Public school fees nsw

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 ani1

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

Hi I was just wondering , what are your public school fees ?
Not including uniform , books , excursions etc. Just the fee you pay to attend that school.

Thanks

#2 choccy2

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

'text and materials charge' our schools don't call them 'school fees'.
high school $76
primary school $38

#3 fancie

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

Are subject fees included?

If not my DD's high school has an optional $55.00 fee.  And it is very much optional.  Not the compulsory-optional that some schools like to have.

All up including subject fees, excursion, sports fees (includes travel to and from carnivals and entrance into venues) and the optional $55.00 fee, we have paid $185.00 for the year.

Great value IMO.

ETA:  This also includes her photocopying/printing account - instead of DD paying each time she wants to photocopy something in the library or print out something from internet or her assignment when our printer was broken, she has a little card that is loaded up each year and can be topped up along the way.

Edited by fancie, 17 February 2013 - 04:40 PM.

#4 JustBeige

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

Primary - $40 per year per child. no discounts for siblings

High school - $10 per year per child. no discounts for siblings.
in HS we do have to pay for a lot more 'incidentals' than in primary.

#5 ani1

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

Yes include subject fees as well original.gif

#6 ~sydblue~

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

$50 for one child.
$70 for 2 or more.

I have heard grumbles from people who are paying only $20 less than some families that had 3 or more kids at the same school. Some even refuse to pay because of it.

It is $50, less than $1 a week. So no skin off our nose, and DD8yrs has been doing well.

DD13's will end up being about $200(give or take a little), but I don't have a problem with that either. That is for all subject fees.

Edited by ~sydblue~, 17 February 2013 - 07:47 PM.

#7 kyrrie

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

We don't have a fee as such any more. It was changed to a book pack of exercise books and maths text book and incidentals. It's
$70 for one child
$130 for 2 children
$150 for 3 or more

#8 Julie3Girls

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

NSW public primary school
Voluntary school fees
$25 for the first child, $15 for the second, additional siblings are free.

Book packs are $20 each except for yr1 which is $26.  Occasional math work for around $15 on top of that for some years.

Excursions are on top of this, including yearly excursion, camp every 2 yrs for yr 3-6,  sports in school is $40 something each during term 3.
Occasional extras like some of the enrichment classes have a cost small cost involved, band is $20 per term (10 for instrument hire, 10 for lessons)

Edited by Julie3Girls, 17 February 2013 - 07:30 PM.

#9 ani1

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

DD13's will end up being about $2009give or take a little), but I don't have a problem with that either. That is for all subject fees.

Is that for a public high school? What year?

Edited by ani1, 17 February 2013 - 04:44 PM.

#10 cinnabubble

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

NSW public primary school
Voluntary contribution: $60
Book pack: $50

#11 KatakaGeoGirl

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

Good God that is so cheap! Our public primary in VIC is $250 per child for fees, then we spend heaps each term on excursions, incursions and camps! This term they have a $185 camp, so far one incursion $9 (probably will be more) then uniforms and things on top of that.

#12 vertical

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

I have 3 in primary and they are

$30 each for the younger two
$20 for yr 5
and a $30 per child or capped at $55 per family voluntary contribution so all up I paid $135 for 3 kids.

#13 4munchkins

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

I just received an invoice for $461 for 1 term for 4 kids at our local public primary school. This doesnt include school band fees of $170 per semester per child for 2 kids. On top of that is the voluntary contribution of $300 for the year. We have already had to spend a few hundred on the book and stationary lists and still need to provide tissues, paper towels and hand soap dispensers.

#14 mummyx3

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

Ours has gone up to $200 this year for primary school, each extra child in a family is $160 per year.

#15 bmieke

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

Primary school fees - $40
Books - we haven't received a price list yet, but based on last years Year 2, it will be around $40 I think (including the dictionary that they use from year 2-6), so should e cheaper again next year.

Other things we paid for last year were Dance (only because DS got into the dance group) and I think it was about $50 for the year. Choir was free. But we had to buy a performing arts t-shirt which was about $25.

Very happy with those costs.

#16 katbalou

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

NSW public primary school.  $35 each child for text book levy.  $30 for voluntary contribution (or $50 per family).  So cheap.

#17 Bibendum

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

Another Victorian oggling at the low fees in this thread: my primary school child had fees of $565 in his public primary school this year.  That's not counting the extra $300 they will charge for swimming and camp later in the year, both of which are described as "mandatory" fees...  

And they're constantly sending home requests for further money, including for activities they seem to decide at the last minute are "central" to their "integrated curriculum" - last year these unexpected, last-minute fees amounted to nearly $200 above and beyond the other fees.  These incidental requests are also generally described as central to in-class activities, and it's made clear kids will be excluded from things their peers and teachers are doing, if we don't pay...

I keep thinking this can't be normal, but I don't have any basis for comparison - he's just attending the school that was around the corner when he came of age.  It's not as though I sought out some sort of particularly fancy public school...

#18 ani1

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

Wow the fees do vary a fair bit from school to school.
My 3 kids go to a catholic school the fees are $3000 for high school year 7 and $ 1800 per primary . So this year it's costing me $6600 for just the fees alone. If I included books, uniform and excursions it will be at least another $1000. My kids only started going to a catholic school because where I use to live had no good public schools ( I am not religious at all). I have moved now so I'm thinking maybe I should give public school a go.  So that's why I was wondering of the cost. Cause if it was similar fee wise , I would just leave them where they are. Thanks for all of you replies original.gif

#19 R2B2

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

I cant remember exactly but its around $200-$300 per semester.
public primary. one child.

#20 mitty82

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

I have a daughter in yr 8 in qld and her school fees(more like materials and subject fee) is $180 and then the school gets a payment from the government of $112. Our son who is in yr 2 in a public primary school is $0.

For both of the above we have to pay for excursions, books, uniforms and every other charge for extra activities.

#21 Dionysus

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

It's quite amazing how different it is state to state.

SA here.  The school DD will go to is $300 per year, with a note on the website that they are approved to send debt collectors should we decide not to pay the fees

#22 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

We pay $45 for one child, $75 for 2 kids and $90 for 3 kids. Not sure what the amount is for more than 3.

That is per year.

#23 mumto3princesses

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

NSW here. Our primary school was $190 1st child and $180 2nd child. That includes text books etc and healthy harold visit, mathletics, gymnastics for one term and dancing for one term. All compulsory, oh, and there is the "voluntary contribution" too which is $45 1st child $35 2nd child.

High school, I'm not sure yet. Its not cheap though. And DD will have her electives costs included this year which will use up resources a lot. Especially art and food tech. Oh, but they got told on friday if they don't pay their school fees then they can't get their mathletics membership done and they won't organise their art excursion and they won't go. Only problem is no one has even received anything about the school fees yet!

#24 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

We pay $45 for one child, $75 for 2 kids and $90 for 3 kids. Not sure what the amount is for more than 3.

That is per year.

#25 choccy2

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

subject fees, books, supplies, excursions, uniforms, sports fees and travel fares are all in addition to our text and material charges above.

for primary I also pay $70 a term for dance and tap lessons and $12.50 a week for Base clarinet lessons and any extra travel costs for when they perform at Bandfest, Dance festivals, local community performances - dance / tap and band are all optional.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Essential-kids_320x214-redballoon

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.