Due in July 2013 Chat Thread #8

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
105 replies to this topic

#26 VJs Mummy

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

Welcome to all the newbies and congrats to all

We are doing pretty well, my scan went pretty well we just have to keep a eye on a few  things so that means i get another scan in 6-8 weeks and will probably have more regular appts with the antenatal clinic that i will find out more about next wednesday when see the midwife and talk about the report and the ultrasound with them
well after 3 boys it is definately a girl i am having so now name discussions is killing us lol who would of thought girls names were so bloody hard, the kids are excited about having a sister ( hopefully this means they will help a bit more haha i know im dreaming )
goodluck to all with scan in the next week look forward to hearing about them from you all

#27 riverkirst

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

welcome newbies and congrats.
foxgirls- my six year old is happy to have a sister my 4 year old would like 1 of each and my 21 month old told the ultrasound tech to turn the baby off lol:)
vjsmummy- i totally agree who would have thought picking a little girls name after 3 boys would be so hard, i think oh i really like a name then decide i hate it just waiting for something that stands out to me and i want it to be girly not unisex, my boys names are chase seth and archer so i like names that aren't overly common or traditional.
i am so excited to be having a girl this time buying lots of little pink outfits (so strange to see little pink clothes in the house).

Not much is going on at the moment had a drs appointment today all good excited to know i will have my baby girls  cesaer date after my next appointment:) got my forms to book in , rang to bookin next available appointment 7 weeks away. i'm looking forward to finding out what everyones having original.gif maybe we need a list to keep track.

Edited by riverkirst, 28 February 2013 - 04:07 PM.

#28 VJs Mummy

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

Riverkirst - Im having so much trouble buying for a girl as im not a big fan of pink lol but everywhere i go seems to be the only colour around, have seen a couple of purple which i hopefully will end up getting lol,
Your 3 boys are all similar ages to my 3 i just noticed im weird i know lol. I think we have got a first name no middle name though I actually like unusual names too but DP thinks mine are to out there grrr my boys are Van-jordan, Xavier, and Austin.
the name i really wanted dp doesnt like damn males we are the ones pushing them out we should get naming right lol

#29 RellBell

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:21 AM

DebBlah, one of the girls at work gave me a pretty cool idea (but I couldn't use it because i'd already found out the sex). You have the sonographer write the sex in an envelope and you give it to a bakery and have them make a cake. White icing on the outside, and then when you cut the cake, it will be blue or pink inside.

I was rather tempted to tell my family and friends this way for my baby shower, but it's a secret, so they can all wait until the little one is born original.gif

#30 RellBell

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:24 AM

Oh,

by the way, i'm due 30th June/1st of July (they couldn't decide) with my first baby. So I thought i'd pop in and see how the July girls are going, because I think this little one will probably be a july baby. Pregnancy has been pretty rough so far, so I can't see myself being lucky enough to have the little one a week or two early.

#31 blueynat

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:28 AM

Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone is well. I had my u/s on Thursday and saw a healthy very active baby BOY original.gif
My due date was changed again to the 26th July so really dont know which date to go by now :/ as there has been 3-4 days between all of them and with the hospital I'm going to i have to be 37wks or later otherwise I have to go to a bigger hospital an hr away.

DP has finally started to show a bit of excitement when he saw he was having a little boy but I honestly think it wont fully kick in til this baby is born(DP doesnt show emotion at all).

I better go as kids are wanting breakfast and arguing(gonna be a good day LOL) Will pop back in soon to see everyones updates

Take care
Nat

#32 Rolex

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

Hey Nat, congrats on your boy original.gif

I have many different dates too LOL.

Lmp - 1st July, 7wk scan - 5th July, NT scan - 28th June, Morph scan- 4th July.

OB chose to go with the 7wk scan of the 5th, as she said first trimester scans are most accurate.  Makes sense really, as after that, babies grow at all different rates, but earlier on they're pretty much the same.  Being 4 days later than my Lmp date also works I think too, as my cycles are generally around 31-32 days.

