Amazing footage of meteorites hitting Russia

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Peanut

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

Reports of up to 500 people being injured by the meteorite shower that struck Russia today. The footage is quite incredible.

Unfortunately my crappy phone is not letting me add a link to the footage. sad.gif

#2 JaneDoe2010

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

Pretty amazing really, at first I thought it was a hoax!

http://www.news.com.au/world/meteor-shower...v-1226578976770

#3 Peanut

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

Thanks for adding a link! original.gif

Already the conspiracy theories are out, it's a UFO/rogue satellite/spy plane from the USA/North Korean nuclear rocket...!

#4 =Magpie=

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

OMG, I would die of fright!!

#5 ALEJA

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

This freaks me out a little only because this is meant to pass over tomorrow morning.

#6 Luxe

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

It's breath taking. So bright and the bang from the sonic boom is immense. I'd be freaking out thinking it was a missile strike.

#7 red_squirrel

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:02 AM

I just watched the footage - that is pretty amazing.

#8 miriams

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:16 AM

I Set up my telescope last night and got up early at 5am to see if I could catch the other predicted one ... Alas it was cloudy  sad.gif  rolleyes.gif

I wonder if the passing of this larger one sent other unknown ones out of their orbit. It was pretty dramatic.

#9 Bart.

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

Wow!  I feel sorry for the Russians injured but that was seriously cool.

#10 Oriental lily

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

For years when I was a child I feared this sort of thing happening while sleeping. I would lie in bed at night trying to listen for certain doom. It alternated between fearing a meteorite or a aeroplane  crashing in to the house.

Seeing that footage and that it has harmed all those poor people brought back old those old fears.

Scary sh*t.

#11 Chelli

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

I watched on the news this morning and the footage was amazing although I'm sure being there in person would have been terrifying.

#12 *Spikey*

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

I so wanted to be in Russia.

I have the science nerd jelluz.

Awesome stuff! And thanks to modern technology, we all got a peak at a meteor up close. biggrin.gif

#13 Frau Farbissina

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

A few more kabooms here. Incedible!

#14 Excentrique

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

I would have absolutely crapped myself if I was there.

I'm in awe of how the drivers continued to calmly drive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.