Best Examples of FB Dramas
*spin off*

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 MissingInAction

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

After reading about people who have deleted their "drama llamas" from their Facebook accounts and are missing the entertainment factor there, I thought it would be fun to share some of the best examples of Facebook Drama you have come across so that they can get their fix here original.gif

One of my friends is REALLY annoying on Facebook due to some personal issues she just won't work through.  I've hidden her from my main newsfeed and control when i see her updates as they were starting to really impact on my opinion of her as a whole person!  In saying that though, I find that FB tends to exacerbate the already "odd" personalities out there.  

Here are some examples of her posts (slight changes made to protect identity):

1.  *passive aggressive dig at another friend because the other friend went to dinner with her sister instead of with her*

2.  "Can't wait to get out of this toxic workplace and start drinking"

3.  "Me at Work:  F you! F you! F you! I wish"

4.  "Bring on Drink O Clock"

5.  "Can't wait to get my drink on"

6.  *inside joke with work friends while they are all out together & very drunk*  + multiple checkins

7.  "I am so hungover.  So seedy.  Will be in bed all day"

(Posts 2 - 7 all in the space of 24 hours)

8.  "I am desperately in need of  a rum.  Or a wine. Or both."

9.  "Cheers to the freakin' weekend!  I hope you all get loose tonight!"

10.  *insert 6 separate posts here from one singular night where she got really really drunk with an old friend of hers*

11.  "So sick of working with stupid people"

12.  "Somebody get me out of this place before I kill myself. I hate my job.  Luckily, I'm drinking tonight with *names of friends*  

13.  "...is the problem"

14.  "is always the one to blame"

15  *insert more negative ramblings about hating her job, getting drunk, and so on and so forth.  

All in the space of about one week and heavily interspersed (is that the word i need?) with sad quotes from songs, and such.

Please share your Drama Llamas.  

#2 Vanilla-Cupcakes

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

I have a cousin who would take photos of herself posing all sexy in bra's, post them and when people say 'wow, you're so pretty', she'd say 'no im not. I'm so ugly. I hate my body'. Then goes on to upload another suggestive partially undressed pic

#3 Le-a

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

I love the ol' attention-seeking vague-book post. I have two "friends" who are king at this. Here are some examples...

"so sad right now. Sigh"

"you r gonna git yours M8, u no what u dun!"

"can't wait for tomorrow when I get to decide this really really big secret desicion I'm not gonna tell anyone about yet"

#4 mel43

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

I had to delete an old school friend because she annoyed me too much.
She has 5 or 6 (maybe more now?) kids, to at least 3 different fathers, lost custody of at least 3 of those kids, and it was all plastered all over Facebook.
She once posted a status saying something along the lines of - I don't care what you think, I'm allowed to take *insert name of Prem baby* out to the football if I want.

Next week she was complaining about how she hates being in hospital with her poor sick baby. Breathing difficulties sad.gif . Gee I wonder if the freezing winter night air in her premature lungs had anything to do with it?

#5 againagain

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE (Vanilla-Cupcakes @ 17/02/2013, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a cousin who would take photos of herself posing all sexy in bra's, post them and when people say 'wow, you're so pretty', she'd say 'no im not. I'm so ugly. I hate my body'. Then goes on to upload another suggestive partially undressed pic

Haha I have a couple of friends like this. Hilarious! People stop commenting after a while lol. I love it when they take a very carefully staged pic of themselves to try and look thin, and people say 'wow you look great' and the response is 'oh nooooo i need to lose so much weight' or 'argh must get back to the gym!'

#6 MissingInAction

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

HA!!  That reminded me of another one of my Drama Llamas... well, this girl loves to post that she's at the gym, going to the gym, has been at the gym, is looking forward to going to the gym, as so on.  She also likes to post repeated duck face photos of herself (people have actually slowly slowed down on commenting on these... i msut admit when i noticed that NOBODY had liked or commented on her more recent pics i giggled a little), gym gear photos, bra photos, and so on.  She is married.  HEAR ME: SHE IS MARRIED.  So guys comment on these photos with "wow, you're looking so hot!" and then she'll "share" inspirational pics and ahhh she's annoying... I should really hide her from my newsfeed.
Oh, and the instagram photos of every meal she ever cooks.  BLAH

Edited by MissingInAction, 17 February 2013 - 10:26 AM.

