toddler eczema and bubble bath
is there a bubble bath out there for sensitive kids

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Sarella

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

my poor girl misses out on all the good stuff! She has so many allergies to different foods -her meals are so bland. She recently had a bubble bath at a friend house and LOVED it. We have bathed her in only Qv BRAND OILS AND WASHES since birth. Please does anyone know of a sensitive bubble bath wash we could try for her? I don't want her entire childhood to be different. already the poor thing cant eat anything her friends do! sad.gif

#2 feralisles

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

Hi Sarella,

My kids had eczema too, and I found the organic care range (available at Coles and Woolies, inexpensive) was good for us.
The dinosaur and princess shampoos double as bubble bath or shower gel, or they make a shower gel that also bubbles up nicely in the bath.

We did try a range of others, but this one seemed the best.  Some of the others are based on SLS or coco betaine, neither of which are good with eczema.

Any bubble bath can be a bit drying, so perhaps use on an occasional basis (like when she is really dirty!) and use oil the rest of the time.

Hope that helps.

#3 obi1

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

What shampoo do you use? I use oatmeal shampoo and it foams up really well, we use it for bubble baths too!!
It is expensive but every now and then for a bubble bath is worth it original.gif

#4 MARsmum

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

My kids are prone to eczema so we have gotten rid of all soap products and seen a vast improvement!  We use the Moo Goo range of products and they are excellent!  The bath wash provides heaps of bubbles if added while the water is coming through the tap!  I hope your little one enjoys her bubble baths!

#5 klr75

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

Hello - I use Alpha Keri Wash, and it also foams up when adding to bath while the tap is running

#6 Tall Poppy

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

I use a lot of Moogoo products & have used the milk wash & the shampoo for bubble baths, both work well.

#7 Feralmummacat

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

Any bubble bath product even if it is for sensitive skin will dry out eczema kids. You know your child's skin best so it may be an idea to pick and choose when to use a bubble bath and only do it when she is not having a flare up and the skin is well moisturised.

If you are going to try Moo Goo I recommend spot testing. My DS1 reacts very badly to all their products and screams down the house as they burn his skin.

We use bleach baths a couple of nights a week as prescribed by our dermatologist and immunologist. If you add the bleach when you are filling up the bath it foams and bubbles. He loves his "bubble baths". When we worked this out it was his first bubble bath in nearly 5 years due to his eczema.

#8 Lady Lovely Locks

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

I have been buying the baby paw paw body wash and shampoo (in a pink packaging) sold i think exclusively at Woolworths, it is good for DD's eczema and bubbles quite well.

#9 melaine

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

How did she react to that bubble bath she had?

Perhaps she'll be fine with a sensitive skin bubble bath very infrequently.

If it helps - my kids have had very few bubble baths and I don't think they feel like they've missed out!

#10 FeralZombieMum

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

You could give her bicarb in a cup to play with. My kids have had endless hours of fun making goop out of it, they love to paint themselves with the paste, and love to paint the bath sides - which helps clean it. laughing2.gif

#11 icekool

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

I use Sorbelene wash from the supermkt (goodwin brand I think) and it has/makes more bubbles than the Barbie bubble bath.

#12 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

We use Dermaveen here and that bubbles up nicely when used under the running water.

#13 spando

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (ZombieMum @ 16/02/2013, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You could give her bicarb in a cup to play with. My kids have had endless hours of fun making goop out of it, they love to paint themselves with the paste, and love to paint the bath sides - which helps clean it. laughing2.gif

This is brilliant why have I never thought of this!! I scrub the shower when I am in it. The kids would love it!!!

Also op I couldn't have bubble baths as a kid due to skin problems but every now and then mum would put a few drops of food coloring in the bath and once I was in drop in, what I always thought was flour but I think must have been bicarb, and I would get a fizzy bath.

It was so cool my friends always wanted to have baths at our house.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.