Nine-year-old Mexican girl gives birth to healthy baby daughter

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Hayleymumof3

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

A MEXICAN girl aged nine has given birth to a girl of her own, local authorities and family members have said.
"The girl was just over eight when she got pregnant. The father is a boy who is 17, but we have not found him, since he ran away," the mother of the girl, identified only as Dafne, told local officials in Jalisco state.
"We are looking for the young man to get his story because she does not understand what has happened. This is a rape or child sex abuse case," said Jorge Villasenor with the state prosecutors' office.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/parenting...6#ixzz2KB4WExvH

cry1.gif Poor girl.

#2 robot sm

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

Woah.

#3 PurpleNess

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

Poor child ...or children :-(

#4 opethmum

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

I really hope the hospital keeps their word and support this poor girl and that she get s the help she desperately needs and that she can take care of herself and get some education and be able to support her daughter in the future. I hope the family helps her and does not abandon her.

#5 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

Heart breaking sad.gif

#6 daisydo

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

So sad.

#7 MrsLexiK

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

That poor girl, and her family and the little one she has given brith to.

#8 Maple Leaf

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

Good lord.

#9 epl0822

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

Sick. Seventeen is an age where you know the difference between right and wrong.

#10 Chelli

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

I have a 9yo and this just breaks my heart nno.gif

#11 choccy2

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

This so so incredibly sad - I have an 11 year old and can't imagine an even younger child being forced to endure being assaulted let alone pregnancy and birth.

There is no way in hell I would be putting a child of that age through pregnancy and birth.

There a no words for what I think of her abuser.

#12 AbbottProofFence

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

Oh my god. My DD will be 9 this year and I just can't even imagine, she's still practically a baby herself  cry1.gif cry1.gif cry1.gif

#13 Etienne

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

Poor little girl.  

It makes me feel sick.  I agree and hope she is given all the support and education to get through this.

#14 ~sydblue~

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (Chelli @ 07/02/2013, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a 9yo and this just breaks my heart nno.gif

My DD will be 9 in june and to think of a girl a bit older than her pregnant just makes me sick. She must not have shown at all, or because of her families religion a termination was not a possibility.

#15 follies

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

The youngest girl to give birth was Lina Medina at the age of five. They never worked out who the father was.

#16 Soontobegran

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

I have seen the result of pregnancy on the physical and psychological condition of 11 and 12 year olds, I can not even imagine the damage done to this poor little girl. sad.gif

#17 BadCat

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

I hope when they catch the father they cut his nuts off.

I can't even imagine why they would not give this poor child a termination.  It boggles the mind.

Edited by O TheHugeManatee, 07 February 2013 - 08:31 PM.

#18 AbbottProofFence

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (~sydblue~ @ 07/02/2013, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My DD will be 9 in june and to think of a girl a bit older than her pregnant just makes me sick. She must not have shown at all, or because of her families religion a termination was not a possibility.

I just looked it up. As the girl isn't from Mexico City, she wouldn't have been able to legally obtain an abortion: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_Mexico

Perhaps they lacked the financial means to take her to the capital city or their religious beliefs made them unwilling to consider it.

Who knows. Tragic either way.

#19 BetteBoop

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Poor kid. And giving birth to another female makes it even more tragic. In some countries, girls don't get a childhood.

The youngest girl to ever give birth was aged 5.

#20 pinkcupcakes

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (follies @ 07/02/2013, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The youngest girl to give birth was Lina Medina at the age of five. They never worked out who the father was.

ffear.gif whaaaaat??! i didnt even know that was possible! poor little girls! its hard enough being a grown woman in a western country with good medical care and having to go through the pain of childbirth, let alone such infantile girls! not to mention the emotional and mental trauma. that is actually too much for me to comprehend. i hope they find  the @#$%%^&*( and torture him. that is all.

#21 BadCat

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE (norageo @ 07/02/2013, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just looked it up. As the girl isn't from Mexico City, she wouldn't have been able to legally obtain an abortion: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_Mexico

Perhaps they lacked the financial means to take her to the capital city or their religious beliefs made them unwilling to consider it.

Who knows. Tragic either way.

I don't understand how a country can treat it's women and girls so poorly that a 9yo presenting with a pregnancy wouldn't be made the highest priorty for counselling and abortion.  And if it's a religious thing then I condemn that religion outright as disgusting and immoral.

This just highlights once again how far women have still to go to be treated decently around the world.

Edited by O TheHugeManatee, 08 February 2013 - 09:05 AM.

#22 Soontobegran

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

I just found this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22...l#axzz2KG3tcfP4

Of course the validity of the article could be in question but if it is correct then the story has become even more horrendous. sad.gif

#23 RCTP

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:22 AM

So very very sad. Poor child.

#24 BadCat

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:32 AM

What the hell is an 8yo doing with a 15yo boyfriend?

How did the mother not notice the child was pregnant?

And how can a hospital sterilise a child like that?

Truly horrendous.

#25 Soontobegran

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

It seems that the child had been pulled out of school at 8 to be caregiver for her family of 14, it sounds as though her life was of little importance to anyone. I guess they now have another little girl to take over.
The hospital's actions?? It appears to be quite a modern well equipped and well staffed place and I just can't figure how they let this tiny baby go home to the family, let alone the fact that they sterilised the tiny mum first. sad.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• ppcard-thumb

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less: what is your best pregnancy or parenting tip?

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.