ThurNigDruFemBar

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Angelot

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

It's only Thursday, but it feels like it should be Friday.  

Anyone else?

#2 Feral Nicety

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

i'm going away all by myself for 3 days on Friday so it should be Friday now!

#3 Iliketoflounce

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (Ange Vert @ 07/02/2013, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's only Thursday, but it feels like it should be Friday.  

Anyone else?

It should be Friday, then the weekend should skip Sunday just had enough of my boss (she didn't my dh so we have no money for food cause I paid the bills without knowing he had not been paid). I have half a bottle of wine to drink.

(If the boss says anything she will wish she didn't)

ETA for terrible spelling and grammar

Edited by Minnieme4me, 07 February 2013 - 06:31 PM.

#4 Angelot

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

Balzac, bliss, enjoy!

Edited by Ange Vert, 07 February 2013 - 06:29 PM.

#5 JRA

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

Oh yes.

I worked Wed-Fri and Mon-Wed this week where as I normally work Mon-Wed, and I feel exhausted.  Work is at a very very hectic stage, so today when I am not working I have answered emails for a large part of the day.

Getting back to the work/school routine has been hard.

Thankfully DS is loving being back at school, but with the move to middle school getting the hang of it has been hard work, probably for us more than him

#6 Feral Borgia

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

Hi all!

Balzac that sound wonderful, I am jealous .....

I'm back at work after a years maternity leave...more than a year actually, as I tacked on some annual leave at the end. So that's been an adjustment!

Sadly a horror file which I left with my replacement ...hoping he would finalise it- has come back to haunt me... cry1.gif ...I had hoped it would be finished, but no!

#7 Angelot

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

What is it that you do, LB?

#8 Feral Borgia

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

I'm a lawyer for one of our national broadcasters .... I do a lot of their technology contracts ..transmission services agreements and such...they are huge contracts and a nightmare to manage....

All the lawyers in the department have to do prepublication advice which is really interesting....that's vetting stories for defamation, contempt of court etc.....I enjoy this aspect of my job, the transmission stuff....not so much....

Have you resumed your studies AV?

#9 Angelot

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

That sounds fascinating!

QUOTE (Lucretia Borgia @ 07/02/2013, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you resumed your studies AV?

Not quite.  I have started in my field placement for the year, but classes don't start until later in the month.  I am hanging out for them with growing desperation!

#10 ~kacee~

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

I found last week dragged more. Does anyone else feel as though a short week after a public holiday actually seems longer?

#11 71Cath

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (~kacee~ @ 07/02/2013, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I found last week dragged more. Does anyone else feel as though a short week after a public holiday actually seems longer?

Yes! Always. I am counting the minutes until 5pm Friday when I get my kids back after 3 weeks with their dad  biggrin.gif

#12 Feral Borgia

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (Ange Vert @ 07/02/2013, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not quite.  I have started in my field placement for the year, but classes don't start until later in the month.  I am hanging out for them with growing desperation!

Ha! I know what you mean...I kind of had mixed feelings about going back to work, and leaving Ds2 in the hands of his carer....he is my last baby  - I won't have any more- so that's a chapter of my life that is now shut. I'm really enjoying work, and the intellectual stimulation that comes with it though...I tend to get myself in a bit of a " holding pattern " when I'm on mat. Leave, I'm actually far more efficient ..at everything (work, home life) when I work! Very odd, but that's how it is...

JRA...I know what you meAn getting back into the school routine, DS1 is adjusting pretty well, but the mornings are a blur, school lunches, packing bags etc...and now I have to have myself half presentable for work!

Minime4me.....that sounds like an awful situation! I hate it when payroll can't get their act together.....the reality is many people live pay packet to pay packet and if they miss a pay it leaves them high and dry...hope you can sort it out....

#13 Angelot

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

I've hated my "maternity leave" - if you can call it such - with a passion.  I feel trapped, depressed, anxious and generally miserable.  DH runs choir practice on Thursday nights and doesn't usually take DD, but he got home today and I told him to take her, for her sake, because I was absolutely at my wits' end.  And she's not even a bad kid, she's great!  I just want with every fibre of my being to be focussed elsewhere.

So, yeah...bring on semester!

