Due in July 2013 Chat Thread #8

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
105 replies to this topic

#51 riverkirst

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

Mum2aboy- I will be 39+1 on the 12th , it has been quiet in here I just figured everyone was on fb :)Who was doing our dig list ? Should we change it to have confirmed genders I am having a hard time remembering what people are having original.gif

#52 BoyJuly2013

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

Hi there, I just joined Essential Baby and noticed you have a Facebook page for those due in July 2013. I am due to have my 3rd boy in July. My youngest is turning 11 this year so it's been a long time between drinks and I am keen to connect with others:)

#53 AJV29

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:03 PM

Hi All,

It is exciting to see that everyone is on the count down!

Kazzy6 - we do not know what sex we are having however are also really struggling with girl names... We have a boys name picked, however nothing for a girl :/ It is our first baby as well and I am due on the 27th.

#54 AJV29

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE (AJV29 @ 03/04/2013, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi All,

It is exciting to see that everyone is on the count down!

Kazzy6 - we do not know what sex we are having however are also really struggling with girl names... We have a boys name picked, however nothing for a girl :/ It is our first baby as well and I am due on the 27th.

Oh yes and we put all of our nursery items on lay-by over the weekend which was very exciting!

#55 mylilmunchkin

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

Hi Ladies

Just popping in to say hi, My name is Laura i am pg with my 3rd child however have suffered quite a few m/c so needless to say this pregnancy has not been easy.

Currently i have 2 little boys Noah and Alex and am due on the 16th july with a little girl.  This pregnancy has been plagued with problems since day one ranging from them believing it was an ectopic to our baby supposedly not having kidneys (thank god they got that wrong). Now im just struggling with severe asthma but thats fine i can deal with that as long as our little girl is healthy!

Hope to catch up with you all soon seems like fb is the way, can someone add me to the group?

Thanks Laura

#56 ~ Summers

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:42 PM

Hi guys, I haven't joined the Facebook group but I still belong here - 26 weeks today. We are having a baby girl and she kicks a lot now! Waiting is the hardest part...She's our first and we are so excited to meet her original.gif

#57 Rolex

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:59 AM

Wow Laura, the kidneys issue must have been so worrying for you sad.gif  I'm glad they got that wrong too!

Just pm me your email address (connected to your FB ac) and I can add you from that.

#58 Muddlingalong

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

Summers : Congratulations!  6 months! Yay for a perfect little girl.  Have you gone nuts buying pink stuff?

Laura (mylilmunchkin) what a horrible time you've been through.  Congratulations on your little pink bundle!  What on earth made the doctors think she had no kidneys.  Is everything ok?  do you have to have any further monitoring/scans?  Do you have low levels of amniotic fluid?  Hope your asthma stays ok during the forthcoming winter months.  Coughing whilst pregnant is no fun (my bladder function not the same as it was pre-baby)

AJV29, is this your first?  How exciting to have those nursery items already!

BoyJuly : congratulations on another boy!

AFM, I'm finally past the 6 month mark (due July 15th - same as the Duchess of Cambridge so hoping she goes late & I have mine first!) don't know the sex but am hoping for another boy.  Baby is kicking like crazy & I'm starting to get uncomfortable at night.

Has anybody tried the maternity pillows?  Can anybody recommend one?

#59 zingy

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:23 AM

smile1.gif

Edited by zingy, 11 April 2013 - 03:41 PM.

#60 rubberducky

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

Hi Ladies,

Glad to see everyone is on the countdown and looking forward to the arrival of their little ones.

Just a quick update here (have been absolutely frantic trying to get things done with the kids on holidays - everything just seems to be piling up and up and up!!).  I need a cleaning fairy to come and sort out my house for me.  I am also in the midst of spring cleaning whilst I still can.  I have been so sick this pregnancy and as a result I am so far behind in my house work (and real work)!

Saw my Dr on Monday and he informed me that I am big for dates - which I already gathered as I am huge!  But it is baby no. 4.  He did a scan and our baby girl is already measuring just over 2 weeks ahead.  Don't think I am going to get my little baby - no need for those 0000's I had hidden away in case I ever had a little bub!  

Anyway best be off - kids are way too quiet.  I hope everyone is enjoying the last few months of their pregnancy and getting as much rest as possible (I wish!).