Again, if anyone wants to join our FB group (which is VERY active!), let me know biggrin.gif

#33 Corella

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

Yep the latest date is the best - keeps inductions for post dates down wink.gif.

I have a persistently breech baby onboard and stupidly low blood pressure and am working 3-4 days a week in hot humid weather. Think I'll go have a cool shower and a cry.

#34 VJs Mummy

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

Blueynat - congratulations on your little boy

Been a bit MIA lately lots going on and just not sure what i am doing but have been reading and hope everyone is well and trodding along well

take care everyone and will be stalkin/posting when i can

#35 rubberducky

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick update from me.  We had our scan almost 2 weeks ago and everything looks great.  I was worried that they were going to detect something (silly feelings nothing to make me feel like that) but all was good.  We also found out we are having a little girl.  I am still thinking that she will come out a boy (as we have 3 boys already) but I have been assured she is in fact a little girl and the 3 white lines were very prominent.  I am so looking forward to meeting this little one - it hasn't been an easy pregnancy so I am counting down the days until we get to meet her but I know I should just be enjoying the process as this is most definately my last (I don't think my body could withstand another pregnancy).

I hope everyone is well and enjoying feeling their little babies move around!

RD xx

#36 integriti

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:54 AM

Great news rubberducky: A girl! Not going to lie very jealous this will be your last baby. This is our first and it’s been no fun at all! When will the ms end!!!!!

blueynat: congrats on a boy!!!

Got our morph scan this arvo: I'm so excited, dh's gotten time off work to come in with me! If it’s all good news I think I'll tell work next week! I think there will be a few: "that explains it" I’ve been sooo scatterbrained! Not ideal when they are paying me for intelligence!
Thought I was going to have to reschedule again as I got called up for Jury Duty, but didn't get selected thankfully!
I'd love to find out sex today but dh is dead against it.

Mum's in the know: do 1st babies usually come later than due date?

#37 Bubba_Mumma

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

Hi All,

Great news for the scans, congrats on the news of healthy bubbas.

We are having a little girl this time around original.gif so a little sis for DS's 2nd bday.

Rolex I would love to join the FB group if you can pm me pls? original.gif

Integriti ive no idea about 1st babies coming later than EDD. My DS was 38+1 and a friend just had her 1st bub at 36weeks, but then i know others who were overdue....I think each individual is different?

Also, for those looking for some non-pink options Ive found Big W and Best n Less are great..Target is ALL pink lol

Edited by Bubba_Mumma, 13 March 2013 - 08:34 PM.

#38 IVF Baby

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:08 AM

My first started at 38+6 and arrived smack bang on 39, which means this little one is down for 10 days before my due date just to be sure.  Sure hope he/she hangs on till then, I could do without the labour pains this time around

#39 simba2013

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

Hi Rolex,
I'd like to join the facebook group, how do I join?

QUOTE (Rolex @ 09/03/2013, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Nat, congrats on your boy original.gif

I have many different dates too LOL.

Lmp - 1st July, 7wk scan - 5th July, NT scan - 28th June, Morph scan- 4th July.

OB chose to go with the 7wk scan of the 5th, as she said first trimester scans are most accurate. Makes sense really, as after that, babies grow at all different rates, but earlier on they're pretty much the same. Being 4 days later than my Lmp date also works I think too, as my cycles are generally around 31-32 days.

Again, if anyone wants to join our FB group (which is VERY active!), let me know biggrin.gif

#40 Muddlingalong

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:08 PM

Hello, I'm new to EB but am wondering whether I may please join in?  I'm a mum to a toddler & am very excited to be expecting number 2 in July!

I look forward to getting to know you all soon.

biggrin.gif

#41 riverkirst

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

Welcome mum2aboy original.gif
Rubberducky congrats on your girl original.gif blueynat congrats on your boy !

