Suddenly wet overnight

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Loore

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

DD 3 1/2 has been TT for about a year and dry at night for about 3 months.  For the last week she has wet the bed every single night.  We have no idea what could be causing this, her night time routine has not changed.  We've started putting her back in nappies for the last couple of nights (after having to wash all of the bed linen including the doona every day for 5 days) and they are also wet.  Does anyone have any idea what causes this?

#2 CupcakeMumma

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

Colder weather here too.  Start with warmer pjs or blankets

#3 CupcakeMumma

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

Colder weather here too.  Start with warmer pjs or blankets

#4 lynneyours

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

DD1 was TT at night-time by 2.5 as well, and in a year probably had less than a handful of wet beds.  

She then, at 3.5 started wetting the bed again, and now, at 4.5 has probably had less than 20 dry nights in the last year.  

I'm so sick of washing that about a week ago, I gave up and put her back in DryNites pullups.  That was after a night where I took her to the toilet 3 times, as well as immediately before bed and she wet the bed THREE times!!

It wouldn't be so frustrating if I knew she'd never been dry overnight, but she did it for over a year!

You're not alone OP.

Edited by lynnemine, 12 February 2013 - 09:26 PM.

#5 Aribika

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

My 7 year old will still occasionally wet the bed if he is really really tired.

Lorraine

#6 Loore

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

Thank you for the replies - I hadn't considered the weather.  We might try some warmer pjs or flannelette sheets tomorrow night and see how she goes.  She only ever has milk with her dinner and mostly doesn't have anything else to drink.

Lynnemine - we are really sick of the washing as well and it's usually 1am when she does it.  We always have to give her a shower which sometimes wakes DS up so it been disruptive to us all.

#7 lynneyours

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (Loore @ 12/02/2013, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lynnemine - we are really sick of the washing as well and it's usually 1am when she does it.  We always have to give her a shower which sometimes wakes DS up so it been disruptive to us all.

unsure.gif  hmm, lazy mumma moment....  I just was stripping her and washing with a facewasher...  cool.gif

#8 EJ75

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (CherryAmes @ 16/02/2013, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just something to watch out for - a little boy I worked with started wetting the bed and having accidents suddenly after being tt for quite a while; it turned out he had developed diabetes and had the excessive thirst and frequent urination related to this. Something to think about.

What CherryAmes said.  One of my closest friend's DS started to do this and it turned out he had developed type 1 diabetes.  He was unable to quench his thirst and was drinking way more water than normal.  

Not wanting to cause alarm but if your DD is wanting to drink more fluid than normal, it might be worth a trip to your GP to rule out anything more serious than just the cooler nights.

Good luck

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.