What would you bake?
lots of chocolate

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 gina70

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:36 AM

I have some Cadbury cooking chocolate left over from Christmas that I would like to bake with this weekend.  I have:  large box of cocoa, block of  milk cooking chocolate, 2 bags of  white melts and a bag of milk chocolate baking chips.

What yummy things would you bake?

#2 harryhoo

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:45 AM

Triple chocolate brownies! Or truffles?

#3 icekool

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:48 AM

Do you have cream and frozen berries?

#4 Ehill

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:49 AM

I have got this amazing chocolate cheesecake slice that uses nearly all those things.  It is very decadent.  Let me know if you want me to find the recipe although from memory the topping is better with dark chocolate.

Otherwise brownies.

#5 cinnabubble

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:10 AM

Brownies:

Preheat Oven to 160 degrees celsius.

370g Caster Sugar
80g Cocoa Powder
60g Plain Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder

Sift then mix the above together in a Bowl

4 Eggs beaten
250g Melted Butter
200g Dark chocolate Broken into pieces

add to  the above and mix through with a wooden spoon

pour into a buttered and floured baking tin 9"
Bake for 30-40 minutes until just set

Remove from oven

Allow to cool then turn out onto a tray
(take great care as the brownie is very fragile, it may benefit from being refrigerated, this will also help with cutting the brownie into the required  sized portions)
But take care to serve it at room temp or even give it 15-20 seconds in the microwave to soften the chocolate

Or this chocolate mud cake:

http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/Choco...Cake-L1217.html

Edited by cinnabubble, 09 February 2013 - 08:11 AM.

#6 Tall Poppy

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (Ehill @ 09/02/2013, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have got this amazing chocolate cheesecake slice that uses nearly all those things.  It is very decadent.  Let me know if you want me to find the recipe although from memory the topping is better with dark chocolate.

I'd love the recipe if you don't mind. It sounds good for DH birthday which is soon.

#7 Ehill

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (BadKitteh @ 09/02/2013, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd love the recipe if you don't mind. It sounds good for DH birthday which is soon.

200gm plain choc biscuits crushed (i used choc ripple)
80gm butter melted
100gm choc chips (doesnt matter if dark or milk)

I would crush biscuits in food processor and then drizzle in melted butter, press hard and evenly into a lined and greased lamington tin.  Sprinkle the choc chips over the top evenly.

375gm cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs
150gm white choc melted

Beat cream cheese until light and creamy, beat in sugar, beat in eggs 1 at a time, the add the melted white choc beating constantly.  Spread the mixture over the base.
Bake at 180deg for 30mins until just set.  Cool until firm.

150gm dark choc
160gm sour cream

Heat, melting the choc slowly and mix.  It sounds like a wierd combo but it is perfect with the ridiculously sweet bottom 2 layers.  Stir until nice and smooth, spread over the cheesecake layer and refrigerate.

OMG....it is delicious.  Great for a big group as you can really only eat a small piece!  I used to make it for the cafe I worked at.

#8 gina70

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:44 AM

Thank you for the ideas/ recipes!  I think I will make brownies for the lunch boxes.  Maybe some blondies as well.

#9 JustBeige

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:51 AM

Death By Chocolate Muffins.

Basicalliy, You use the normal muffin mix and add in the cocoa, then add in the chips and broken up cooking choc and put white buttons on top.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.