Good quality moisturiser
Update and thanks, 1st post:)

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 beakie

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

Hi. Posting here for traffic. Can anyone recommend me a good quality moisturiser for sensitive, dry skin? I've always used Olay products, but suddenly find they actually dry my skin, rather than moisturise. I've also recently had a bad reaction to something that I suspect was either eye makeup remover, or moisturiser. Perhaps is my advancing years (36 sad.gif ) changing hormones, or whatever, but my normally good, easy skin has become VERY temperamental. I need help!
I'm willing to spend a bit extra, for something good, so hit me with it.....what do you use to keep your skin beautiful, soft and smooth?

Just a quick update. Thanks to everyone who came in with advice. Most appreciated! I've started using a Cetaphil cleanser at night, followed by the Aveeno moisturising lotion, and for the day, I've been using an Ego 30+ anti ageing type sunscreen/moisturiser, under my make up.
OMG!! My skin feels amazing! It's so soft and clear, it's the best it's been in years! And after like a week or so! Awesome original.gif Thanks to everyone, and I can highly recommend those 3 products. Cheers biggrin.gif

Edited by beakie, 17 February 2013 - 11:16 AM.

#2 twinboys

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

I would be going into a pharmacy and ask if they have a couple of samples of moisturisers that you can try before you buy something that is going cause a reaction.

#3 elja

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

I too have very sensitive skin. I love QV products!

http://qvskincare.com.au/qv-face/product/59

#4 happyvegemite

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

How dry is dry? My skin is very dry so at night time I use The Body Shop body butter :0 crazy thick but I love it. I also use Sukin products but find the night cream not moisturising enough so use this during the day / cleaners etc.

#5 FiveAus

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

I have very sensitive skin, very dry, and rosacea. The only moisturiser I've found that really makes a difference is Ella Bache Creme Tomate.

#6 ~swan~

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (twinboys @ 09/02/2013, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would be going into a pharmacy and ask if they have a couple of samples of moisturisers that you can try before you buy something that is going cause a reaction.

This is a good idea.

I use palmers moisturiser (and face cleanser) and I find it does the trick on my skin, which seems to be mostly dry (and is quite sensitive).

I also use organic rose hip oil on my face every second or third night, then moisturise on top. My skin soaks it up and looks extra bright the next day. It may not be for you though.

As someone else mentioned I've also heard QV products are good for very sensitive skin.

#7 Tall Poppy

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

I use Moogoo. My skin is crazy sensitive & I get patches of excema, it works really well for me.

As yet I've not tried there anti-aging cream but, I've heard good things about it. For my face I use either the skim milk lotion or the udder cream depending how dry I am.

http://www.moogoo.com.au/

#8 SlinkyMalinki

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

I like ASAP, it's SPF30+ too.

#9 countrymel

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

I use simple.

And I am one of those people that someone only has to say the word 'allergen'  near me and I start coming out in a rash!

#10 Apageintime

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

I use moogoo. The msm soothing cream is great. Its the onky brand I've found that doesnt cause a reaction in me.

If my skin is really dry I also use some rosehip oil over night.

#11 zande

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

I love Paula's Choice products. Since switching to her stuff from Dermalogica around eight or so months ago my skin has NEVER been better. I still can't believe how good my skin is now!!! It's not too exxy and often has sales, plus you can buy testers for a  $1 or so a sample so you can test a range of things.

#12 Jamelex

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

For hands I love the hemp cream from the body shop. It's awesome!

#13 blenheim

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

Moogoo anti-ageing cream is the bomb!

#14 futureself

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

Day - Ultraceuticals Daily face (bit pricey but fabulous). Has a sunscreen in  it though so not guaranteed if you have uber sensitive skin
Night - Cetaphil. Cheap at $8 a tube from the pharmacy, thick so gives a moisture hit overnight and perfect for sensitive DRy skin

#15 pinkcupcakes

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

Aveeno skin relief moisturising cream-with cooling action.it has natural colliodal oatmeal, cocoa n shea butter, and menthol; i use it on my ds's ( very sensitive english )skin, and it keeps his skin beautiful. im guessing if you can use it on a 6 month old you could use it too?
i'm not sure if you can get it at other places but  i buy it from coles for about $14.its with all the moisturisers but comes in a tub. HTH biggrin.gif

#16 minimae

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

It's not cheap but I use Aesops Camellia Nut Facial Hydrating cream. Smells divine and has done wonders for my super dry and sensitive skin. If you have a shop near you they are brilliant for giving out samples, I got a couple of weeks worth of different creams to try when I popped into my local store.

Think it was about 45 dollars for a pot which lasts me a couple of months.

I second The Body shop hemp cream for hands and for anyone with eczema, I used to work there many moons ago as a student and we had people who would come in crying with joy because of how it had improved their skin. It had a serious cult following.

#17 Maple Leaf

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

I avoid parabens so stay away from a lot of brands. Right now I'm liking Sukin. I use the sensitive cream for day and also their night cream is lovely.
http://www.sukinorganics.com

#18 Mummytoyou

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (pinkcupcakes @ 09/02/2013, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aveeno skin relief moisturising cream-with cooling action.it has natural colliodal oatmeal, cocoa n shea butter, and menthol; i use it on my ds's ( very sensitive english )skin, and it keeps his skin beautiful. im guessing if you can use it on a 6 month old you could use it too?
i'm not sure if you can get it at other places but  i buy it from coles for about $14.its with all the moisturisers but comes in a tub. HTH biggrin.gif

Me too.    I have super sensitive skin.  Previously the only thing I could use was Jurlique but I hated the cost.  Then found this and I am in love.  Aveeno baby is nice too.

For a scrub the only one I can use is St Ives apricot one.  It's the only one that doesn't leave my skin feeling stripped, dry and really red and then break out.

I get both from Coles(as pp said it's the one in the round tub) and both are cheap!

#19 blackcat20

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

The only one I've ever been able to use is the Nivea Sensitive. They changed the range recently but they have a few 'pure and natural' moisturisers and I've had no problems so far. Not too expensive either.

#20 Anyway...

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

I have really dry skin and a friend recommended lush. I use there facial scrub and moisturiser have only been using it a few weeks but have been very happy so far. www.lush.com.au I actually bought from the uk and they gave me a free mask cream which I havent used yet though.

#21 Oakley66

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

Grapeseed oil and the oil cleansing method. My previously dry, sensitive skin has never looked so good.

#22 José

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

I recommend ella bache creme intex. Babor also have good ones but are very expensive.

#23 beakie

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

Thanks for the responses ladies. Might try the Aveeno one, but I'll go to a pharmacy first and hopefully try a sample.
Appreciate the suggestions.... Cheers original.gif

#24 duckasorus

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

For face i use clinque moisture surge for body i use aveeno and botanics of australia

#25 jessie123

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

I was just coming in to write sorbolene too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.