Kardinia International (Geelong)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Isis

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

Is there anyone in this forum who has kids at Kardinia, or has family/friends with kids at Kardinia? I'm curious about the interview process and what would determine if a child gains a place for year 7 or not.

Thanks- Isis

#2 Funwith3

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

Oh I am soooo stalking your thread!! Kardinia will be our secondary school of choice. My eldest is in grade 2 so we have a few years to go but I do like to be organised!!

OP, have you enrolled your daughter? When did you enrol her?

#3 Isis

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

Funwith3, we filled out the application to enrol last year. I originally inquired in January of 2012 about a wait list and was informed that at that stage, there wasn't one, but to have our paperwork submitted by the end of 2012. So we did.

#4 littletyke

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:42 PM

Hi there,

Whilst my little one isn't starting year 7 we did apply for junior school and were accepted into the prep year.

I know at year 7 it's more about the child showing they are academic and can answer the interview questions themselves.

Because I had trouble finding info about applying for junior school I thought I'd add my experience for others if they're looking in the future!

After submitting our enrolment application we were called for an interview. My bub was only 2 at the time so I wasn't sure what it could be about. The principal interviewed us and it wasn't intimidating at all. I was asked about my bub and what sort of things that were of interest. I chatted about the activities that keep my bub happy and what was of most interest at the time. Then we chatted about 'why Kardinia'. It's very important to have a good understanding of why you want a particular school so going to the open day and understanding the curriculum is helpful. Don't say "because it's close to my house". LOL.

Anyway, it wasn't very long..about 15 minutes. I really think they just want to establish you are serious about education, especially at a school that is known to challenge it's students. Kardinia has sport but they are not hell bent on making an olympic athlete like College or Grammar.

We had applied for their kinder program but it was full of siblings of other students so we waited 2 more years for a place.

My advice is just follow your instinct about what you think will be best for your child's education and the culture of the school you are looking at.

Good luck to all the mums and dads that read this and are applying for schools.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.