Does your kids school have a no kissing rule?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Jessley2

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

So DD5 started FYOS 2 weeks ago, DD7 has gone on to year 2.

We live close so I walk them to school and I walk with DD5 to her classroom. DD7's classroom is on the way where she drops her bag and goes off to meet her friends.

She gives DD5 and I a kiss and hug goodbye but last week only gave her sister a quick hug. My girls are very affectionate so that was unusual and I asked her why no kiss for H.
She then told me kissing is not allowed at school, not even siblings.

Apparently it was mentioned at school assembly last week but wasn't covered in the newsletter, not really sure if it should be, honestly. I see it as a school rule that in no way affects their schooling.

DD5 was a little put out as she has walked with her big sister to school for 2 years and always seen her off with a kiss.
They now kiss at the front gate before going into school grounds. wub.gif

I vaguely recall a news report sometime last year about introducing a no kissing policy which had some folks upset.

I am curious to know if this is now implemented in all schools.

Does your children's school disallow kissing?

If so, what do you think?

#2 Gossipgirl

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

Could it be no students kissing???
I kiss my DD goodbye every day at school and have no heard about a rule saying you can't.

How can they make a rule about kids kissing parents and siblings thats horrible sad.gif

#3 3mummy3

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

That has to be about the stupidest school rule i have ever heard. Who the heck are they to tell kids they cant kiss their siblings goodbye???

#4 FeralEsme

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

I would wager your DD has the wrong end of the stick on this one. They may have a rule about kissing, probably because there has been some kind of issue. I do know of situations where kids chase others around the playground and kiss them and it an cause problems My own son was crash tackled to the ground last year by a girl who then repeatedly kissed him!

These things aren't typically implemented in schools unless there is a reason for it, but I'm sure if you ran it past her teacher it would be fine for her to kiss her sister goodbye.

#5 Therese

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

I would double check with the teacher I think.  Hopefully it means just in the playground as Jemstar said.

#6 Jessley2

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

Gossipgirl - Yes, sorry, should have said that it's only between students.

#7 ~sydblue~

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

DD8's school could I am not sure. If they do have, then it was never enforced. Because when DD13 was there they would kiss their friends hello and goodbye all the time. DD13 still does when we are at the school and she sees a younger student she knows. Just a quick peck on the cheek.

#8 bebe12

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

hi,

Yes my DD school had a no kissing rule.  It did say siblings as well, but was not enforced the same way.  It was because some kids do have the same boundaries as others and easier to say its for all kids rather than have a list of exceptions.  As her school was small most teachers knew the families including cousins. (so knew if it was a true break of rule of just family thing)

school has hands off feet off rule that the kissing rule was included in.

#9 Jessley2

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

DD7 said Mr B (principal) spoke at assembly and told all the students there was to be no kissing between any students any more. She can't remember the reason given.
I'll ask on Monday.

#10 Feral Madam Mim

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

I am sure if you asked it would till be fine for her to give her sister a kiss goodbye in the mornings. I have no idea if my kids school has a no kissing policy, DS1 gives DD and DS2 a kiss and a hug goodbye in the mornings right in front of their teachers and it has never been raised as an issue with me, in fact they have told DS1 what a loving big brother he is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.