House of Cards - US Political Drama

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 IsolaBella

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

Is anyone else watching House of Cards?

I LOVED the BBC Mini Series in the 1990's (and also read the books by Michael Dobbs), so initially was put off by the once again US remaking something British, but three episodes in I am loving it.

FU is wonderful once again. Talking to the Audience and the line of "you may very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment" brings a smile, so familiar.

Will be interesteting to see where they take the story (as obviously US politics and processes are different to British system ( you can't have a Rudd/Gillard deposing of a President).

I will admit my DH is hooked too (totally ignorant of original UK books/series).

#2 cinnabubble

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

I can't bear the thought of FU being played by anyone else. I have the originals on DVD. I must watch them again.

#3 IsolaBella

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

I was resistant as original FU was wonderful, but Kevin Spacy does a great FU and keeps the essence of FU while playing in the American arena. Similar but different and equally as good.

I only have he series on Video.... But no video player. Hmmm must sort that out.

#4 cward

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

Are you downloading it or is it on somewhere

#5 domestically~challenged

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

I didn't know they were making a US version. Will get on to it original.gif Thanks.

#6 IsolaBella

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

Ooh. Dad has just mentioned Showtime is running the original BBC version.... So yeah I can catch up on my back history too (rather than hunting down a VCR to play my videos on ).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.