Not a lot happening here stupid cold  is zapping my energy original.gif
Hope everyone is well

#42 Bubba_Mumma

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

Welcome mum2aboy original.gif

Know how you feel riverkirst think its the colder weather..I just want to sleep all the time!! Lol

does anyone remember what contractions feel like? DS was posterior so I didn't even know I was having them until they told me they were 3 mins apart ohmy.gif just remember horrible back pain. Would rather the period pain type this time around pls original.gif

#43 VJs Mummy

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

Bubba - I vaguely remember the contraction with my last ds3 as he was only posterior for the first couple then turned cant fully remember the feel of it though

mum2a boy - welcome and congrats on your pregnancy

AFM - Travelling along, been diagnosed with GD which is oh so fun, little miss has been having so much fun kicking her brother in the head would like the older 2 to feel it too as feel like they missing out,  be back later my brain is not fuctioning lol

#44 caroldiem

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

Hi girls,

Just wanted to quickly let you know i am selling my daughters baby clothes very very cheap link is in my signature

#45 riverkirst

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

Happy Easter everyone original.gif I hope no one over indulges lol.Not much happening here booked my cesarean date for 12th July which is nice and close to my due date but smack bang in the middle of school holidays  sad.gif Oh well 14.5 weeks to go woohoo

#46 Rolex

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

Hey riverkirst, that's great that you have a date original.gif  Personally, I think during the school hols would be awesome.  I'm due on the 5th, which is the last Friday of our Qld school hols, and I'm hoping this little one arrives on his due date (or that weekend) or a couple of days earlier original.gif  Although DS#2 is hoping that the baby arrives late, and he gets a day off school for it biggrin.gif

Simba, and anyone else wanting to join us on FB, just pm me your FB profile so I can add you.  Alternatively, I noticed on the group now there seems to be an option to add by email address, so could try that too.  Just send me your email addy (that is connected to your FB account I guess!)

I hope everyone is going ok.  26 weeks for me now, I have this next week off work, and then only 9 weeks till mat leave.  Getting quite close original.gif

#47 Kazzy6

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:37 PM

Hi everyone, I've just joined and have been reading some of your posts. First time on a forum so hope I'm doing this right original.gif . My baby girl is due on 26th July and she's my first. Haven't found her a name yet and starting get a little concerned that I won't.....anyone else stuck on baby names??

#48 riverkirst

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

Hey kazzy6 welcome , baby names are hard especially for first babies we didn't chose our first sons name until the week before he was due original.gif this time we are more organized and have chosen our daughters name already lexie still trying to chose between violet and Anne as middle names will probably use both.Hey Rolex school holidays are ok makes it easier on dh but harder to get a Babysitter we live in wa and all our family live in nsw ,we are very lucky to have a great group of friends to look after the boys.

#49 VJs Mummy

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

Riverskirt- So glad u have a date set im hoping to go just a bit earlier, better make sure have my best friend and her partner on call to watch the kids probably and hope i actually make it to the hospital

Kazzy6 - Firstly welcome and congratulations on your littel girl we are struggling with name we have a couple we both like one i love and one dp loves but we cant seem to agree lol

AFM - I am travelling along my levels yesterday werent great but seem to be back on board today thankfully, little miss has been kickin the crap out of me cant believe only have about 15 weeks to go  it all seems to be going so quickly

#50 Muddlingalong

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

Wow, hi everyone & thanks for the welcome.  I was worried that it was really quiet in here.  I'm quite chatty.

Rolex, I have set up a fb account (I've never used it before) & will try to PM you my email addy.  So excited about meeting other mums.  So excited to be over halfway.  Jealous that you only have 9 weeks until mat leave.  I have at least 14 sad.gif

Hi Kazzy, congratulations on your little girl.  Are you looking at traditional or more unusual girls names?  'There are so many beautiful ones around....

Riverkirst, how exciting to know already your daughter's birthday!!  How many weeks will you be on July 12?

VJ's mummy, I'm a bit slow. Are you having twins??  Poo to the diabetes.  So does that mean no more cake or chocolate for 13 weeks?

BubbaMumma, my contractions are not worth thinking about.  Best forgotten.  Not like period cramps....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.