Due in July 2013 Chat Thread #8

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
105 replies to this topic

#101 jjc1

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:50 PM

Hey Ladies haven't posted much since i have been pregnant.  Pretty much over it now have an appointment on tues with ob for another growth/ position scan  bub is breech and i am measuring way bigger. Had to have a scan at 32+5 and bub was 6lb so can imagine how big it will be this week ohmy.gif . The next person who tell me not long now or its flying by will cop a headbutt or punch so uncomfortable and just want it out. The lady garden department decided to go and see the beautician to get fixed up. Please let the next few weeks go quickly

#102 AJV29

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:46 AM

Morning All,

Glad to see some chatter is back, it was rather silent for a while.

It seems everyone is on the countdown now original.gif

It is my last week at work which is super exciting biggrin.gif I am so looking forward to having some me time before bub comes however wonder if I will get bored as people keep on saying...

#103 Fifi1987

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:58 AM

jjc1 6lbs at 32. Omg. Are you planning on a natural birth? At least bub will be big and strong. I'm 36+2 and thought my contractions started last night, it was so painful I nearly ran off the road. My stomach stayed painfully tight for an hour then it all vanished. I'm ready to reach up there and coax it out.

AJV29 congrats on your last week. I'm sure you won't get bored and enjoy your me time.

#104 jjc1

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:13 AM

Fifi No at this stage a cs as it breech have another growth scan today to see size. Thats no good about the pain the bub wasn't stuck in an awkward position?
Avj 29 I bet your happy to be finished work is the babies room ready to go ?

#105 RellBell

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:30 AM

Bubba_Mumma, my task for today is to attempt to shave my legs. Yesterday I cut my leg on the edge of a paint tin when walking past (we're doing renovations on the house) and had a massive cut. Of course I didn't hesitate putting a massive band aid over it... until I went for a shower and had to deal with the god awful pain of ripping a huge band aid off hairy bush woman legs.

jjc1 Good luck! I had an elective 3D scan at 27 weeks and they estimated the baby at about 3 pounds then, which seemed pretty huge. I hope her growth has slowed a little since then. I'm so jealous when I hear about women getting told the size of their babies and having scans... I basically got given a dating one at 7 weeks, and a morphology at 18 weeks under my antenatal care.

I paid for an extra elective one at 27 weeks, but it wasn't one I was referred for by my doctor and I had to go to the next town over for it. All I've had my entire pregnancy is one initial consultation at the hospital, one checkup at 36 weeks where they listened to the baby's heartbeat and felt the position of the baby... and I've got one appointment at 40 weeks.

I hear that over a certain size, they don't let you birth the baby naturally. I'm not sure how they would know what size my baby is if they don't check though  huh.gif

Also, my doula said a good way to get the baby into a good position is using a heat and ice pack. So you would put an ice pack on the top of your tummy I assume, and a heat pack down the bottom. Babies are supposed to turn away from the cold and move towards the heat. There would be something online about it surely?

AJV29 Congrats on the finishing up work. TBH it is a little boring, but it's mainly the sitting around being uncomfortable that sucks the most! I decide that I want to do something fun with my day, get an hour in and end up back in bed with chocolate and a heat pack  rolleyes.gif

#106 ~A2~

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:06 PM

Thread closed

New thread here

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.