Q about essential kids site?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 FeralLIfeHacker

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

I have noticed an essential baby kids, is this different to EB, is it so that you don't see all the pg and tiny baby stuff once your past that stage? Do you have to sign up and do you still see the general sections? unsure.gif  or am I totally off track laugh.gif blush.gif

#2 Feral timtam

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

You use your EB login details.
It's a different colour scheme and different section titles. The "We are Discussing" panel often has the same topics visible on both sites. You can view threads started on EB on the EK website and vice versa.

I often get flicked over to the EK site when I click on one of those yummy looking recipes on the side.

#3 Straight*No*Chaser

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

I use EK. I like the blue better! Also, I don't need the baby articles as I don't have any. The forums are the same.

#4 toosenuf

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

How do you log in to only the EK site, i have tried many times it just doesnt work for me

do you log into only the EK site?

#5 EBeditor

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

toosenuf, what happens when you go here:
http://www.essentialkids.com.au/forums/

and log in with your Fairfax membership details?

#6 FeralLIfeHacker

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:32 AM

Thanks, will check it out.

#7 FeralZombieMum

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:37 AM

I prefer the colours on Essential Kids, much easier on my eyes. biggrin.gif

#8 catalyst

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:05 AM

toosenuf  if you are still having issues with  EK, then you are welcome to contact me at:

customerservice@essentialbaby.com.au  and I will look to see that  your membership  includes the EK site.

Kind regards

#9 toosenuf

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

QUOTE (EBeditor @ 07/02/2013, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
toosenuf, what happens when you go here:
http://www.essentialkids.com.au/forums/

and log in with your Fairfax membership details?

when i open the link, i am already logged in and the list of forums appear.

i dont know if it is something that i am doing, not doing, something that i just dont 'get eg understand', but this is what has always happened for me since EK was launched.

i am not able to exclusively open and use EK, it will not work for me, i have to be logged into EB.  If i post it is always thru EB and not EK,  i can read other people posts on EK if the email is sent from EK, if it is sent from EB then i read it on EB.  

I dont know how to change over to just EK, i have tried numerous time and have asked numerous times and not been successful so i always give up.  ph34r.gif

#10 toosenuf

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE (catalyst @ 07/02/2013, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
toosenuf  if you are still having issues with  EK, then you are welcome to contact me at:

customerservice@essentialbaby.com.au  and I will look to see that  your membership  includes the EK site.

Kind regards

Thankyou Sandra

i am emailing you now.

I dearly want to only use EK, just dont know how to

thanks

#11 lucky 2

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:22 AM

Perhaps EB is like the Hotel California, you're stuck here forever tongue.gif .

On a serious note, I hope you get it worked out this time!

#12 EBeditor

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

If you are sent a link to EB, you will go to EB. They are two different URLs so you will have to check which one you are logged in to.

There is a big where thread subscriptions for EK are sent to EB but we are working on that.

#13 Genabee

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

Maybe make sure you are logged out of EB before logging into EK?

#14 FeralZombieMum

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

Yes, have you tried to log out of EB toosenuf? Or opened a new tab and logged in then?

I am automatically logged into EK because my password is remembered.

Do you have your internet home page as the EB forums? And does it log you in automatically?

#15 toosenuf

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (ZombieMum @ 07/02/2013, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, have you tried to log out of EB toosenuf? Or opened a new tab and logged in then?

I am automatically logged into EK because my password is remembered.

Do you have your internet home page as the EB forums? And does it log you in automatically?

Yes, but that didnt solve anything

I am currently only logged into EK as my password is remembered, but if i receive an email notification from EB it takes me to EB which i am currently not logged into, which is ok for reading, but if i want to reply to that thread, i have to either log into EB or change the URL to say Kids and not Baby, sorry but i find that rather tedious.  What do you do if you receive a email from EB does it open up the thread in EB or EK

hadnt thought to at EK to my home pages, might do that and see if that helps, thankyou.

#16 FeralZombieMum

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

That's no different to what I experience then.

Some links posted in threads take me to EB - because that's the URL someone has used. For a while I wasn't logged on automatically for EB, so I couldn't read ones in Venting etc unless I logged in.

I solved it by asking for EB to remember my login details as well - so it doesn't matter if I am reading via EB or EK, I get logged in automatically to wherever the links take me. I just have to put up with the awful yellow on EB if I click on an EB link. wink.gif

I tend to post EK  URL links and once sent someone a pm with an EK link and they seemed a bit paranoid in their reply because they said they hadn't joined up to EK and weren't happy I'd sent them there! laughing2.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Essential-kids_320x214-redballoon

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.