carseat/booster with the highest markers?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 romeolima

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

Hi, I am after some advice on which carseat/booster has the highest shoulder markers for the harness before needing to be converted to a booster?

I have a 18mth old DS who is very tall and has a long body, he is currently in a sns median which he has nearly out grown, it can not move any higher.

We are also expecting our second in july so will use DS carseats for the new bub.

thanks

#2 IsolaBella

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

I believe the New Maxi Rider has the highest Markers for FF.

#3 romeolima

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

thanks IsolaBella, I was told you were the person that would know,
they told me that in the shop but didn't really want to believe them as the pricetag is extreme,
would you know which one would be the next, to i can compare them.

I have been trying to do some research but can't find the specs on all of them and am in a rural area no shops handy to have a look, I might need to take a roadtrip  original.gif

#4 IsolaBella

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

SnS Compaq /Lifestyle also have high markers.

#5 romeolima

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

oh ok thank you both, i'll go look at these ones

#6 CupcakeSweety

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

Try the Infa Rovette sold by Kmart

#7 shj

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

Try the Safe N Sound Safeguard, it's one of their base models but I have found the shoulder height marker to be higher than all 6 point harnessed seats I've tried so far, we have tried a few, including the new maxi-rider, my son is tall, over 112cms at 3 yrs, he is able to use the Safeguard with about 3 or 4 cms until reaching to top marker whereas when he sits in the new maxi-rider he is only just under the marker to switch to booster.

#8 alxase

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

We bought the Maxi-Cosi Goliath car seats for my 3.5 yr old and my 4 year old.  They both still use the harness and my 4 yr old (5 in April) is 115cm tall. I looked especially for the highest harnessed car seat I could find for him.  It did also need to be narrow as we now have 2 carseats and a capsule in the back of our Passat, the Goliaths are really slimline so love them for that reason also.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Essential-kids_320x214-redballoon

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.