Doctor infects women with Hep C
How could this be done.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 CharliMarley

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

I am confused about this doctor who has infected 55 women with Hep C. I thought that Hep C could only be contracted by blood borne contamination, so perhaps someone knows more and could let me know.

#2 purplekitty

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

The only explanation I can think of is he deliberately contaminated needles with his own blood.

#3 sa5ha

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

Peters used the same pre-filled syringe to inject himself covertly and then his patients, while preparing them for pregnancy termination at the Croydon Day Surgery at least 55 times between December 2008 and October 2009.

http://www.news.com.au/national/former-abo...1-1226575355532

#4 Maple Leaf

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

He injected himself with fentanyl using the same needle on the patients.
So yes, it was blood transfer.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-11-09/doct...titis-c/4362710

#5 CharliMarley

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

Well he is a real nut-case and should be locked up for the rest of his life. rant.gif

#6 Nataliah

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

I wonder if this was just about access to the drugs or was infecting the patients also a part of it that he desired?  Not that it matters of course...

#7 Oriental lily

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

If its the same case that I remember reading about it was an abortion clinic.

Those moral corrupt womanDESERVED to get HEP C ( note sarcasm)

#8 Guest_~Coffee~_*

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

Edited by *SnowFlower*, 20 February 2013 - 04:52 PM.

#9 podg

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

I think he was a hopeless addict, don't think he necessarily had malice in mind towards the victims but at was at that stage of caring about nothing but the next hit.

#10 Coffeegirl

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (~Coffee~ @ 11/02/2013, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can someone please tell me why future and current doctors, nurses, paramedics, fire fighters, police, psychiatrists and psycholgists, are not subject to a complete psychiatric assesment before they are permitted into the training for the job?. It would cut out a lot of the nutters currently employed and prevent future nuts getting in... This is a prime example as is the RN that set the nursing home on fire and all of the thousands of complaints to the HCCC.

Unfortunately that would only pick up those that are actually displaying symptoms of their MI before they are employed.

Wouldn't stop anyone who  developed an MI after they are hired.  

The Dr in this case was obviosusly an addict,  he'd get a hit from the fentanyl then immediately after inject the rest into his patient.  Thus sharing the same needle with his patient.

#11 Guest_~Coffee~_*

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

Edited by *SnowFlower*, 20 February 2013 - 04:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.