#7 Vanilla-Cupcakes

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

One friend constantly has 'big announcements'.

Like 'oh my gosh, can't believe it...should I come out with my news or not?'

Then everyone goes yes, come on, tell us. 24 hours later (after maximum posts and suspense), she'll say 'I just found the cutest shoes ever'.

No one replies after it.

Then she does it all again...'oh my gosh, worst night ever, so distraught'.

Maximum posts, everyone worried. Then she posts back...'revenge was on, good episode!'

Aggggghhhh!

#8 Luxe

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

I had 'a friend' on my facebook who was actually my sisters friend. When he moved back to Melbourne to work as a flight attendant (should be a hint there) we caught up a bit as friends. He's not the sharpest tool in the shed and despite saying he hates drama he's actually the cause of a lot of it.

Another of my sisters group of friends moved over a year or so ago and out of the blue one weekend my sister says she's flying in for the next weekend and wants to go to Mt Buller. Queue the  new friend (not the flight attendant) offering to drive us up there with his partner. It's only a 4 seater car so inviting the flight attendant who's often interstate working wasn't on the list.

A few days before my sister lands I notice the flight attendant is talking about singapore and I see photos taken on the flight on the newsfeed. It removes any guilt about not having room to invite him.

So that Saturday my sister, the new friend and I are all up at Buller and I'm posting a few happy snaps of the day. Then about 4pm I start getting aggressive comments from the flight attendant about us all being there without him. OH HELLO.. your in another f'ing country!! He even checked in on facebook to some place in singapore the same day.

Anyway. The drama lama flight attendant has unfriended both myself and the new friend.

A bit like the first post.. he would post similar 'woe is me' or vague digs at people on his facebook so I don't miss him at all.

#9 MissingInAction

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

LOL Vanilla Cupcakes, sounds like she's taking the p!ss outta people who take FB too seriously! biggrin.gif
It would get annoying though if she did it more than once.

I have another one (*starting to reconsider my friends list now that i'm really thinking about it*) who was the facebook-annoying-bride in the leadup to her wedding with constant wedding posts (i bet you have all had someone like this on your list), then after the wedding constant photos and resharing of same photos again and again and again.  THEN she got pregnant and so constant pregnancy updates and photos shared and reshared again and again.  THEN she gave birth and the child is only a few weeks old and yet has thousands (yes, literally THOUSANDS) of photos online already.  The kid can't walk but has already got a massive virtual footprint.  Unbelievable.

#10 Stardusties

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

Oooh a spin-off!  biggrin.gif

There's one girl who ALWAYS, without fail, posts about how much she loves *insert name of this weeks boyfriend here* then two days later she's on to the next one. In fact her whole page is a train wreck waiting to happen but I just can't look away!

There's also so many of the attention-seeking "oh I'm so ugly" posts where they upload a photo of themselves looking gorgeous and a million comments trying to convince them otherwise. Drives me nuts.

I'll self-confess to occasionally vague-booking. But not constantly I promise!

#11 CallMeFeral

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE (Back2Insanity @ 17/02/2013, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And was drawing hearts all over a picture of my son 2 weeks into the relationship saying 'my gorgeous son'. Mind you has never met my son.

blink.gif
That's bizarre...

#12 AngryBird

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

My most recent fall-out was with a guy from church, who's in a leadership position there. His status a few days ago was stating he's decided he needs to start fighting for "straight rights" because the gay and lesbian community are depriving him of certain "rights".
Questioning and challenging him led to some highly offensive and revolting posts from him and a few of his friends, including a link to an article that made all sorts of disgusting claims and presented them as fact.
The "friend" got as far as suggesting a Christian's duty is to love others, and the best way we can love gay people is to not let them continue in their sin. And that anyone who disagreed must not be a real Christian....apparently I'm a CHINO (Christian in name only). I tried for a while, but he was just not going to see things differently so I gave up. And decided I didn't want to be part of that church any more.

I've also had a fairly spectacular fall out with some close family members, over "Stop the boats" bullsh*t and utter garbage about refugee rights to seek asylum.

