Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 ani1

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:14 AM

Gold

Edited by ani1, 11 February 2013 - 08:15 AM.

#3 namie

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

Silver original.gif

So annoyed that Cameron did so well last night. He is just so obnoxious! I'm glad they didn't single out any of the top 3 dishes, or rather, glad they didn't pick him of the 3!

I'm disappointed Akuc is gone. She seems to cook wonderfully well generally, but struggled with the re-invention tests of foods she doesn't know well. I thought Coop, as nice as he seems, should have gone as he really struggled with a lot of areas.

#4 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

A pavlova pizza sounds revolting.

I feel sad Akuc is gone. I bet that pavolva swiss roll thing was a reinvention for her though.

#5 katpaws

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

Well that pav pizza didn't look very nice. I really liked Akuc but she didn't seem to know many dishes but kudos to her for always trying. It would be nicer if the contestants on the show were more culturally diverse. It must have been hard to decide who to choose to go, ecah one had a good story - Coop with his daughter, Akuc being a migrant and Bonnie having hearing problems.

Did anyone notice (or was I suffering domestic blindness) that they did not show Rhett's dish?

#6 JaneDoe2010

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

I like Akuc but think it was definitely her time to go. She just doesn't have the range of cooking to be in a show like Masterchef.

I also got annoyed with Cameron but am trying to remember how much they edit these shows to come up with a bad guy. wink.gif

#7 katpaws

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

Also, the made a big deal of "no recipes" but i am sure that i saw a notebook or recipe book on one of the benches...

#8 ednaboo

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (katpaws @ 11/02/2013, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did anyone notice (or was I suffering domestic blindness) that they did not show Rhett's dish?

I don't believe they showed Nathan's or Rhys's dishes either?  It annoys me when they do that - I want to see them all!

#9 ednaboo

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

Did anyone else notice that in tonight's episode Marco called Nick "Antony" by mistake? It was at the end when they were announcing who was up for eliminations.

#10 duck-o-lah

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

'There's a big difference between al dente and leather'

roll2.gif

#11 namie

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

roll2.gif  I loved it when he said that!

I'm cheering for Michael tomorrow night. I certainly don't think either he or Cameron are the two heavy weights (did he really say that, or am I putting words in his mouth) of the competition, I rather think Nick and Rhett are more likely to carry off that title, but I do like Michael. Certainly I prefer him to Cameron.

Loved the look of some of the dishes tonight. Enough that I now feel tempted to try crispy prawn heads again.

#12 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

Bwahahaha. Peculiar sausage.

#13 rynandstompy

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:32 AM

QUOTE (ednaboo @ 11/02/2013, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't believe they showed Nathan's or Rhys's dishes either?  It annoys me when they do that - I want to see them all!

This is the thing that is really annoying me about Masterchef. Show the dishes!

I'd gotten bored and stopped watching for 2 seasons and just came back to watch Professionals. I think they're really losing audience share by editing the episodes so much that the variety is just missing.
Now they're so predictable.... only 6 or so will have more than 2 words to speak to the camera and they'll be repeatedly featured during the cooking trial. Great, they're just showing the top 3 and bottom three.

So within 5mins it's fairly obvious who won't be in either placing... and we don't see anything of what they're cooking, inventing or doing. That removes much of the variety and interest for me in seeing the diverse efforts that these professionals produce.
On Sunday night I think we saw a couple of other dishes during the judging, but again, not everyone who was competing.

/rant over but it's really starting to bug me. I'm now mainly watching to see if MPW forgets who he's greeting one day and instead says "Hello Clarice"  biggrin.gif

#14 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

I don't think they showed Bonnie's dish either.

#15 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

Has anyone over east watched it? I'm in WA, who gets eliminated, please be Cameron!

#16 cward

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:41 AM

I'm not watching it, give me the UK version any day, but I saw the ad for the pavlova challenge and I could not believe the guy that said he had never made pizza dough and never made pav (so assuming he has never made meringue either).  They are supposed to be professionals aren't they and I think he also said he has been a chef for 15 years.  I find it hard to believe that a professionally trained chef has never made those two things

#17 Sallystwo

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:50 AM

Pav Pizza  sick.gif

#18 redmum77

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:04 AM

Phew, I was worried last night the wrong one would go... I would not have eaten that steak if you'd paid me... It might have tried to walk off the plate or moo'd.

No more poor enunciation, yay!

#19 toosenuf

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:48 AM

QUOTE (redmum77 @ 13/02/2013, 08:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Phew, I was worried last night the wrong one would go... I would not have eaten that steak if you'd paid me... It might have tried to walk off the plate or moo'd.

No more poor enunciation, yay!

lol, that is what i was thinking too, pleased to see him go.

#20 CCABW

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

I was glad it was Cameron that went last night.  His arrogance was driving me insane!
Kudos to him though for helping Michael with his dessert.  

But Marco really did my brain in last night with his saying things several times.  If I had been one of those chefs I would have lost it at him, I think!

#21 ednaboo

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

I'm glad Michael won, he seems like a nicer guy than Cameron!  I was grossed out when he said he was "sweating like a pig" though. Yuck!

#22 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

I'm glad Cameron left. I like Michael. He seems nice.

#23 hicoco

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

I was also glad Cameron left. His voice was doing my head in. But I think his dessert choice was much smarter than Michael's but then he cooked the main too rare so it was actually pretty close I thought. I had to laugh at Cameron's parting shot that he thinks Michael will win it. Just because he beat you doesn't make him unbeatable Cameron!

#24 namie

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:40 AM

I'm so glad Cameron has gone. He may be a great chef (if Marco thinks so it must be so) but I can't stand the way he speaks!

Both desserts looked delicious, but I thought Michael's entree and main looked far nicer and tastier than Cameron's. Plus, at least Michael had some kind of vegetable on his plate, even if there wasn't enough of it. Cameron's main was simply a hunk of (in most cases) rare meat, with a smear of mash and some runny sauce. I expect a little more with my restaurant-quality meal than just meat and mash - I can do that at home on my own, lol!

Edited by namie, 14 February 2013 - 06:42 AM.

#25 Libertine

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:33 AM

I like Michael and am glad he stayed but I did think Cameron was quite gracious in defeat. He also seemed quite liked by the other competitors which makes me think he perhaps was not as obnoxious as he was edited to appear. I think he'll be a loss to the competition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.