easy and super healthy banana ice cream
only need a blender, no other special equipment required

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 antsy

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

You can make amazing and healthy ice cream using just bananas and a blender.

Just slice a couple of bananas into pieces and freeze. Once frozen, blend the pieces for a few minutes, and you end up with banana ice cream. I add a teaspoon or two of honey as well, to make it even more delicious.

It is amazing because it has the creamy texture of ice cream. I have been having this a lot lately because I am doing WW and it is a very light and filling dessert.

More instructions here:

http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-cream...e-cream-w-93414

#2 mum2twogirls

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

Thanks .. Will definitely try this out tomorrow!

Sounds so yummy

#3 FancyAnOmelette?

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

I've been doing this too original.gif lovely with some frozen mango chunks.

Kids also approve of the nutella version. Add a couple of tablespoons for choc banana icecream.

#4 mayahlb

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

My kids like it with shredded coconut blended through as well. You can make a mango version as well the same way and it still tastes creamy biggrin.gif

#5 antsy

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:53 AM

Yum I will have to try with the mango and nutella versions as well.

#6 FiveAus

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

Wow, I made some this afternoon....just over-ripe bananas and a couple of drops of vanilla extract and it's delicious. I'm doing Weight Watchers too, and I've really been missing ice cream but this will make an excellent substitute and NO points.

I have made a second batch with bananas that are ripe but not overly so, the mixture is lighter in colour so I'm interested to see how that one tastes.

Ill get some mangoes this week and try them too.

#7 Great Dame

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

I've been making Mr Fussy 5 yr old banana icy poles for a few years now.  I don't bother pre-freezing the bananas and I add blueberries.  The riper the banana, the creamier they are.  He thinks they are a 'treat'.  Sucker  dev (6).gif

#8 Guest_*SnowFlower*_*

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

Edited by *SnowFlower*, 20 February 2013 - 04:00 PM.

#9 R2D2

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

http://www.yonanas.com/

THis machine does essentially the same thing, but it comes out like fluffy soft serve.

frozen banana makes the creamy base, then add other frozen fruit...yumm

#10 Sal D

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:46 AM

I put some Cacao powder into ours....Mmmm Choc banana

#11 Snot stew

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

Yum I am trying this today!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.