Flat Pancake Recipe
no fluff!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Done

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

Came into this section thinking for sure there would be pancake recipes. and there is, but for fluffy pancakes.

I want the flat type, that I can put my lemon and sugar on. I don't want the fluffy hot cake/pikelet style ones.

So what is the recipe and method to getting flat pancakes?

Thanks!

#2 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

Use plain flour & a slightly runnier batter so a smidge more milk original.gif

#3 hellsmail

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

due to today being pancake day  flat pancakes are 1 cup of flour a pinch of salt 1 egg and milk to make it running.  I am cooking our fav desert chocolate picklets  which is SR flour coco egg milk and sugar, taste the mixture to make sure you have enough sugar,  My kids who are now teenagers love this plain with jam or even ice cream happy flipping all who are making pancakes tonight

#4 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

I haven't made them for years because DH only likes the fluffy kind so I don't have an exact recipe sorry.

#5 Riotproof

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

You want crepes.

From memory my proportions are cup four, pinch salt, 1 egg and 1 1/4 cups milk. Rest for 20-30 minutes.

#6 rosie28

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

1 cup plain flour, 1-1.5 cups of milk (depending on how thin you want them), 1 egg. Pinch of salt, pinch of sugar. Yum - this will be dinner tonight (didn't get up early enough to have them for breakfast!).

#7 Mrs Jay Kay

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

2 eggs lightly beaten
400ml water
500ml milk
3 cups flour
Sugar to taste

Combine, rest half hour.

#8 tamjk

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

I use 1 cup flour, 1 egg, a tablespoon of melted butter and just over 1 cup of milk. I probably use about 1 1/4 cup milk for crepes, but I don't measure it thanks to having done them often enough that I now measure by sight.

Pancakes are a popular dish in our house, we have the fluffy ones at least once a week for breakfast and  crepes make an appearance at least once a month. Because the kids are guaranteed to eat them I've lately started making a double batch at breakfast and having savoury pancakes for dinner the same night

#9 Done

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

thanks ladies.

i ended up googling and used this one.

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-make-english-pancakes

180 g flour
    2 eggs
    a pinch of salt
    1 tbsp sugar
    200 ml milk
    75 ml water
    30 g melted butter
    some extra butter, for frying
    some caster sugar
    1 lemon, halved

kids loved them, need to double the mixture at least!! I did and my 4 kids ate them all :)

we make crepes too, but they are different to pancakes.

Edited by Done, 12 February 2013 - 05:03 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.