Call the Midwife *UK Pace, contains spoilers*

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 My4Sunshines

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

Was there only one series?

I could watch it all day, it was great to watch, such an eye opener.

Edited by Mariamsmum, 13 March 2013 - 06:47 PM.
Edited to warn of spoilers

#2 pinksmurf

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

There is a second series but dont think its been on Australian TV yet.

#3 Feral Alpacas

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

2nd series has started in the UK. I think they've had 4 eps, they're very good, I was very teary during ep 4!

#4 haras1972

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

Is anybody watching this UK pace? Just watched episode 6 last night.. man I love this show! Just bought the kindle books, really looking forward to reading them, once the season ends, and there’s a looooong wait for the Christmas special…

#5 Feraldadathome

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

Second series starting on ABC1 during March

#6 Scootaloo

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE (haras1972 @ 26/02/2013, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is anybody watching this UK pace? Just watched episode 6 last night.. man I love this show! Just bought the kindle books, really looking forward to reading them, once the season ends, and there’s a looooong wait for the Christmas special…

I have seen up to ep 5, will be aiming to watch 6 today.  I found ep 5 so sad, that poor lady :-(

jen

#7 haras1972

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE (Scootaloo @ 26/02/2013, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have seen up to ep 5, will be aiming to watch 6 today.  I found ep 5 so sad, that poor lady :-(

jen

That was an amazing piece of television - really bought home a lot of realities for women pre birth control and safe, legal terminations.. Very graphic, but it needed to be.

Once again, brilliant show - very happy it's being signed up for season 3!

And excellent news dadathome - I can watch it all over again!

#8 barrington

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

I only recently started watching the second series, but its fast becoming my favourite show.  Loved episode 6, the storylines are so well done.

#9 lactasticmama

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

This second series has been brilliant. Episode 6 was sad, in many ways (as was #5, wow!). Looking forward to episode 7. Such a shame it finishes at episode 8 sad.gif

I'm really growing to love Jane Sutton (I think that's her name).

Anyone else watch every episode hoping that Sister Monica Joan doesn't get struck down with illness? I'm gonna be bawling when/if ever she dies sad.gif I adore that old woman.

I have the books on my iPad, I really need to read them.

#10 lactasticmama

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

QUOTE (haras1972 @ 26/02/2013, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
very happy it's being signed up for season 3!

I can watch it all over again!

Oh excellent about season 3!!!

And me too, I've watched season 1 twice, will be watching both seasons again, once this season finishes.

#11 Feral Madam Mim

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

Stupid stupid show, why does it only have 8 episodes, it's not long enough, I could watch it over and over again. Love Chummy and Sister Monica Joan  biggrin.gif and I'm dying to see if anything happens between  Sister Bernadette and the Dr  wink.gif

#12 Jenferal

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

Spoilers darling, spoilers!!

Damnit, if you're going to talk about UK paced stuff put a warning up.

I was reading who Weekly the other week and it said it started on Feb 21...but my DVR didn't pick it up so I was worried...but it was an error as the ABC ad has it starting in March so I won't miss it, yay!
I must try the books one day, are they any good?

#13 pickledbrain

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

Watched the latest one last night and cried and cried sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif  Such a brilliant show - the story lines are so well done and you fall in love with each character so easily.  Not many shows can make you do that.  

I am missing Chummy and very glad she is back next week.

#14 haras1972

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

Just watched episode 7.... I am such a romantic sop! The BBC does this sort of slow burn romance so well...

Last episode next Monday - cannot wait!!

#15 lactasticmama

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

Oh me too! Just finished it about 10mins ago. Another great ep! Made me laugh quite a bit!

#16 Ange

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

Can't wait to watch Ep7! Really loving this series!! original.gif original.gif

#17 barrington

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

Can't wait for next week now - that clip of the phone call at the end had me teary.

#18 Stronger

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

Is this back on ABC already? I seen them advertise it for March last week? When and what day is it one please?

#19 Scootaloo

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (barrington @ 05/03/2013, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't wait for next week now - that clip of the phone call at the end had me teary.

I know, I so want that to be a happy ending.  And with Chummy's storyline too.  (don't want to say too much)

Jen

#20 haras1972

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

I've been scouting around a few UK TV sites, can't resist spoilers... Suffice to say, cannot WAIT for Monday night - DH laughs at me as I tuck myself into bed with the laptop each Monday night - he can't stand it, but I love it!

Season finale... too short a season!

#21 haras1972

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

just watched the season finale.... loved it!!!

But..

8 months to the Christmas special!?! Too long!

#22 Soontobegran

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

Can I ask where you watched this? sad.gif
I am confused because I have been told the new series starts soon on ABC?

#23 haras1972

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

According to this link, http://www.abc.net.au/tv/guide/abc1/201303...3-24T203200.htm, CtM starts on March 24th, with last years Christmas special, followed by the 8 episodes of this current season, which just wrapped up last night in the UK.

I have too many friends in the UK and read too many UK websites, to be able to avoid spoilers, especially with it rating so high in the UK... 9 million viewers...

I've just been watching it on torrents (confession, I work in IT and I still had to get my little brother around to help me understand it!!)... I'll still watch it when it's on the ABC, and tape it etc... awesome season, you'll love it!

Edited by haras1972, 11 March 2013 - 02:02 PM.

#24 Soontobegran

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

Oh thanks original.gif

That would have been way beyond me trying to work out how to watch it that way, I will patiently wait for the 24th.

#25 bakesferalgirls

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:14 AM

I just finished watching season 2, the last episode was absolutely fantastic! It was by far IMO, the best episode yet. I can't wait until the third season comes out next year. It's a pitty it's still so far away...

Edited by bakesgirls, 12 March 2013 - 02:14 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• winter-school-holiday-guide

School holiday guide

Here is what's on around Australia in your state. From ice skating to music theatre classes there is something to suit every child and every budget.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.