#14 PixieVee

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

I'll join. I've just started a three day weekend and man do I need it. I'm a travel agent and basically I've been dealing with a VERY angry customer over a problem caused by a wholesaler bit of course I'm the one copping the brunt. Mer.

Having some rose now, which is delightful.

#15 Iliketoflounce

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (Lucretia Borgia @ 07/02/2013, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Minime4me.....that sounds like an awful situation! I hate it when payroll can't get their act together.....the reality is many people live pay packet to pay packet and if they miss a pay it leaves them high and dry...hope you can sort it out....

not pay roll the boss not putting pay in grrr all because Dh had to quit due to his health. she said she has 14 days to do a seperation cert. and knowing her she will do it last minute

1 wine done with dinner on to next one

#16 Feral_Pooks

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

Hi all.

I just found out I have been accepted to do some postgrad study!

I am elated. I've been hitting refresh on my inbox about 50,000 times waiting to find out.

Sorry people are having a sh*tty time but yay me.

Also, Balzac, I am so jealous! And on an unrelated note, is your UN supposed to sound like "ball sack" because that's what I think in my head when I read it. It's like aww, good old ball sack.

#17 PixieVee

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

Congratulations Pooks!

#18 Iliketoflounce

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (Pooks_ @ 07/02/2013, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all.

I just found out I have been accepted to do some postgrad study!

I am elated. I've been hitting refresh on my inbox about 50,000 times waiting to find out.

Sorry people are having a sh*tty time but yay me.

Also, Balzac, I am so jealous! And on an unrelated note, is your UN supposed to sound like "ball sack" because that's what I think in my head when I read it. It's like aww, good old ball sack.

YAY congrats what will you be studying? I got accepted a few weeks ago I cant wait to start

#19 Feral Borgia

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (Ange Vert @ 07/02/2013, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've hated my "maternity leave" - if you can call it such - with a passion.  I feel trapped, depressed, anxious and generally miserable.  DH runs choir practice on Thursday nights and doesn't usually take DD, but he got home today and I told him to take her, for her sake, because I was absolutely at my wits' end.  And she's not even a bad kid, she's great!  I just want with every fibre of my being to be focussed elsewhere.

So, yeah...bring on semester!

Yeh, I totally get this. I find mothering (full time mothering) relentless .....there's an article ...I'll try to find the link....which spoke to this really well.....but already I find myself engaging better with my children than I did when I was with them full time.....

Pooks, that's great news ...what are you studying?

#20 Angelot

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

Ah, Pooks?  I think it's meant to be more like Bal (as in balloon) and zac as in suck-with-a-z.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor%C3%A9_de_Balzac

#21 RichardParker

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

Hi all.  I would love a drink.  Except the wine is in the fridge and I am trapped under a hungry, sh*t-machine of a son.  And the remote for the TV is in the other room.  This is bad.

Enjoy your break, Balzac!  

Ange, I hope things will be better once you get back to study and work.  I'm already finding motherhood relentless and I'm only a month in and he's a relatively good sleeper.  

Eta congrats Pooks!

LB that sounds like quite a cool job.

Edited by *Greenbag*, 07 February 2013 - 07:58 PM.

#22 Clever bunny

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

Congrats Pooks!
Ange Vert,  I hope your upcoming studies help you feel balanced again.
I have bubbly in the fridge but have to pick up my OH later as he got in first and is at a work farewell. Boo!

#23 Angelot

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

Oh, work...don't get me started.  I've done as much whingeing as I should in any one thread.

It sounds as if new motherhood is treating you about as should be expected, though, Greenbag?  How are you surviving?

#24 Feral_Pooks

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

It's in Public Health- Health Promotion.

Ange... She will always be ball sack to me Tounge1.gif

Eta. Greenbag... Yes relentless is the word. Welcome  wacko.gif

Edited by Pooks_, 07 February 2013 - 08:03 PM.

#25 Ireckon

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

Banana.. Ballsack.

The kids are all tucked up, DH is away for a few nights, and I am debating between tv and a good book....if I opt for book, then it becomes real book vs. iPad book. I think I might finally invest in a kindle or some such piece of technology.

Then of course, the choice is also red, or beer. I am thinking red, but I do so hate to leave some in the bottle. This is my biggest issue for the night.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.