Mother daughter time...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nofliesonme

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

So, tomorrow I am planning on driving to the nearest town and taking DD1 and DS2 ( cause he is BF) and doing something special with DD1 away from her other siblings..... Any ideas?

DD1 is almost 7years old.

#2 Chelli

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

Movies and a babycino would be my DD's idea of a great mother/daughter day out. Perhaps a round of mini golf or visit a museum would also be fun.

Enjoy original.gif

#3 JJ

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

Yep, museum sounds good... or if she has a particular interest, you could visit some shops surrounding that interest (like my DD is into art, so art supply shops are her idea of heaven), or just some general shopping/browsing in shops she would like (antique shops can be good fun to look at, but it would depends on how baby friendly they are I guess, if you have a stroller for your DS). Otherwise, lunch at a favourite restaurant always goes down a treat... or just getting some takeaway and having a little picnic lunch in a park.

Have fun! biggrin.gif

#4 Lyra

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

What does she think? Often what we think is going to be special isn't really as important as just spending time 1:1 IYKWIM

#5 Nofliesonme

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

Thanks. Will ask her when she gets home. She loves art and lives learning about the " olden days " lol. So a museum sounds good. Maybe the heritage village in the nearest town or similar. And she would love sizzler.... Country kids are hard to please original.gif lol. I would leave bub but its 2 hours each way to town and makes for a long day without me original.gif

Thanks again.

#6 knittingkitten

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

I recently  asked my DD7 what she wanted to do for a mummy-daughter day.

We swam in her favourite public pool, ate churros then went to a bookshop and got her a Roald Dahl book.

Heaven for both of us.

#7 sparassidae

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

Gor for what she likes, it will be different for all of us. Eg DD1 wants time. That's the most important thing for her. She is as happy going clothes shopping, sotting chatting with a hot chocolate, or lying on my bed while I read to her.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• ek-smiggle-driver-thumb

Smiggle is painting the town red!

We have 3 Red Smiggle prize packs to give away! Enter by posting a photo of something red to your Instagram.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.