December Babies

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Lalalacey

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

I've noticed there were quite a few babies born in  December 2012, but I can't find a group? So I'm going to put it out there... I am a ftm with an 8 week old baby girl, EBF she is my world.... I was hoping to find some mummies to share this scary and exciting time with and share our troubles and triumphs with original.gif

#2 Oma Desala

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

waves.gif Hi, I'm a SAHM to two DS's (6yrs & 6 weeks). Life's been a bit of a blur since DS2 came along but it's been good. Look forward sharing this time with other December mums.

#3 I'mBeachedAs

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:04 AM

Hi all
I've got an 8 week old son who has given me such joy! I was reading along with the DIG but never joined. Looking forward to meeting some of you December mums!

#4 Lalalacey

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:25 AM

Hello Oma Desala and I'm beached as.... I hope your bubbas are letting you both get plenty of sleep! My DD sleeps reasonably well at night but during the day is a whole other story!

#5 frogcal

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:47 AM

Hi ladies, my dd was born late Nov but since I was in the Dec dig is it ok if I hang out here?
We had her baptism on the weekend and she wore the family gown made by her great-great-Grandma. We worked out she was the 22nd baby to be baptised in it.
Sleep wise going great most nights, sleeping up to 8 hours now which is so awesome, but only has one big nap in the day and a few cat naps. All going well though.

#6 Lalalacey

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:18 AM

Hey Frogcal your more than welcome to join us!

What a wonderful tradition your family has in that gown!

My DD was doing the same as your DD with one long nap and a few catnaps, I finally managed to get 3 longer naps with one catnap and it was great for a week, now there really aren't any naps longer than 20 minutes or so, she just keeps me on my toes original.gif

#7 Pssst...

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

Hi ladies, I'm from the Dec DIG too. DD2 is nearly ten weeks. She has also been doing lots of catnapping. Some days DD1 gets sick of me holding the baby when I'm trying to resettle and that's when she mucks up so can be a bit challenging!

#8 Lalalacey

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

I can't imagine how I would cope if I had another child to deal with, with the way my DD is! It mustn't be easy.

#9 L&Bs_mumma

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

Hi ladies my DD2 was born 19th Dec been searching for a group to join with bubs the same age! I see over in the due in dec group they have a fb goup. I've posted over there and hope someone sees it and adds us to the fb page.

So DD1 is 2.5 and DD2 is 8 weeks today. She sleeps through from 7-7 at night but daytime is a nightmare and hit and miss but she has some issues going on we are trying to sort out. Just got put on a specialized formula today for milk protein allergy so hopefully that will make her much happier during the day. We were so looking forward to number 2 because unlike DD1 we had been there done that and thought we would know what we are in for....LOL oh how they are different babies!!!! My partner if a DIDO so I'm alone with the girls 5 days at a time while he's away at work. It's VERY hard and DD2 has put me off anymore kids lol

#10 Lalalacey

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

Hi L&Bs_mumma!

Hopefully your new formula will see DD2 having some lovely long day time sleeps original.gif Way to go with 7-7 night time sleeps, my 8 week old DD goes down at about 9 wakes for a feed at about 3 and then again between 5 and 6. Day time sleeps are hit miss....

#11 MrsLightyear

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

Hi all waves.gif

I was never a big poster in the dig as I was working right up untill Jasper was born, but I should have time be be a bit more social now.
Jazzy is 9 weeks old and we seem to be doing alright, she's a great night sleeper, exactly the same routine as you LalaLacey- last feed at 8.30 asleeep 9 ish, wake 3ish then betewwn 5.30 and 6.30 (seems to depend on when DH gets up for work).
After that though we seem to gave no pattern at all to day sleeps and feeds shrug.gif I worked out last week that I was mis reading her tired signs as hungry and just feeding her all the time, lol.

I'm also in awe of mums who are doing it with other children at home, our lives seem so centred around Jaz that I can't imagine also caring for some one else. ...I am still keen for the next one though Tounge1.gif .

Welcome L&Bs_mumma, I responded to your post in the DIG, but I see you found us already tthumbs.gif , I'm not part of the fb group though so I can't help out there.

