Brisbane meet-up

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 winkwink

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

Just following on the suggestion from Peanuts thread.  My DS has also started prep so I'm finding myself at a bit of a loss with all this extra time on my hands.  Is anyone interested in meeting up, either for coffee or to go on a photographic meet?

#2 Jupiter123

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

Depending on where and when I could come down from Toowoomba original.gif

#3 Peanut

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

Sounds great, maybe a cafe so we can all have a cuppa and a chat first up?

I have sent you a pm Wendy!  Jupiter, it would be lovely to meet you too!  original.gif

#4 Bryden

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

Me too! I'd love to meet some of you amazingly talented ladies.

Teressa

#5 winkwink

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

Cafe sounds great Teri, it will be lovely to meet you all.  I'm flexible with time so happy to go along with what works best for everyone else.  Are there any particular days that would suit best?  Jupiter would somewhere in/close to the city work for you?

#6 Jupiter123

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

Any where is good for me. The day would be the determining factor for me coming down. Whilst I could possibly do most days, I would need to make sure I could get a sitter for DD.

#7 Peanut

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

If you can't get a sitter then just bring her along Jupiter (unless you want some Mummy time of course)!  original.gif

#8 Jupiter123

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

Mummy time would be good lol. Since moving and having to give up work for a while, Mummy time has been a a little thin on the ground.

If her Nanna or Aunty is working on the day I will bring her along. She is 3 but can be a handful at times lol.

#9 winkwink

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

Girls, do you have a day that suits best?  I am flexible so can easily fit in.  There is a coffee shop attached to the Woolloongabba Antique Centre that looks good otherwise Teri has also suggested Bulimba area.  Any thoughts?

#10 Jupiter123

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:20 AM

Woolloongabba Antique Centre sounds good to me.

No preference on days.

#11 Peanut

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:10 AM

Earlier in the week would be my preference but I'm flexible if that doesn't suit everyone else!

Probably a good idea to pm the agreed-on day and times.

#12 mrslb

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:34 AM

I'd love to be involved too - but the end of the week or Wednesdays after lunch generally work better for me right now - In a few months I'll have more flexibility in availability so it could be easier to meet you original.gif

Would a private facebook group be a good way to co-ordinate this / regular meet ups?

#13 winkwink

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

Good idea Teri but I can't figure out how to PM multiple users - I'm hopeless LOL.

mrslb - after lunch would be tough for me, I would need to do 10:30-11am meet so I have enough time to get back for school pickup.

#14 raven74

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

Jealous!  biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• ek-smiggle-driver-thumb

Smiggle is painting the town red!

We have 3 Red Smiggle prize packs to give away! Enter by posting a photo of something red to your Instagram.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.