trying to find a puppy
cavalier king charles spaniel

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 soontob6

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

Hi, I've spent countless hours on the internet over the last few days with absolutely no luck in finding a cavalier king charles spaniel puppy in queensland, from Mackay upwards!  I'm in North Qld and they are so hard to come by.  They all seem to be down south in Toowoomba/brisbane area and I don't want to get one flown up as they are too little and I don't think its fair on the little bubs.

Can anyone help?  I've been on dogzonline and checked out all the registered breeders with no luck.  I don't care if it comes from a registered breeder or not, as I won't be breeding myself, as long as I can view the parents.

tia!

#2 *Ker*

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:47 AM

http://www.dogs.net.au/luasper/

http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/member.asp?name=SKABET (No web page for this one, email)

Is Rocky and Kingaroy too far?

http://www.ozzispot.com/

http://www.tyrkenkennels.com.au/cavaliers.htm

I don't know QLD very well, so I don't know how far those are, but the top 2 are Mackay.

CKC are a dog that you really need to buy from a registered breeder - they are prone to a LOT of health issues and they need to be bred selectively.

#3 AMPSyd

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

I'm not in QLD so can't help but Cavvies are the most awesome dog, perfect in every way. Just don't be tempted to get an "oodle". Cavvies are perfect and don't need the "oodle".

I am a Cavvie snob though biggrin.gif

Edited to add - I have heard of the genetic issues Cavvies have. Get a good breeder. The Cavvie we have (and we travelled 3 hours to get her) has been bred well - or so I was told by a vet. Apparently some breeders will try and breed smaller ear canals and other things. While Cavvies may not live as long as other dogs - they are AWESOME.

Edited by AMPSyd, 06 February 2013 - 12:42 PM.

#4 soontob6

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

Just tried all those kennels with no luck. Yep I only want a pure bred cavie. Looks like the only way ill get one is to fly one up sad.gif

#5 FiveAus

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

Puppies travel really well, and if you choose a good pet mover, such as Jetpets, they get very well looked after.I had an 8 wk old puppy arrive from interstate, she bounded out of the crate and into my arms like she'd just woken from a nap.

#6 Oriental lily

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

What's the rush?

#7 chevbrock

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

From the little I know about Cavs, they are a very popular breed who have a tendency to a lot of genetic problems, the incidence of which are only made worse by inexperienced breeders who do not select parents properly.

I chorus everyone before me who has urged you to take your time and wait for a well-bred pup whose parents have been fully screened for all the usual problems. It's hard waiting for a puppy to come along, but you will be thankful for it in the long run.

#8 soontob6

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

Thanks for your replies.  I'm not in a rush, but when I start searching for something I can't stop rolleyes.gif  When I say I can't find anything up here, I mean I can't find any breeders,or the breeders I find aren't planning on having any litters this year( while I'm not in a rush, I would like to find one within the next 12 months), not just available puppies.
I will keep an eye out and wait for the perfect puppy original.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.