#12 Kels22

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

Hi!
I was in the DIG as well and my DS decided to arrive 6wks early due to placenta previa.  Is it ok if I hang out here too?

Sleeping is getting better.  We put DS down at 7pm and he takes an hour generally to go to sleep - he grizzles about being put down as he knows it's sleep time!  Then doesn't wake until between 2am and 3:30am for a feed and then wakes again between 5:30 and 7:30am.

Because he was prem he's a little on the small side but still gaining weight.  The paed wants him weighed again next Friday to make sure he's gained enough in three weeks.

Feeding is a BIG issue.  Because DS came early and it was a stressful 4 weeks with him in hospital, my milk never really came in properly.  I BF for 5 weeks then gave up because both DS and I were so stressed by it.  Now DS is starting to be very fussy on the bottle.  It takes him at least 45mins to drink 140mls of formula and it's a struggle to get him to take it.  He pushes the bottle away with his hands and pushes the teat out his mouth.  He's still happy (even lays there smiling and cooing at me while I'm trying to get him to drink!) and his nappies are normal so I don't know what his problem is. Can't wait to start him on solids instead, he's just not interested in milk.

#13 Nofliesonme

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

Hi all I'm from the December DIG. My little man was born on the 23/11/2013 he was in a hurry.... He came early. He is now 11 weeks old and he sleeps 9.30pm til 5.30am MOST nights.  During the day he can't naps but I usually get about 1-2 hours straight in the afternoon original.gif

Look forward to chatting with you all.

#14 B0612

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

Hi all,

Can I join? My DS is 9 weeks on Monday. Such a gorgeous little man however has had a bad run lately with reflux and colic but is beginning to settle. Sleep is such a irregular thing atm, have resorted to co-sleeping as neither of us was getting enough sleep. He just will not sleep in his bassinet no matter how much settling we provide. I hope he does sleep by himself eventually, I would love to have a night where I can have a decent sleep but as long as he is happy is all that matters.

#15 loonsterfairy67

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

Howdy!

My small one was born on the 19th December, I also have a 6 year old daughter with special needs but she is at school during the day so it isn't too hard to juggle.
I am enjoying this much more than I did the first time round - I think the lessons I learned with my first daughter have made me much more relaxed. I also know that each phase is so fleeting. So if my small one is having a crankypants day, I know that This Too Shall Pass!
Sleeping and feeding pretty well, I am very envious of those who's small ones are already doing 7-7 - How did you do that???!!
oxox

#16 Lalalacey

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

Hi lovely ladies the more the merrier!

Mrs lightyear I too was misreading my DD's tired signs and feeding her all the time I figured it out about 2 weeks ago, this week she has really started to stretch her feeds out and things during the day are becoming more predictable! I got my DD a love to swaddle suit and her sleeps are lasting longer I've found!

Although at times I feel like each week I have a different baby!

#17 Nofliesonme

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:43 AM

Does anyone here live in central qld?

#18 kjdean1988

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:51 AM

Hi ladies im also from the DIG. My son was born 25/12 so he is just over 7 weeks old.
We seem to have the same routine as a few other bed at 8 wakes about 2:30 then goes straight back to sleep till 7ish. Day sleeps are impossible to get into a routine. Although id rather be spending the time settling during the day than at night believe me. He's been quite sooky since he had his immunisations so of he's not better in the next few days then it's back to the doctor
I was only saying to DF today how glad im we just have the one baby. I don't know how you ladies manage with 2 or more.

#19 Lalalacey

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:23 AM

QUOTE (kjdean1988 @ 15/02/2013, 03:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We seem to have the same routine as a few other bed at 8 wakes about 2:30 then goes straight back to sleep till 7ish. Day sleeps are impossible to get into a routine. Although id rather be spending the time settling during the day than at night believe me.

I'm with you there DD easily settles during the day for a sleep and drifts off to sleep, but never gets into a deep sleep and wakes every 10 minutes, her love to swaddle is helping but I would love to put her down for a nap and not have to tend to her for at least 1.5 hours.

