50 Life Hacks to Simplify your World
Fun efficiency tips

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Procrastinator5000

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

This is going round Facebook.

I like the bottle top chocolate chips one but pretty much all of them had me going, 'that's so neat'! What's your favourite?

http://twistedsifter.com/2013/01/50-life-h...ify-your-world/

#2 niggles goes feral

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

I saw that last week and tried the can opener on the blister pack. It didn't work. I'd given it quite the build up in my head so I was shattered.

#3 Just Another Cat

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

The Nutella one!

I have been known to eat Nutella straight from the jar ph34r.gif

#4 FeralLIfeHacker

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

All of them Tounge1.gif

I spend waaaay too much time here:

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/

#5 FeralDancesHere

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

The guys on My Kitchen Rules last night needed the egg one  happy.gif

#6 Sloane Peterson

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

wow I'm only up to number 5 and I'm already so excited!

Good find OP.

*gets back to it

#7 Procrastinator5000

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (niggles @ 08/02/2013, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw that last week and tried the can opener on the blister pack. It didn't work. I'd given it quite the build up in my head so I was shattered.

ohmy.gif Devo.

Cool to know there is a whole life hacking website!

#8 FEdeRAL

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

I love them all! Brownie in mug will be one of the firsts on my must try list.
Thanks OP.

#9 silver-rain

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

I love the bread tags on the electrical cables one, simply because one is labelled "life support".
Totally going to try the rubber band on the paint tin, the egg separating bottle and the dustpan in the sink tricks!

#10 April girl

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

33 is genius. Really!

#11 Fat Amy

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

I loved about 45 of them. Although I think if I tried them all they might not work as easily as they seem.

#12 Feral Grey Mare

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

I already do 18 (stack clothes vertically in drawers so you can see them) and 28 (put the last of the old soap onto the new one). Be careful with 34 (the brownie-in-a-mug) the mug is really hard to clean afterwards as the mix bakes on rock hard.

#13 *-*

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

One not there, that should be is:

#14 feralstreak

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

I got really excited over the rubber band on the paint can, that was fab!

#15 Majeix

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

Some of those are brilliant..(okay most)...

#16 ~~Cleopatra~~

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

I want to do 31, but I don't like my chances of finding a cassette tape sad.gif

#17 MrsDoyle

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

I've tried the can opener one too, and failed.  Also tried the brownie in a mug (or one of the other variants) and it was awful!

But quite a few of them are awesome ideas.  I'm partial to the nutella ice cream one as well!

I'm not sure about asking your friends to pose for a photo with stuff they've borrowed though!  Not really my kinda thing, and i can never find photos when i want them (or remember that i've taken them in the first place!)

Also not really sure how learning how to tie a tie is an efficiency tip?

#18 Feralishous

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:54 AM

will have t try a few of these! I love the clothes hangers and soda tab one!

#19 Fr0g

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:52 AM

I got quite excited at bacon pancakes, and probably studied the fitted sheet-folding too intensely for a Saturday morning.

The bulldog clips for loose cords looked handy, too.

#20 CountryFeral

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:23 AM

Clever....  some things there I will try... (pretends the first one isn't bacon pancakes!)

However

Don't 'tie your extension cords in a knot'.

This is a dangerous thing, as is the 'wrap the power cord around two nails' one..  

It isn't a 'life hack' if you electrocute yourself!

#21 hoohoobump

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE (niggles @ 08/02/2013, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I find my spare garden pruners great for blister packs!

#22 BadCat

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:06 AM

I love some of those but eeeewww to bacon pancakes.

#23 LittleListen

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:20 AM

Actually the pancake place I regularly frequent makes an excellent corn and bacon pancake stack with whipped butter...

ahhhh those were the days..

#24 Procrastinator5000

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

Yeah I don't know about the bacon pancakes either.. they looked a bit weird!

#25 Zahhy

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

omg, my life is going to be so full of win after I finish reading this!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• winter-school-holiday-guide

School holiday guide

Here is what's on around Australia in your state. From ice skating to music theatre classes there is something to suit every child and every budget.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.