Teacher Education Enabling Course
Has anyone else done it?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ImpatientAnna

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

Hi

Because I did my HSC many moons ago, I have to do the above course whilst doing my BEd..... It is two extra units, one English, one math, to meet requirements for teaching primary. Just wondering if anyone can tell me about the math unit..... I am scared that it will be 2 unit HSC standard, which I barely passed 14 years ago!!!!  I have no issue with the English one, but I am just unable to get my head around calculus or complicated algebra...... Surely I don't need that to be able to teach primary math???!!!! Very nervous!

#2 Wyn99

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

Hi, maybe you can borrow the textbooks for the English unit listed at this link to get an idea of what the study will be?

Maths unit needs to meet HSC Band 4 General Mathematics, no textbooks listed but an overview at this link.

#3 Guest_CaptainOblivious_*

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

I had to do a similar thing to finalise my teaching degree as my undergrad stuff didn't have enough maths. It was bloody hard, probably closer to year 12 maths or start of uni stuff.

Either way, I did it via distance ed and it was a huge struggle. Thank god for EB and my maths buddies who would come in and explain how to do the various tricky things. I crashed and burned in the exam but due to the assignment marks I'd gotten I had enough overall to pass the subject.  

Can I suggest if you suck at maths, you check your answers for assignments with someone after you've done them so that you can be sure to get all of the possible marks in case you need them. In my case, my calculator died in the first minute of the exam and all the key sequences were different on the calculator the examiner lent me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.