Photography course in Brisbane?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Peanut

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

So, my youngest has started Prep ( cry1.gif ) and I am considering doing a photography course now that I have more time on my hands.

There are so many to choose from however!!  Can anyone recommend a good "back to basics" course in Brisbane?

#2 Bec .

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

I'd say you could run a basic course Teri. Just sayin. laugh.gif

#3 mrslb

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

Hi!  I'm actually studying a Diploma of Photoimaging at CATC in Fortitude Valley - it's a fantastic school with wonderful lecturers.  I'd happily recommend any courses there.

I'm also starting up my own photography business.  

I'm on facebook at www.facebook.com/LaurenBridePhotography - you can contact me there if you have any more specific questions.

Edited by mrslb, 06 February 2013 - 06:56 PM.

#4 Peanut

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

Lol Rbat, its that old "must have the piece of paper/proper qualifications" feeling rearing its head!  No, I just think if I'm going to do a course I should start at the beginning!

Mrslb, thanks for your comments and I'll certainly look into CATC and your facebook page!  original.gif

ETA:  OMG, I didn't realise it but CATC is where I did an art/illustration course many, many years ago!  They've just moved from where there were back then.  Funny old world!

Edited by Peanut, 06 February 2013 - 07:08 PM.

#5 jodi

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

I am in Brisbane too, now... if you ever want to get together and just shoot for fun and practice, let me know... I love talking photography!

edited to add... I can be found on FB too  wink.gif

Edited by jodi, 06 February 2013 - 07:12 PM.

#6 mrslb

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

no problems - I only just joined the boards today - got my BFP on Sunday!  

Good luck with your photography and with the adjustment for your little one going into prep.

Exciting times.

#7 Peanut

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

Thanks mrslb!

Jodi, I've followed your photo a day for some time now, I just love your photos!  It would be fantastic to get together sometime!  I didn't realise you were on Facebook too, off to take a look.  original.gif

#8 winkwink

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

Jodi your photo a day is wonderful.  I did one for January this year and loved it, I was going to do it for the whole year but have missed a few days.

Teri maybe we should organise a Brisbane photography catch up?  Seems there are a few of us that would be keen.

#9 jodi

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (Peanut)
Jodi, I've followed your photo a day for some time now, I just love your photos! It would be fantastic to get together sometime! I didn't realise you were on Facebook too, off to take a look. original.gif

QUOTE (winkwink)
Jodi your photo a day is wonderful.

Thanks girls  cool.gif

#10 Peanut

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (winkwink @ 07/02/2013, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Teri maybe we should organise a Brisbane photography catch up?  Seems there are a few of us that would be keen.

That would be fun Wendy!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.