Survivor Caramoan: Fans vs Favorites

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#1 Mumto1bub

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:17 AM

Hi there survivor fans! Just read in the paper today that Survivor Caramoan airs tonight on Go! 7.30 pm, and airs just a day after it premiered in the US. Glad I read it in the paper as I haven't seen it advertised at all. Looking forward to watching tonight and not worrying about having to download it.

#2 squeekums

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:29 AM

Ooh thankyou!
my impatient self dont wanna wait until tonight though

#3 woodelf

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:00 AM

Funny was just thinking about this and checking the US Pace thread.

Can't wait  biggrin.gif

#4 Scootaloo

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

I have already told my kids that they are going to bed early tonight so that I can watch it.

Jen

#5 My4Sunshines

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:08 AM

Urgh, thank you soooo much for reminding me, I saw it advertised during the finale a couple of weeks ago then forgot about it.

Off to set the reminder tthumbs.gif

#6 anotherlogin

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

will we be able to watch on-line?  i can't tape GO! (have old video recording ...) and 7.30 is too early for kids to be in bed!

#7 Boombox

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

I get so excited when a new Survivor starts! Bloody sucks I'm working tonight though- hopefully it'll be on channel 9 catch up TV, otherwise I'll have to try all my regulars online and see who's been shut down by CBS this time!  tongue.gif

#8 squeekums

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE (Scootaloo @ 14/02/2013, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have already told my kids that they are going to bed early tonight so that I can watch it.

Jen

biggrin.gif
now thats thinking ahead!

#9 Cheryl_v

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

Wow.  The Survivor editors are still as bad as they've ever been.
(Spoiler space)

As soon as Francesca said she'd eat a rock if she was voted out first again you KNEW her Survivor life was over.  All the rest of it was just very bad camouflage.  What was more interesting to me was that the alliances in the Favs tribe are still clearly very fluid, Brenda/Brantz/Eric were not obviously allied very closely but they were the only ones apart from Francesca to vote for Andrea.  They are either left out of the loop, dumb or too loyal.  The Fans tribe are going to implode badly when they first go to TC unless there are some changes, I completely agree that a showmance is a bad idea and hooking up on day 2 is a little tacky IMO.

#10 Jen1

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

We are still downloading it as I just don't trust C9.  biggrin.gif

I thought that the favourites were going to win that IC with Malcolm throwing the bags. The other guy did well to throw them in so quickly!!  I was so disappointed that Francesca went home 1st again, and I wish it was Andre.   sad.gif   Interesting to see that Brenda was in with Fran, Brandon and Eric.  I wish that Phillip would put on some shorts rather than those pink underpants.  rolleyes.gif   Definitely too early for hooking up with a partner, as you will be an instant target.  wink.gif  

#11 Scootaloo

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:55 AM

Oh that hooking up was just revolting, right there with everyone else sleeping (or not sleeping) around you.  And then labelling yourselves the cool kids that everyone else aspires to be with, not a great start.  Cocky attitude like that will get you out quick smart.

I actually think the fav tribe has a few too many deep thinkers.  Too many thinking about deep strategy and not playing for the moment, none of them seem really sure about anything that is going on.  As much as i hate to say it, they kind of need someone to be a bit of a leader, and pull their alliance together and build the trust between them.

Jen

#12 Cheryl_v

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

I have a theory....this season opener was supposed to be a 2 hr episode and it was cut back to 1.5 hrs about 2 weeks ago.  I suspect the editors realised they more they showed of people around camp the easier it was going to be to work out alliances and potential winners so they've cut down what they've shown us.  We barely saw anything of Brenda and Malcolm who we know to be strategists, we only saw Cochran and Phil making alliances or talking about trying to play differently to last time.  Phil clearly thinks he learnt from the Boston Rob masterclass but he didn't get the subtleties of that style of play.  Cochran on the other hand seems to have continued watching and learning.

#13 Scootaloo

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

Hmmmm, good theory. i was surprised that we saw so little of Brenda too, she was a major player so I would have thought she would have had a bit more air time.

Please, please tell me that this is not shaping up to be another mega boring season  cry1.gif

jen

#14 Cheryl_v

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

Oh Jen, you just know Brantz is going to bring the crazy soon - both Andrea and Brenda are good looking so he's going to find some reason to distrust them both Tounge1.gif  It's only after Brantz and Phil are gone that it's likely to become boring, although that said Shamar on the Fans tribe looks like he might start some fights as well.  He's already getting the "lazy black man" edit.

#15 Scootaloo

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

LOL yeah I forgot about his 'temptress' theory, how dare they be good looking while he is around, less he be tempted by them  roll2.gif

And next week it looks like tries to take after 'ole uncle Russ, and starts throwing people's stuff in the fire.

Jen

#16 Z-girls rock

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE (Scootaloo @ 17/02/2013, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh that hooking up was just revolting, right there with everyone else sleeping (or not sleeping) around you.  And then labelling yourselves the cool kids that everyone else aspires to be with, not a great start.  Cocky attitude like that will get you out quick smart.

agree. Terrible start!

I think they were very lucky it was not them going to tribal.

This is not high school people! being clicky is not the best thing. And if you are the small cool group of 4 with 'awesome' good-looking hookups - you will be voted out.

what idiots!