Take care.  RD

#61 Runner5

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

Ok so I've been stalking this group for so long, I figured it was only fair to finally say Hi original.gif

I am currently 27+6 with number one.  Things are mostly going pretty smoothy and to plan.  A slight hiccup early on with the blood test part of our NT testing coming back with an elevated risk of Downs but an amnio reassured us that everything was fine original.gif  Plus I seem to recall thinking, early on in the piece, that I was surely going to DIE of morning sickness and I made it clear to my husband that this child was going to be an only child if this was what pregnancy was all about, but it stopped around the 15 week mark and I've felt pretty damn good ever since.  Already the memory of how blergh I felt is faded original.gif

i'm feeling *more or less* organised.  i don't have everything I need but I feel like I have a handle on where my gaps are.  But I am prepared to completely retract that statement once the baby gets here and turns my life upside down and shows me how much I don't know or have Tounge1.gif

If someone could possibly PM me the details for the FB group that would be fab biggrin.gif

And in the interests of encouraging some lively discussion, is anyone here planning on or has previously done down the MCN path?  I'm pretty sure I am going to (so sure I've started putting together me stash) but still questioning the wisdom of this decision!!

#62 riverkirst

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

Runner5- I did mcn's with my 2nd child from 1yrs old till toilet trained I attempt to do mcns with my third but found them to bulky on a newborn and then I just got lazy and went back down the disposable rout I found BBh anditty bitty the best on newborn and pea pods worked well for me too but it's just finding something that suits you original.gif

Edited by riverkirst, 13 April 2013 - 09:26 AM.

#63 Bangle

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

Hello Ladies,

I hope you are all well. I am 25 weeks pregnant due July 28th. Its our first baby so very exciting! I was lucky as I had very little morning sickness however I did have to undergo surgery for an ovarian cyst around 14 wks so I reckon someone decided to give me a break on the MS side  biggrin.gif

Really beginning to show now and beginning to feel very very pregnant. Mainly cause I need to pee every 5 minutes  rolleyes.gif . Was feeling a bit emotional during the week as I'm from Ireland and I'm a bit scared being so far from home. Having said that my DH is from Sydney and his family are very supportive (first grandchild)

I don't really have many close friends over here with kids so I hope to use this place as a support group if you don't mind! Currently trying to navigate the maze of buying a pram - SO many choices, so much to consider, so expensive and confusing!

mum2aboy my DH bought me a maternity pillow that I love, especially now that its cooled down a bit (made me too hot in summer) not sure where he got it from but I can ask.

#64 Bubba_Mumma

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

Hi ladies. Welcome and congrats original.gif

Things are moving very slowly in this group..everyone must be busy with school hols and easter etc. Hope all Mums and Bubs are well and kicking haha

Sounds like some have been doing some shopping original.gif

Ive bought hardly anything this time around, but am making a couple of things for the babies room and pram liners/nursing cover etc instead original.gif

Not long for all of us to go now, especially those due in early July. Very exciting!! xx

#65 AJV29

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (Bangle @ 15/04/2013, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello Ladies,

I hope you are all well. I am 25 weeks pregnant due July 28th. Its our first baby so very exciting! I was lucky as I had very little morning sickness however I did have to undergo surgery for an ovarian cyst around 14 wks so I reckon someone decided to give me a break on the MS side biggrin.gif

Really beginning to show now and beginning to feel very very pregnant. Mainly cause I need to pee every 5 minutes rolleyes.gif . Was feeling a bit emotional during the week as I'm from Ireland and I'm a bit scared being so far from home. Having said that my DH is from Sydney and his family are very supportive (first grandchild)

I don't really have many close friends over here with kids so I hope to use this place as a support group if you don't mind! Currently trying to navigate the maze of buying a pram - SO many choices, so much to consider, so expensive and confusing!

mum2aboy my DH bought me a maternity pillow that I love, especially now that its cooled down a bit (made me too hot in summer) not sure where he got it from but I can ask.

Hi There,

I am also due on the 28th of July with my first baby biggrin.gif I live in Syd and my family live interstate (not as far as Ireland, I know). You should have a look at the thread topics as someone else recently posted about meeting up in Syd...

Re: Prams we purchased a Steelcraft Strider Compact. I havent picked it up yet because it's too early. I was also looking at Bugaboo which is much more expensive, however I opted for Steelcraft because it seemed more practical for walks etc and we can add a second baby seat when we are ready.

#66 *Arno*

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

Hi everyone

I have just joined this group. I am 29 weeks pg with my 2nd and due on the 3rd of July. We already have a DS who is 2.5.

I have a low lying placenta with this pg which I am just being monitored for. It is currently 1.5cm from my cervix and I have another U/S at 32 weeks to check it. Hopefully it will start moving up soon! Apparently it should so fingers crossed.

Could someone please tell me how to join the FB group too?

Hope everyone is going well.

