Clean Eating recipes please!
Favourites that the kids also love?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Snot stew

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:12 AM

Hi all

I am slowly switching us over to eating clean, and am experimenting with different recipes.  I really need some child/husband friendly recipes.

Anything, meals, snacks, whatever, if it's worked for your family I'm very interested!  

Thanks so much.  original.gif

#2 ChunkyChook

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

My fave is clean tacos and they are done in the slow cooker, bonus!

6 thigh fillets
Can of organic tomatoes
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
All in the slow cooker for 7-8 hours.
Pull the chicken apart and serve on cos lettuce leaves with some fresh diced tomato, mashed avocado and a squeeze of lime.

#3 *cough*

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

Bump

#4 Snot stew

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

Chunkychook that sounds divine!  i am going to try that next week.

#5 Duck.

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

banana yoghurt muffins
1 3/4 cup wholemeal flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup oilve oil
1 egg
2 large banana
2 cups natural yoghurt

mix dry
seperate mix wet, add to dry. cook for 20-25 mins at 180

#6 Guest_~Coffee~_*

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

Brown sugar is highly processed which isn't part of a clean eating program - not a true one anyway. It is just white sugar with molasses added original.gif Replace with raw honey or pure coconut sugar (no cane sugar added). Coconut sugar in it's pure form is sold at health food shops.

Pinterest is full of clean eating ideas/recipes if you are interested in it.

Edited by *SnowFlower*, 16 February 2013 - 08:32 PM.

#7 greypink

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (ChunkyChook @ 16/02/2013, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My fave is clean tacos and they are done in the slow cooker, bonus!

6 thigh fillets
Can of organic tomatoes
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
All in the slow cooker for 7-8 hours.
Pull the chicken apart and serve on cos lettuce leaves with some fresh diced tomato, mashed avocado and a squeeze of lime.

This sounds delicious, thanks for sharing!

#8 TreeChange?

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

I have pinned a few here if you like... http://pinterest.com/quirk13/clean-eating-websites/
plus also have some others scattered through my other boards original.gif

#9 TreeChange?

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

Also, all of these recipes are also clean eating. Most use a thermomix, but can all be easily adapted if you don't have one. I can convert them if anyone wants... it is my blog, but I only created it as a place to store my recipes that I make up as I go along, otherwise I'll never remember how to make them twice lol.

http://kld13.wordpress.com

Recipes include Blueberry Chocolate Fudge, Tart, Pizza Dough, Bread, Vegetarian Sausages, plus a few more.

Edited by TreeChange?, 16 February 2013 - 10:16 PM.

#10 Snot stew

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

Thanks everyone original.gif

Chunkychook I'm making your chicken thing tonight.  I don't have a slow cooker so have just boiled it up and put it in the Dream Pot.  Smells divine!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.