What to cook...
With these ingredients:

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Missmarymack

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

I have thawed 3 chicken thighs
I also have onions, carrots, celery, zucchini, lettuce, cucumber, potatoes, spring onions, frozen peas and corn, maybe some other veg lurking in the fridge
I have all sorts of canned beans, grains (4 types of rice, quinoa, pasta)
Canned tomatoes, loads of spices and other pantry staples

Plus a pomegranate, flat bread, natural yoghurt...

Any ideas? I am lacking ideas and enthusiasm

Edited by Missmarymack, 06 February 2013 - 12:46 PM.

#2 ChunkyChook

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (ChunkyChook @ 05/02/2013, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My favourite recipe is slow cooker clean tacos.

Chicken thigh fillets
Macro crushed tomatoes
Clean taco seasoning (1.5 teas cumin powder, sprinkle of paprika (a teaspoon or 2??), 1/4 tea oregano, 1/4 tea onion salt, 1/4 tea garlic powder, touch of chilli powder, maybe just add a tiny bit like a pinch. salt n pepper.)

Put all in the slow cooker. Serve on cos lettuce leaves with fresh diced tomato and mashed avocado with a few drops of freshly squeezed lime.

I have the above in the slow cooker. Could you do it on the stove top?

Maybe throw in a few veggies and serve it on rice?

#3 Academic

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

If you had the right spices, I'd be going for a Middle-Eastern sort of casserole - just what the bread and yoghurt brought to mind!

You could easily add chicken and a few other veggies with this, and serve it with the flat bread and yoghurt:
http://www.grouprecipes.com/58588/spicy-mi...-casserole.html

This looks pretty interesting too!
http://mideastfood.about.com/od/palestinia.../r/musakhan.htm

#4 icekool

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

Perhaps a stir fry? With rice

Or toss all the veg together (omit the tomatoes) and meat together with some flour, cheese, milk and salt

Serve with rice or stir in with pasta

#5 Missmarymack

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

Great ideas - thanks! I'm thinking middle eastern is a great idea. I have some morrocan spices which might be good in that chickpea recipe

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.