I'm always up for a FB debate, but after a time it becomes clear some people are not going to change their opinion because it's based entirely on myths and lies and they like it that way!

#13 Feral_Pooks

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

*Someone* thinks posting on someone else's wall is a private message. And it isn't. Says something very embarrassing. I send private message to let them know. They respond by writing on my wall- something even more embarrassing! I call them and talk them through deleting the messages. They then write a message on their own wall thinking they are writing "to Facebook" saying "you need to fix this, because everyone could see a private message I sent saying xyz". I call again. Person then stops using Facebook because it is stupid and you get no privacy. Doesn't deactivate account. Embarrassing message remains.

Something is stupid there, but it ain't Facebook.

#14 kentieness

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

One of my DHs friends posted some photos of our wedding and one of her friends was making snarky comments on them. My mum couldn't help herself and replied saying the wedding was beautiful and got a reply 'well that's a matter of opinion, wouldn't you say?' which my sister in law/bridesmaid then liked! That caused a fair bit of drama with DH and his family... stupid FB!

Same person (one who posted the photos) used to constantly update her status to something cryptic so everyone would ask what was going on. She'd either not reply or say 'I don't want to discuss on FB', uhhh why say anything then!? She's blocked now.

I only have family and close friends on FB now so I don't see drama anymore!

#15 MissingInAction

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (Pooks_fembo @ 17/02/2013, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*Someone* thinks posting on someone else's wall is a private message. And it isn't. Says something very embarrassing. I send private message to let them know. They respond by writing on my wall- something even more embarrassing! I call them and talk them through deleting the messages. They then write a message on their own wall thinking they are writing "to Facebook" saying "you need to fix this, because everyone could see a private message I sent saying xyz". I call again. Person then stops using Facebook because it is stupid and you get no privacy. Doesn't deactivate account. Embarrassing message remains.

Something is stupid there, but it ain't Facebook.

BaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ohhh i love this.  This made me laugh so hard.  At the price of awkward, though!

Then there are the ones who know full well how to use a private message but seem to prefer to plaster private or at least slightly sensitive information on walls.  

OH and then there's the boasters/make sure everyone knows what i mean posters.  I have a member of my family who likes to post comments like:  "Thankyou *insert name of her daughter here* for the chocolate cake you brought over to me for my birthday which is today"  (cue everyone wishing her a happy birthday).  If she's writing it to her daughter, who clearly knows it's her birthday, why did she state it was today if not for those reading along at home.  I call these people the Mizunderstoods because they're the ones who don't want to be misunderstood so they feel the need to share every detail about something so that nobody gets the wrong idea.

#16 Bryden

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

Sadly I stopped talking to my MIL and SILS after they decided to call me stupid (and a few other choice names) on FB after they completely misinterpreted a conversation I was having with a friend.

I was so embarrassed to be treated that way in a public way, they've always been rude and nasty (pretty much to everyone). I thought I'd kept my FB pretty quiet too, I only add family and a few friends.

The problem is that sitting behind a phone or computer screen gives people some sort of false courage to say things they won't say to your face. I probably would have of let it all go again if they'd had the decency to speak to me about it but instead they deny it! Umm screen shot people  rolleyes.gif

#17 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

I've got rid of all but two of my drama llamas. One is a single mum who is going through a really bad time at the moment and she posts some pretty depressing stuff, but I see fb as being her audience and support so i always try and help if I can.

The other is a competitive mum, really attention seeking, really judgemental and embellishes everything. She has gotten a lot better over the last year but it's not hard to see the competition. For some reason she worships me though which is odd because I don't like her much. Why is she there? Because she begged me to add her and told me she had changed (we've had a few FB falling outs). I guess she is there for entertainment. She's not my friend but the wife of one of DH's friend.

Eta: I also deleted MIL because we had a falling out. I've lost all respect for her as a person and as a parent and she blames me for denying her access to her grandchild (she primarily lives overseas). When really DH should be sending her photos and keeping her in the loop with DS's life but he is too forgetful and lazy to bother, yet somehow amongst the ILs I am an evil DIL and MIL is an innocent victim.

Edited by Sunnycat, 17 February 2013 - 11:16 AM.

