Narrowish Booster Seats

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Born Three

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

Hi all

We currently have two SnS Compaq forward facing seats and one SnS baby capsule across the back seat of our wagon. It certainly is very snugly fit!

Our baby is outgrowing the capsule so one of the SnS Compaq seats will be reversed and our 4.5 year old will go into a booster. I was hoping to get some recommendations on boosters that aren't too bulky.

My limited research suggests either a SnS Hi Liner or a Infa Secure Vario.

Do you have recommendations?
Are there boosters with a 5 point harness available - I assume with three seats that the seatbelt would be really hard to buckle?
Are anti submarine clips necessary?

Thank you

edited to add more questions

Edited by Born Three, 17 February 2013 - 10:06 PM.

#2 IsolaBella

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

The two you have listed I would consider. Also the Hipod Boston (rates well in CREP). TheNew SnS Encore 10 may be one to consider too as it has a narrow base at 42cm.

It is all about how the seats puzzle together in your car.

ETA extra option the New SnS Maxi is a narrow seat. You would most likely be able to use the inbuilt 5pt harness for another year or so. A 5pt harness is much easier then doing up seatbelt of booster seat with three across.

Edited by lsolaBella, 17 February 2013 - 10:07 PM.

#3 Born Three

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE (lsolaBella @ 17/02/2013, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The two you have listed I would consider. Also the Hipod Boston (rates well in CREP). TheNew SnS Encore 10 may be one to consider too as it has a narrow base at 42cm.

It is all about how the seats puzzle together in your car.

ETA extra option the New SnS Maxi is a narrow seat. You would most likely be able to use the inbuilt 5pt harness for another year or so. A 5pt harness is much easier then doing up seatbelt of booster seat with three across.

Thank you so much for your reply!

I'll look at the Hipod Boston too.

How do people manage with the seatbelt when there is another car seat in the way?!

#4 JG13

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

You have to pull the booster seat away from the seat belt clip, then push it back and pull it firmly.  You get used to it, but it's not ideal.

#5 Chillax

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:44 AM

We have the infavario for our 6yo DD and its brilliant.
At the moment in our car we have the Infavario, SnS Compaq and a Hipod convertible booster for DS1 who is 3.5yo. All three fit across the back although its definitely cramped! However DD has no troubles getting her seatbelt on.
We have a Hyundai i30 cw (station wagon)
I find the main problem is that the only way we can get all three carseats to fit is by having the Compaq in the middle...which is a massive pain in the ass as DS2 is the one I constantly have to bend down to and lift in and out.
Hence the reason we are about to buy a bigger car wink.gif

#6 IsolaBella

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

I have three across. I find that the New Compaq sits higher which allows me to get my hand down to do up the seatbelt.

As I said it is all about puzzling and how the seats sit in your car.

#7 muggins_00

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

The Encore is quite wide in the wings but the narrow base and lack of arm rests makes doing up the seatbelt very easy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• winter-school-holiday-guide

School holiday guide

Here is what's on around Australia in your state. From ice skating to music theatre classes there is something to suit every child and every budget.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.