#20 nicolem84

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:23 AM

Hi All original.gif
My little man is 8 weeks old and I'm so glad I came across this forum...now I know his sleeping patterns are normal for his age! He goes down about 8:30, wakes at 2 and then again at about 5:30am. Day sleeps have no real pattern...seems to be more alert and wanting to play between 9am - 1pm. Does anyone else find their little one has a particular few hours they like to play?
I have some friends who think I'm crazy not having a routine yet...but I don't feel like we need one? I read in the book Baby Love that a routine before 6 months is only for the parents benefit and does nothing for the baby...thoughts? I also don't really know how to start a routine when he's demand feeding! (Bottle fed...I expressed for 3 weeks but then dried up!)
Anyone located around Ipswich QLD?
Nicole

#21 Lalalacey

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:34 AM

Hi Nicole,

I was the same as you, glad to see babies of similar age doing similar things it makes me feel like we're doing okay original.gif

You hear so many different things about routine I've been told not to think about  one until 3 months as nothing is habit til then although I already know my DD has gotten used to some habits. ... we do have a consistent bedtime routine of feed,bath, book, feed , bed.

#22 Kels22

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

My Paed told me not to even try for a routine yet and DS is nearly 15wks old actual, 9wks corrected.  The only real routine we have is for bedtime - bath at 5.30, feed then bed at 7.  This feed is hard though as sometimes it's a top up feed because he may have only fed at 3.30.  The only other thing I do as routine is to distinguish between night and day feeds, in the day we do the nappy change, feed, play, sleep routine and at night it's just feed and sleep and nappy only if needed.

I must say, DS was sleeping quite well for the last week at night but now has gone crappy again waking at least 2-3 times and during the day he whinges a lot when I try to get him down for naps.  I can usually get one nap that's at least 2 hrs in either the morning or afternoon and the rest are cat naps.

#23 B0612

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

That's good Kels22 that you have started a routine in the evening for bubs, at least that way he has an idea of what is going on in the household and can help with keeping him settled. I think its good though to not implement a strict routine until bubs gets older as you are doing. They're still so young aren't they.

My DS is really in no routine at all. He tends to have his longer sleeps from around 2am until 11am with maybe two wake ups in that time however we are cosleeping atm as he will not have a bar of his bassinet so atleast I am able to rest while he is feeding. He is also an irregular feeder and will go anywhere from 2hrs to 5hrs between feeds. He is also a catnapper and sometimes during the day when he is unsettled I have to lie with him and feed him to sleep and have him sleep on me to ensure he doesn't get overtired.

I know this phase will pass and hopefully in a few months he will be sleeping in his cot and having longer sleeps. I am thinking of implementing a feed, play, sleep routine when he reaches the 4 month mark, maybe even the 3 month mark if I can get away with it.

How's everyone else finding the journey of parenthood?

Edited by Bron1206, 16 February 2013 - 03:12 PM.

#24 L&Bs_mumma

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

I love routine and put my babies sleeping through 7-7 from such a young age to it. Dd1 was in her 8th week when 7-7 and DD2 was in her 6th week. Both on routine from birth. But that's just the way I am I need structure and routine in my life to feel in control and on top of everything.
Thunda I'm in Mackay which depending on who you talk to is in central qld lol we are a bit lost up here not quite north qld not quite central qld! Where abouts are you located?
Got into our paed on Thursday and got DD2 on to a prescription formula for cows milk protein allergy. Started new formula yesterday and so far it's been like having a completely different baby temperament wise original.gif she's even smiling LOTS which was so not the case before. She could smile but getting one out of her was a mission and a half and it rarely happened. Poos are slowly changing from green frothy explosions requiring bathing afterwards to being a tad more solid and less quantity but it can take up to 2 weeks to get all the cows milk protein out of her system apparently. But so far so good fingers crossed it continues. An unhappy baby and a toddler and a partner who works away 5 days at a time is bloody hard work to say the least.
Hope everyone and babies are well original.gif
Michelle

#25 B0612

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

LandBs_mumma: How did you get the little one's into routines??

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.