Women! We're doing it RONG.

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 BadCat

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:33 PM

Don't worry this pastor will set you straight.  I don't reccommend listening to the whole hour of stupid.  The salient points have been summarised below the video.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyathei...-argue-with-me/

#2 Frightbat

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

F**k me dead

#3 JuliaGulia

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

Wow.  Just wow.

I particularly love the bit about wanting to give his wife a lot of freedom - "cook whatever you want".

#4 Frightbat

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (JuliaGulia @ 09/02/2013, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow.  Just wow.

I particularly love the bit about wanting to give his wife a lot of freedom - "cook whatever you want".

Yes.... Your husband's testicles, for example.

#5 opethmum

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

As a Christian I am ashamed and it has me stabby!

#6 eachschoolholidays

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

His obsession with women cooking is beyond creepy!

#7 BadCat

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

"A woman should always have a plan.  A plan for breakfast, a plan for lunch, and a plan for dinner."

I win at that one.

Breakfast - what, are your hands made of play dough?  Make your own.
Lunch - You know how to make a sandwich, do it yourself.
Dinner - Let's go out.

tthumbs.gif

PS, Loving the new sig Helena.  Wonder how long it will last.  laughing2.gif

Edited by O TheHugeManatee, 09 February 2013 - 12:51 PM.

#8 BetteBoop

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

I can't even find it funny. It's just depressing because whether we agree or not, there are plenty of people who think if it's in the bible, it's right.

#9 JuliaGulia

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (nlman @ 09/02/2013, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
His obsession with women cooking is beyond creepy!

It is, isn't it!  If I was with someone who talked that much about food I would think they had an eating disorder.

#10 JuliaGulia

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (Beetlebop @ 09/02/2013, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't even find it funny. It's just depressing because whether we agree or not, there are plenty of people who think if it's in the bible, it's right.

Yeah, but it's actually a complete misrepresentation and classic use of the bible to back up his misogyny.  These are the exact people who should NOT be homeschooling, because the only chance their kids have is to go to a mainstream school.

#11 GenWhy

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

Sorry for any typos in my post. DH has been checking in on the video phone in the kitchen just checking why I wasn't fixing him a good home cooked meal for the last 3 hours. Was just debating if the children should be going to a different public school as they don't appear to be turning out satanic enough?

Advice please fellow wimmens?

#12 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

Why do people still have these attitudes that a woman's place is in the home and her job is to raise children and cook.

#13 BetteBoop

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

Hey, I'm a bigot and ****ing crazy.

But here's my party, vote for it maybe.

Damn that's a catchy election song. Right up there with It's Time.

And at least it's honest.

#14 opethmum

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

I think it is another it's in the bible and I will use it for my context as I see fit which is very damaging to preach and spread venomous hatred toward women when in fact it calls for us to love each other and raise each other up.
still has me stabby!

#15 FEdeRAL

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

The poor wife.

See that's why I don't go to the church anymore. Too often the bible gets misinterpreted to suit whatever agenda the churches have. And sadly there are many out there who think sermons are true words of god.

#16 Illiterati

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (Helena Fembo @ 09/02/2013, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes.... Your husband's testicles, for example.

Mmm testicle schnitzel.  Although I think they would require a good working over with a metal meat tenderiser first so they are not too chewy.

#17 FeralFerretOfDoom

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE (stopwhiningatme @ 09/02/2013, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well.

"Meat balls" has a whole other connotation for me now.

LOL

#18 FeralFerretOfDoom

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

This one was the clincher for me:

Women, don’t get mad if the washing machine doesn’t work! You used to be the washing machine! If it breaks, just deal with it.

#19 Froger

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

I especially enjoyed the bit at the beginning where he was describing his perfect woman, and his hands were kind of all by themselves making the shape for "big boobies". Freudian hands maybe? (or maybe just my horrible dirty mind, lol.  blush.gif - but hey did anyone else notice it?)

#20 Illiterati

Battered Sav would be on the menu too. I guessing as a small entree.

#21 MahnaMahna

Better not let my husband read that. He might make me start cooking dinner on the weekends, because although he enjoys cooking, it is so my job.

I fail as a wife apparently.

#22 opethmum

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

Hey Helena Fembo and MahnaMahna how do I get your sig, it is genius!!

Gosh, that washing machine had me ready to scream! Poor woman!

#23 CallMeFeral

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

Love your very fembo sigs girls!

I wasn't even allowed to change my username to fembo as I've exceeded my changes for the month apparently!

#24 DontPokeTheFeral

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

In the comments on that page there is a link to their family blog. It appears that he and his wife are Sandy Hook conspiracy theorists. rant.gif

#25 PreachersWife

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

I LOLed at the first comment underneath

Katie • 9 hours ago −
That poor man sounds hungry. That is just low blood sugar talking.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• ek-smiggle-driver-thumb

Smiggle is painting the town red!

We have 3 Red Smiggle prize packs to give away! Enter by posting a photo of something red to your Instagram.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.