#18 Excentrique Feral

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

I'm very much enjoying stalking a friend's page. She has recently become single and is not only very attractive, enjoys gaming, has an outgoing personality and is just the right shape...

There is so much fawning its spew worthy.

'Will you come to my party? Please say yes!'
'You are so beautiful!!!'
'wanna be friends?'
'cuuuute'
'hottie!!!!'
anonymous valentines day gift arrives, several men attempt to take the credit for it.
asks for help with car. 5 men instantly volunteer.

#19 baddmammajamma

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

I don't have very dramatic friends, apparently!

I have had to restrict access to one FB friend (husband of a friend from my mother's group) if anything political is involved.

He worships Sarah Palin, thinks President Obama WAS born in Kenya & is a Communist, etc. etc. He has been known to pick fights with my friends on my page. Uncool.

#20 mm1981

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

I must be the bogsn poster that OP talks about.

I have on occasion had status updates such as;

Long day cannot wait to sit down with cold beer tonight.

Bring on bedtime, I am having a drink.

I can't see any drama of these posts.  Maybe I am strange. Most of the things you mentioned don't seem dramatic, just that you disapprove of people drinking and getting drunk. (Which is totally your call)

I do have one girlfriend who has been having a rough time and post some depressed stuff.  But I see that as a call for help, yes attention seeking, but I think she is seeking attention as see wants to know people care about her.

I don't really take facebook too seriously.

#21 CountryFeral

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (baddmammajamma @ 17/02/2013, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have had to restrict access to one FB friend (husband of a friend from my mother's group) if anything political is involved.

He worships Sarah Palin, thinks President Obama WAS born in Kenya & is a Communist, etc. etc. He has been known to pick fights with my friends on my page. Uncool.

That happened to me BMJ when I responded to something an American friend of mine had posted on his wall.... a friend of his went postal on me!  I obviously was a softer target than my male, American friend whom I was agreeing with!

When he threatened to "Come over there and SHOW you what I mean!" (not very friendly when the matter at hand is gun control and the NRA!) my friend suggested that he do just that... on foot.. and was he aware just how long it would take to walk from Miami to Australia.. and maybe he'd calm down by then!

He was just a stupid teenage cousin of my friend.  But it was a bit shocking.

*edit to change 'gin control' - I'm strongly, strongly against BTW! - to 'GUN control'

Hmmmm.... is the sun over the yardarm yet?

Edited by countrymel, 17 February 2013 - 11:32 AM.

#22 FeralBob!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

I don't have any drama llamas either - I've got one friend who vaguebooks a bit and does mushy sentimental stuff publicly to her DH and another who loves doing the perfect lifestyle stuff, but both of them have been through a bit in their lives, so I'm just pleased their lives appear to be in good shape now.

Any drama I see tends to be political, which I find more fun than anything  laugh.gif

#23 Excentrique Feral

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

After the last massacre I did a post: 'I hate guns'.

Well someone was highly offended by this and a large disagreement ensued. He then blocked me but that's ok because I was going to block him when I was through making my point.  biggrin.gif

#24 Le-a

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

Ooh I forgot, just the other day I was having a FB joust with a "get rid of the ginga ninja, stop the boats" type, when he told me to "go to Afghanistan and see how they they live there, so I can appreciate how good life is in Australia and I'll want to protect it from the Boat People". WTFF?

#25 AllyK81

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

Some of these are SO funny (and odd and ridiculous)!

I have blocked my mother's posts because they are so inane and constant and ridiculous I cannot bear to read them.

DH are I are FB 'stalkers' rather than users.

We enjoy stalking a friend of his who has custody battles online. We call it 'bogan wars'.

There's another couple who go to all these places you would take children, but without their children (zoos, water theme parks etc). They leave them with sitters and do these insanely kid friendly activities. Not the end of the world but gives us a chuckle.

FB is like any form of electronic communication (even EB!) - easily misconstrued and conflict can escalate quickly.

Le-a: WTF indeed!!??? That's an argument you can never win. I try it with my in-laws all the time (sometimes for sport...).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• ek-houseofmagic-thumb

Win a House of Magic prize pack

To celebrate the release of the new movie House of Magic, we have 10 double passes and magic sets to give away just in time for these school holidays. Enter Now for a chance to win!

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.