Shop lost my shoe!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 bettymm

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

Ok so i bought a pair of little baby shoes..those pre walker soft leather slip on shoes from a little local shop (their own brand) for my 12 month old for $40 just before Christmas.  She was learning to walk at this time so i really wanted these as they were nice and soft and flexible.  After wearing them for 2 weeks, one of the shoes literally started falling apart at the seams.

I have bought something from this shop before, a shirt, that had a lace trim on it that the stitching was coming away after one wash.  I took it back and they actually repaired it for free.  i was so happy with the way they handled that i have actually become a regular customer there, they know me.  This is why when one of the shoes fell apart I took it back and told them.  The shop assistant working there didnt really know what to do but I told her to tell the manager.  The manager actually rang me and told me to bring the shoe in and she would have it repaired.  Again, i was really happy with the way she handled it.  They ring me last Friday to tell me the shoe is ready , waiting at the store and I can come and collect it.  I was so busy this week , didnt get a chance to get in there till today and when I go in they tell me..they have lost the shoe.

The sales person looked and looked , i was waiting about half an hour while she searched.  I actually had to go pick up my daughter from child care while she continued to look, ring the manager etc,  (its a really small shop too!) I returned there later to see if they found it but, no.  Apparantly the manager said I can buy another pair of the shoes for half price.

Im a little annoyed at this.  Im really not wanting to fork over more money for a pair of shoes that are obviously not that well put together.  Am i expecting too much for them to replace the missing shoe?

#2 Avogadro

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

They should replace the shoes if they can't find the missing shoe.  Simple.

#3 amabanana

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

They should be giving you a pair for free.  You would have a pair already if they hadn't lost one them!  Totally their fault so they should reimburse you.

#4 AnnBB

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

Uuuuummm what? They lost your shoe and instead of giving you another pair for free, they are you letting you buy another pair for half price. unsure.gif That is crazy! I would be telling them where they can shove their shoes ( and the rest of the things you won't be buying fom them in the future).

#5 Tammy Swanson

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

OP that is crazy, they should be replacing the pair for free! I would insist as $40 for pre walkers is very very expensive!

#6 Liadan

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

Pretty sure that under consumer laws, you are entitled to a complete refund.

They should be replacing them for free, or offering you a refund.

#7 mini mac

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

Pretty sure legally they have lost your belongings therefore should replace it or reimburse you. I hope you have a receipt of proof incase they go all dodgy and pretend they never had it...

#8 tenar

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

Tell them thanks, you'll take the free half of the pair they are offering, to match up with the half pair you have at home.  

Then wait and see whether the penny drops...

#9 bettymm

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

Tell them thanks, you'll take the free half of the pair they are offering, to match up with the half pair you have at home.

Then wait and see whether the penny drops...

ha! awesome.  I may just have to do that!

I hope you have a receipt of proof incase they go all dodgy and pretend they never had it...

Nup.  Im hopeless at keeping receipts..never do sad.gif

So, no legal ground to stand on i guess.

just wondering if there is anything else I can do bar getting in a huff and flouncing telling them Ill never buy from that shop again?

#10 FiveAus

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

In a polite and conversational tone, just say "Oh, I'm not happy with having to pay more money for a shoe when you guys lost it. I'll just give Consumer Affairs a ring and see what they advise."

At the very least, the lost shoe should have been covered by the manufacturers warranty (for the damage, not them losing it), and you could also find out their number and give them a call.

#11 bettymm

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

In a polite and conversational tone, just say "Oh, I'm not happy with having to pay more money for a shoe when you guys lost it. I'll just give Consumer Affairs a ring and see what they advise."

Yep, good advice thanks.  i think ill do that.

I said to the sales person today , when she told me the managers offer of a half priced shoes .. (in a relaxed tone)

"No, I wont be paying for any more shoes, if you guys cant find it by next week ill call the manager myself and chat to her"  If the manager wont budge ill mention calling Consumer Affairs.

Cheers for the advice.

#12 toosenuf

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:13 AM

QUOTE (Avogadro @ 06/02/2013, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They should replace the shoes if they can't find the missing shoe.  Simple.

this

#13 Therese

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:21 AM

They should be giving you a replacement pair of shoes for free.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.