know about the choice to not get a builder.. I know he is a carpenter but it would seem very hard to know how many bricks make up a wall and to get all the ordering and scheduling done when you are trying to 'present rooms' for judging etc.

Josh and Jenna - seem on top of the building stuff I guess

the fat tradies - I think they are going at a good pace. good for them

#2 MrsLexiK

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

We taped it too and watched it later and fast forwarded all the adds.  I am such a block tragic lol.  I loved it.  I was trying to work out the disadvantage of D&D and then it clicked - they are not hiring a builder.  (J&J will struggle I believe with their styling in Bondi, the tradies will struggle with their styling aspect full stop, and A&P don't have a tradie in either of them) I don't think the votes had much to do with who they picked at all. They would have gone through the couples very closely and asked a bunch of questions, they would have known what they where in for time wise as well.  Just remember it is "6 weeks" they filmed over christmas and in the previous seasons they have had 2 weeks off durning filming (whilst building and planning has continued).  I don't think that they will be doing the same amount of challenges or anything that they did before, also the houses seem to be a lot smaller then the previous 2 seasons in terms of what needs to be done.

I did go a bit  huh.gif when they said 2 bedroom house, 2 bathroom.  I was like really why does a 2 bedroom house need 2 bathrooms.  1 bathroom and a sep toilet yes I can see.  When they did the walk through it was clear that they had turned the third bedroom into the bathroom and the laundry will be what the old bathroom was.  (This will add $$ to the cost of the bathroom as it doesn't look like there is any plumbing going there currently) I noticed that the door leading to the back said W.C on it so not 2 bathrooms as such.

The houses are all finished though, and I think it is more a leader into the next series (where they have started filming)

I think D&D will split it, she will do the design aspect like the last time and he will do the build aspect like the last time.  He would have a fair idea of what to order and how to orgainse the trades and also have a number of contacts he would be able to phone for advice on how much to order in.

I think the budget will be revealed a bit later but I think it will be a lot more then people are expecting, there was vouchers for inside and vouchers for outside - the outside toolbox is normally paid for by channel 9 so to ensure the houses sold it would need to be an amount that people go "yes they spent enough and didn't do a dodgy"

Edited by MrsLexiK, 05 February 2013 - 09:58 AM.

#3 Missy Shelby

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

I love The Block and plan to watch the series.

I think that they have a good mix of couples who should provide us with some interesting moments.

I was a huge fan of Dan and Dani on the last series so looking forward to some funny moments with them biggrin.gif

#4 Z-girls rock

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (MrsLexiK @ 05/02/2013, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think the votes had much to do with who they picked at all. They would have gone through the couples very closely and asked a bunch of questions, they would have known what they where in for time wise as well.

what votes? huh.gif

#5 MrsLexiK

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE (Z-girls rock @ 05/02/2013, 11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what votes? huh.gif

The votes from the public on the website to vote the couple in original.gif I think it was a whole gimmick and they (the producers) knew who they would choose as first preference.  They still have a similar line up to other years, ie one couple apparing to be out of depth, a few that appare to have a bigger advantage in the building area, the couple that fights (well this year x 2), They have two couples which made friends with everyone and 2 who didn't I don't think it is a fluke.

#6 Z-girls rock

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE (MrsLexiK @ 05/02/2013, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The votes from the public on the website to vote the couple in original.gif I think it was a whole gimmick and they (the producers) knew who they would choose as first preference.  They still have a similar line up to other years, ie one couple apparing to be out of depth, a few that appare to have a bigger advantage in the building area, the couple that fights (well this year x 2), They have two couples which made friends with everyone and 2 who didn't I don't think it is a fluke.

ahh ok.

plus they also have the usual mix of 3 couples and one team who are the same gender (either because they are sisters or brothers or gay etc)

#7 MrsLexiK

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (Z-girls rock @ 05/02/2013, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ahh ok.

plus they also have the usual mix of 3 couples and one team who are the same gender (either because they are sisters or brothers or gay etc)

I forgot about that one.