#67 Rockchickmom

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

Hi it's been a while since I've poked my head in. I'm now 29 weeks pregnant and still have NOT cracked and opened my envelope lol. We have decided to wait until the birth now to find out the sex. Indigestion had been hell until new medication a week ago, feeling better lately and enjoying pregnancy for now.
I am so excited and just want to meet my blob, it's taking forever again.
Nursery is almost done, we are going to have a nursery day where we put up the cot, change table and book case and organize everything into cupboards and draws. I am making two laybys this week one pink and one blue with the same in each...blankets, clothes(jump suits, body suits singlets), bibs, mittens, hat's, bath towel, washers..etc.  Day after the birth my partner is going to get the right coloured layby out, lol and cancel the other. I can't wait, been looking at clothes for months now and finally get to pick them out. Picked out a pram which I will get after birth. Now trying to find those words to put on the wall(they have family, love, hope, mother etc but I'm after SWEET DREAMS  in white so I can put it above the white cot with a white dream catcher hanging from it. All the little details I keep day dreaming about. So much fun. biggrin.gif Haven't changed my mind about the two names I have picked out, they are locked in. No matter what.
Blobs now rolling around more than poking and it feels weird but great.
biggrin.gif

#68 missmelody

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

Hi.
My name is Melody, I have been looking around at this thread and thought I should say hello! Im 29 weeks pregnant with my first baby, due July 8th! Has all been going very smoothly, apart from me being quite anxious about every little thing wink.gif Feeling good most of the time apart from mild heartburn and since yesterday, a little bit of nausea again! (grrr..) getting very excited about meeting our little bub, we dont know the sex yet although I have a strong feeling that it's a girl! Still VERY undecided about names.. if anyone wants to share any of their ideas(even ones they arent going to use) I'd really appreciate it! Especially boys names original.gif PM me original.gif Looking forward to finding out more about everyone and continuing on the journey
xx

#69 MangoTango

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

Hi all, I've been extremely busy with work recently but am now starting to reduce my hours and focus more on the impending arrival of this baby!

If possible I'd like to join the FB group, can someone please PM me the details?

#70 MGB

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:13 PM

Hi all,    

I haven't posted in here for ages. Hope everyone is well, the time is flying by.

Are most people organised? I am feeling very unorganised this time around. I need to start clearing out the spare room for the baby and see what I need to buy. We have most of the big things organised from our DD so it will be just the little things and some warm clothes.

Take care.

#71 AJV29

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:56 AM

Things seem to be pretty quiet here now... I assume most people are using the FB forum instead.

Just thought I should keep up some chatter.

I am starting to feel uncomfortable now unsure.gif I have another 9 weeks of work left and am not sure how I will cope! Fingers crossed I dont get too big and it will be ok. Even though I have an office job I feel rather sore when I get home from work.

I started prenatal pilates 3 weeks ago and I am loving it biggrin.gif I really do recommend it if anyone is keen. I did not have great flexibility beforehand and yet I can keep up with no problems. It feels so good to stretch out and they say it is good to prepare you for the birth.

#72 Corella

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:15 AM

Midwife appt today and will be excited as I'm hitting the single digit weeks remaining!

#73 riverkirst

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:14 PM

72days to go original.gif woohoo. Onto fortnightly drs visits now which seem to make pregnancy go faster:) does anyone know if there are any baby sales on before july? I'm pretty sure target has one in July ..... Don't know when though

#74 Runner5

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:26 AM

65 days to go here original.gif  I'm also on fortnightly visits - I see the hospital midwives one visit (and thus far they all seem absolutely lovely) and my OB the next visit.  When I next see my Dr in 4 weeks (had a visit day before yesterday) he said I'd have to go to weekly after that.  Things are getting real now!!!  Otherwise all is well here.  Low blood pressure, baby doing fine, VERY active and I feel great.  Still going running a few times a week, only cranking out about 3km at a time though.  I suspect it will start getting a little uncomfortable soon and I'll have to switch to running.

I think I have *most* of my pre baby shopping done and my mum is hosting a baby shower for me in about 2.5 weeks, I'm really looking forward to that, mostly due to the food we have planned biggrin.gif  i did make her promise no silly games though.  I much prefer the idea of an adult catch up with lots of chatting and gossiping, yummy food and bubbles for those how are able to partake.

I'd LOVE to join the facebook group if someone could PM me the details please??

#75 integriti

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

87 days to go!

Hear hear AJV29: I sit at a desk all day my bump is too big to fit undertable without slouching and if i sit up straight I can barely see my computer screen! Be still only another 8 weeks to go!
I am googling prenatal pilates to see if they have it available nearby, your "not very flexible" is quite encouraging!

I get my GTT results back tomorrow... *fingers crossed*

Anyone else in a foul mood... or tendancy to swing to into a foul mood quicker than normal? Not sure if its me or just everything seems to be getting up my goat at the moment: DRINK MORE WATER GIRL!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.