One Billion Rising V Day
Is anyone going?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 WibbleWobble

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

I am going to the Melbourne one in Fed Square. Given how many Fembos there are on EB I was just wondering who else is going.

http://onebillionrising.org/

#2 WibbleWobble

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:27 AM

Anyone?

#3 WibbleWobble

Multiple post.

Edited by WibbleWobble, 12 February 2013 - 07:28 AM.

#4 WibbleWobble

#5 WibbleWobble

#6 BadCat

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

Wow, I hadn't even heard of this before now.  Sounds great.

I can't go to my local one, I have something else on unfortunately.  I hope they are a roaring success though.

#7 WibbleWobble

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

I hope so to. Global recognition of the abuse some women face is certainly warranted.

#8 BadCat

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

I love the idea of dancing.  I always used to feel so powerful when I danced.

I know violence against women is common and I probably had even heard the 1 in 3 figure, but to have it expressed as one billion women violated is stunning..  It's absolutely heartbreaking.

#9 CallMeProtart

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

I really want to go to one. Bit unsure as my aunt and cousin are over here this week from overseas so I'm kind of on entertainment duty, plus I have nobody really to go with and I'm a bit of a wuss that way. I did write to a dance school I've occasionally had stuff to do with, as to whether they might organise something on this side of the bridge, and they obviously can't be bothered. I toy with organising my own except I've no idea how. I'm no organiser.

But I'd still like to do something for it. Might google and see if any venues have come up nearby.

#10 Zeppelina

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

I'm going to the Melbourne one too! And have got a few girls from work coming too. Maybe even my mum!

#11 WibbleWobble

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

Zeppalina that is great. I have rounded up a few friends as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.