#8 purple_daisy

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

MrsLexiK do you know where the next series is that they have already started filming? I just love inside goss like that, and never seem to hear any.

Since we are also my kitchen rules fans we will be taping the second half of the block each night and catching up the next day, so please excuse any of my questions if the answers were in the show already.

#9 Madeline's Mum

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

We watched it last night. Will start recording it and watching later, because it was a lot of flaffing about.

I didnt watch last year because I was in a newborn haze, but those profits were crazy! I think I like D&D, they seem pretty grounded.

I can't stand J&J, they are so annoying and clearly in it for the fame.

Go the Fat Tradies, I think they'll be surprisingly good this year.

#10 MrsLexiK

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

My friend posted a photo of the place around the corner from her house and she is in South Yarra.  It looks like apartments though from what she has posted.

#11 Z-girls rock

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (MrsLexiK @ 05/02/2013, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think that they will be doing the same amount of challenges or anything that they did before,

I hope not. I totally hate the challenges and we did not watch those nights.

they just seemed like a reason to insert Shelly into the show.

#12 creatamum

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

purple_daisy Here is what they are rumoured to be renovating and some hint to what they plan to do with it.

I haven't watched yet I DVR so I can skip most of the crap. I am excited to see the fat tradies again, love them. D&D & J&J not so much I am over the bickering. A&P from memory they were pretty out of their depth the first time will be interesting to see if they have improved or they are still pretty clueless.

I don't think that they will be doing the same amount of challenges or anything that they did before

Hope so less stuff to skip. I hope they show more of the process but doubt it with two bicker some teams to add drama, it would be funny if Jenna & Danni went head to head though, doubt it will happen since they are actually friends from before the show.

#13 Scootaloo

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:38 AM

How funny are the tradies?  Had DH and I in stitches last night.  Hoping they go really well this series.

Jen

#14 MrsLexiK

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

I loved how the tradies made a point about the judges looking at the finishes - finally!

#15 Just the two of us

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

Was there an episode on tonight? My Foxtel didn't tape anything

#16 anikal

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

No episode tonight. The cricket was on.

#17 Just the two of us

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (anikal @ 06/02/2013, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No episode tonight. The cricket was on.

Thanks anikal original.gif

#18 Fossy

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

Creatamum is spot on, park street south Melbourne is the new location. In that picture the bit on top of the building covered by the blue tarp was painted with the block logo. They are doing apartments, I thought it was funny they showed Josh saying 'I was sure we'd do apartmenta' putting the idea into people's minds! Filming started two weeks ago and it's all well and truly under way!

#19 Sallystwo

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

I love the block...and the Tradies - hope they win original.gif.

#20 wanting3

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

What is with the hole in the main bathroom, with the light cord hanging from???

Every house had it, could it be a second storey?

#21 ~kacee~

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (wanting3 @ 09/02/2013, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is with the hole in the main bathroom, with the light cord hanging from???

Every house had it, could it be a second storey?

I'm not sure that they are allowed to go up? When Josh and Jenna were talking about wanting to add another bedroom, they were told the could do a loft one, as long as it was under the existing roof line. Unless that was because there are plans to add a second story? But that would be mean in a "6 week" show (the block weeks are actually longer than 7 days, aren't they??)

#22 wanting3

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

It is just that it really looked like a stair case would be going up from that spot, and considering J and J were talking about being 'ahead' because they had already picked their bathroom fixtures, I thought a bathroom 'twist' would have been hilarious roll2.gif

#23 chouette

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

Gah....show must have run over tonight and pvr didn't record ending!!!!! Can anyone tell me who won first room?!?

#24 humphreybear

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

Josh and Jenna by 1 point from the Tradies. Dan and Dani got hammered (they aren't following the heritage guidelines).

#25 Soontobegran

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

1/Josh and Jenna
2/The Boys
3/Amity and Phil
4/The whingers

original.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.