QUOTE (Cheryl_v @ 17/02/2013, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We barely saw anything of Brenda and Malcolm who we know to be strategists, we only saw Cochran and Phil making alliances or talking about trying to play differently to last time.  Phil clearly thinks he learnt from the Boston Rob masterclass but he didn't get the subtleties of that style of play.  Cochran on the other hand seems to have continued watching and learning.

your theory could be true. I was very surprised how little we saw of Malcom and others like Brenda.

I am not sure if Phillip will go far. He is like a bull in a china shop! There must be people plotting under him... I think it just has not been shown yet.

QUOTE (Cheryl_v @ 17/02/2013, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh Jen, you just know Brantz is going to bring the crazy soon - both Andrea and Brenda are good looking so he's going to find some reason to distrust them both Tounge1.gif

I actually thought he HAD started. I though this 'mistrust' of Andrea might be just because she is good looking....
But yes.. counting the seconds until Brandon brings the crazy.

I dont even find it amuzing. I find it sexist and fanatical. But I guess what goes on around 'the crazy' is funny... how other people react to it.

#17 Z-girls rock

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

BTW I think it is weird how the season is called Survivor Caramoan: Fans V Favorites (my bold)

They are still in the Phillipines. Caramoan is just a province of the Island Luzon (where Manila is) but it is a national park.

I dont think they have ever named a series after a province before? bit weird.

It is also weird for me that they keep showing Tarzier:

because they only live on Bohol (where I used to live) - which is in the Philippines but nowhere near Caramoan.

here is a funny youtube clip (True facts about the Tarzier):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jz0JcQYtqo

I love Tarzier... they are so cute!!

#18 Justaduck

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

Hahaha oh dear...I have never heard of Caramoan & assumed this thread would be about bad caravanning experiences :/

#19 Peanut

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

I'm disappointed that Corinne was given an opportunity to come back.  I don't know if anyone else remembers her but in the words of Jeff himself she's the "Queen B**ch of Survivor".  I hated her attitude which really coloured my view of that season.

I can only hope that she's matured a little, but somehow I think not which is why she's been brought back in, for entertainment value.  Seems to be "b**ch" overload on our television lately.  At least I can retreat to The Block for a break!

Poor old Francesca, the edit sort of gave it away didn't it?

#20 matt1972

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

Where did they get these "fans" from?
Half of them seem to have absolutely no idea about how the show/game works.
Shamar didn't seem to me to be someone who was desperate to be on Survivor. His exit from the game was soft and prior to that he offered nothing.
Reynold and Eddie still haven't figured out that 2 is less than the rest of the tribe and that they have to integrate and ingratiate themselves with at least some of the others.
If Laura was such a big fan of the show is it fair to assume that she might have suspected that some of the challenges might involve swimming and that some lessons might be in order?

I like how Phillip has taken charge of the favourites tribe. He has dais "I am the leader" and at least half of the tribe are happy to be lead by him. It's a great strategy to make it to the merge but then he will need another one.

#21 Peanut

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE (matt1972 @ 08/03/2013, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like how Phillip has taken charge of the favourites tribe. He has dais "I am the leader" and at least half of the tribe are happy to be lead by him. It's a great strategy to make it to the merge but then he will need another one.

I think they are accepting Phillips excentricity because it livens up the place and gives them something the laugh about, but it will wear thin particularly when the merge occurrs.  

That Hantz dude is a coconut short of a tree, next weeks episode going to be painful to watch.  huh.gif

#22 Jen1

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

I can't stand Phillip and Hantz.  I don't know why they brought them back and even just the favourites. I think it would be better to watch if there were all new people.

Shamar didn't seem to me to be someone who was desperate to be on Survivor. His exit from the game was soft and prior to that he offered nothing.
Too true, he just wasn't in it and did nothing from what the cameras showed us. In the challenge I don't know why he took up the whole stand so that no-one else could stand on there. The favourites did the better way of all standing up together rather than trying to make a pyramid.

I wonder when the merge will come, surely it isn't too far away as the teams are not level.

Where is Cheryl and Jen??  unsure.gif

#23 Scootaloo

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (Jen1 @ 09/03/2013, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where is Cheryl and Jen??  unsure.gif

Me?  I am here!  waves.gif

Finding that I am really struggling to get into this season, some of the most strategic favorites are just being ignored (Is Brenda even out there?) in favour of stupid Phillip and his antics.

Once again I think that returning players are a thing of the past, or for a once in 10 seasons special kind of thing.  Not a almost every single season thing.

Glad Shamar is gone, I agree with PP that he didn't even seem to want to be there in the first place, and was clearly hoping that his strategy of being the 'return serviceman' would just float him along to the finish line.  

Jen

#24 Jen1

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

Woohoo glad you are here Jen!!  biggrin.gif

I agree with Brenda, the TV/camera people aren't targeting her at all, she has always been a powerful player but haven't shown much of her at all. I really think they want to show us what they want and not what is really going on in camp.

#25 Scootaloo

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:28 AM

Now we just need Cheryl too, surely she can't be moving house again already laughing2.gif

I just remember what a strong player Brenda was, not only her but some of the other out there and they are getting no air time at all.  If they are going to bring back all the 'kooky' players then have a 'kooky' season, and let the strong strategic players have their own season.

Jen

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.