Anyone starting Round 1 12wbt on Monday 11th Feb?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Waratah

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

I am excited to get going on this diet but also slightly nervous. I have lost 6.5kg preseason hoping to lose 10 at least on the 12wbt. So if anyone else is doing it come in and say hi.

Edited by Waratah, 06 February 2013 - 06:16 PM.

#2 Phoenix Blue

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

Hi hi original.gif I'm in too. I've lost 3.2 in Preseason and im actually quite surprised how easy it has been, i thought my weightliss would be much slower as i dont have much to lose. I'm really looking forward to the exercise plans. I'm thinking I won't really follow the recipes plan much, maybe just to add variety, but I'll just stick to my 1200 and my usual foods.

Would be good to have an EB thread as their forums can be quite overwhelming.

Have you done the fitness test yet Waratah?

#3 Waratah

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

Yes I have I am hopelessly unfit lol. I have mainly been doing walking and lots of it as my choice of exercising.  Depending on the recipes I might just adapt to what I like. The forums there are a bit much far too much going on it gets confusing.  Hopefully there will be a group of EBers doing this round.

#4 neyrie

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:23 AM

I am! Just did my time trial this morning actually. Only walked a bit less than half lol.

I didn't really get right into preseason, was working away out in the sticks, literally on farms so that was enough exersize! I did jump on the scales this morning tho and I'm about 2kg lighter than mid January-ish and I haven't done much to my diet in that time in regards to cutting out chocolate   blush.gif  but I was controlling portions. Pretty organised now I just want to see the meal plans for it!

Bring on February 11th!!

Good luck to all  biggrin.gif

Michaela

#5 Waratah

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

I can't do the official weight and measurements yet as I misplaced my tape measure so have to do it all tomorrow morning as I have now eaten and drunk water and you know how water puts on the weight  wink.gif  LOL  I find it actually quite difficult doing my arms and around the stomach.  

#6 Waratah

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

DP

Edited by Waratah, 07 February 2013 - 09:46 AM.

#7 loubee

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

We have a 12wbt EB challenge facebook group you aer welcome to join. Only a few of us on there but would love some extra support and butt kicking if you want to join us.

#8 the wudges

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

I decided to sign up to it this morning, so I'm a bit behind on my pre-season tasks.  I did Round 1 last year and lost 11 kgs, so this round I'm hoping to lose another 5-7kgs, tone up and train for a 10km run original.gif

#9 winkwink

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

I will also be doing it again.  I've had very good results with previous rounds but due to circumstances really fell off the wagon this last round and actually gained quite a bit.  Hoping to recommit and reach my goal.  Loubee do you have a link for the FB group?

#10 loubee

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

https://www.facebook.com/groups/322923157809161/

Come join us!

#11 CalEliKat

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

I was registered last year and doing well then my Dadda died so I was lost.

I am pumped for starting Monday, have worked very hard to change my drinking and eating habits during pre season and started walking daily.  Hopefully nothing with push me off course this time.

I have requested FB group membership - Kerrie G.

#12 AmyP

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

This will be my third round.  I have lost 15kg in total and am now pretty happy with my current weight, but I am addicted to her program so will work towards fitness goals this time and hopefully lose the last couple of kg's as well.  The program is fabulous.

#13 twinmumplus1

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

Just put a request in for the FB group.  I have lost 6.4 so far (yet to do my weigh in this week - on the way to buy some batteries.  Oops).  Really enjoying it so far original.gif

#14 Phoenix Blue

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

I've put in a request for the facebook group too. Kate

#15 Waratah

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

I put my request in also to the Facebook page.

#16 ~Mintie~

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

So excited and keen to get started. I did 1 round in the middle of last year and hoping to reach my final goal this time.

#17 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

I've put Ina request for the FB group. original.gif I am looking forward to starting.

I'm doing the pregnancy program so not really sure how much weight to aim to lose. Pre-pregnancy I had about 20-25 kg to lose.

#18 Pssst...

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

I'm dong it too, for the first time. Haven't done much preseason as I've been a bit busy with a newborn and some house stuff. Will be doing my fitness test and measurements on the weekend. Want to lose 6kg to get back to pre-preg weight. I have more to lose after that but got to start somewhere!

Will also put in a request for the Facebook group (initials TM).

What exercise programs are people doing? I can't decide whether I want to do the 10kg run (I was just getting into running before I had babies) or the beginner/intermediate program (depending on my test results). Any tips/suggestions?

#19 ~Mintie~

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

Pssst I'm also tossing up between the beginner/intermediate and Learn to run. I'm going for the Learn to Run because I did the beg/int last time and want to change it up a bit original.gif Also I'd love to be able to run.

#20 Pssst...

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

mintie - do you think if i did beg/int i could simply incorporate some running? or am i better off choosing the specific program?

#21 alexx28

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

YES YES YES...I am!!

I had a total freak out today when I saw the nutrition plan & exercise plans, however I spent a bit of time reading it & getting my head around it all & I am all over it!!

I lost about 2.5kgs in pre-season. I workout great but my diet is all over the place. I play good for 5 days & then the weekend comes & pffft.

I am doing the intermediate program & will throw in a bit of LTR (Learn to Run). I also ride quite a bit so will continue doing that until it gets too cold (hate riding when it's icy cold) or too dark (I don't have a light or high vis jacket etc). I also go to the gym, so I will refine my workouts a bit.

Putting in a request for the eb fb group.

#22 LoveMySnuggles

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

Hi Im new here (been stalking & my DD sleep issues has solved themselves original.gif) I have also signed up for the 12wbt original.gif I still have to do fitness test & measurements, think I will be doing them on Sunday when DH is home to have the kids. I'm excited I need to lose 25kg but aiming for 10kg so I dont get disappointed if I dont make my goal. Good luck everyone original.gif

#23 Bissett

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

Me!
I too have lost a little weight in the pre season by using Michelle's crunch time book. It's a great book if anyone is considering buying it

I'm a little worries that I won't be following her exercise recommendations exactly as I have committed to step into life but as I did no exercise previously this can only be an advantage right?

Is anyone considering going to the finale? I'm in melb so close to me. Initially I didn't want to but love the 'community' aspect of it so am re considering

#24 barney34

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

Hi there!

I did 12wbt last round and lost 6kg and lost another 2kg after it! I have now hit my goal weight! It has changed my life, seriously! I went in to it only being able to do 5 minutes on the cross trainer and a 2 minute jog. Now I do 20-30 minutes on cross trainer and can jog on treadmill for 20 mins. I actually enjoy going to the gym and get up at the crack of dawn to get there before DH goes to work! I dont go as often as the 12wbt but I aim for 4 good gym sessions a week. One thing I highly recommend and something that is talked about on the forums is getting a polar hear rate moniter. When I go to the gym i make sure I am burning between 400-600 calories per workout. It keeps me focused and motivated!

I am considering signing up again because although I have hit my target weight i still have a lot of toning to do. For those who have done 12wbt before, do you think it beneficial of me to sign up and follow Lean and Strong? Also what would my calorie consumption be if I dont want to loose anymore weight?

I wish everyone the best of luck! You can do it!

Edited by barney34, 08 February 2013 - 07:43 PM.

#25 Bissett

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

Barney- I second the heart rate monitor. I love seeing how many calories I've burned. Good motivator to hit the 500 mark

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• ebk-canonD30-thumb

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

• ppcard-thumb

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less: what is your best pregnancy or parenting tip?

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.