Husbands family..

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Cindy1014

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

With all the horror stories about MIL and SIL etc I just wanted to put it out there that finally after 4 years I think I'm falling in love with my MIL !
We have had such a tuff road to get to this stage, believe me! And there have been times that we have not talked and some things have been said from both side's that were hurtful and nasty, but tonight we were out for my SIL 40th birthday and I felt safe, like I was finally apart of the family:)
We are going away this weekend for our first family holiday, I suggested it last December  and both mine and my husbands parents are coming as well as my SIL and her two children. We are heading to lakes entrance for a long weekend and sharing a holiday house... I hope come Monday I still feel the love LOL

Maybe you could add your nice MIL post in here too if you have one....

Candy

#2 LilMissChatterbox

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:36 AM

My MIL is an angel - would never say anything bad about anyone! My husband is a wonderful man but I think it's the MIL lottery that I won, rather than the DH lottery!  tongue.gif biggrin.gif

#3 Therese

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

I hope you have a great weekend original.gif

#4 fionah

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

I love my MIL. I just wish the IL's didn't live 7 hours away.

Fi

#5 andyk

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

Yep I lucked out in the MIL stakes. She occasionally makes me roll my eyes but I love her, she loves me and there is nothing we wouldn't do for each other. (Very lucky with DH's whole family, they are all lovely people.)

I really hope you have a great holiday and still feel the love when you get back.

Edited by andyk, 14 February 2013 - 10:45 AM.

#6 kpingitquiet

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

Uhmmm.. my MIL is a nice lady. I feel much closer to SMIL though. FIL is kind, SFIL is inconsequential but unoffensive. No real animosity toward anyone in the family, except maybe SILs and that's just more general dislike than active conflict. Nanna-In-Law is awesome and just like another grandma to me.

Husband loves his ILs though. They spoil him with gifts and cards, cheer him on in any endeavors, dad is currently filming a youtube series of guitar lessons for him lol. They've even supported him through marital issues between us, considering him a son for life due to being kiddo's father (obviously they support me more but still!)

#7 Peppery

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

I loved my ex-mil. At first she was quite standoffish towards me at the start but I really made an effort towards her and we got along great. She has two daughters and I was made to feel no different.

She was so supportive in the early days after I had DD, I would turn to her rather than my own mum.

Such a shame her son turned out to be such a douche. I miss her a lot and my ex-fil as well.

#8 Academic

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

I didn't get to know my MIL terribly well before she died, and she was ill for most of the time, but she seemed like a lovely lady.

I adore some of DH's aunts and uncles though. They kind of play the IL role (as they play the parent role for him) even though they live quite far away. His father's brother and sister I especially clicked with instantly. I think I would have gotten along with my FIL wonderfully if I'd met him.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.