New Harrisdale High School
School zones?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mumof2Pink

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

My sister is looking at buying a house in either Southern River, Harrisdale or Piara Waters.  SHe has heard that they will be building a new high school in Harrisdale in the next 5yrs or so.  Her daughters are still young but she is thinking about sending them there in the future.  Does anyone know what the zones for the new high school will be?  

She has seen a house in Southern River but is worried that they wont be in the zone for the new high school.  She cant afford private school and there are not many other good high schools in this area.  Obviously Harrisdale will be in the zone but what about Piara Waters?

Thanks

#2 Screm

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:18 AM

Harrisdale High School is suppose to open in 2017, though a recent look at Dept of Ed website says 2018. It will be the high school for Piara Waters & Harrisdale. It may also include some parts of Southern River & possibly even Forrestdale but I guess that hasn't been decided as yet.

Southern River is currently zoned to Southern River High which is the renamed Gosnells Senior High.

There is Piara Waters Primary & Bletchley Park in Southern River with plans for a primary school in Harrisdale.

#3 Mumof2Pink

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

Thx.  She really doesn't want to send her girls to Southern River High!  Best to stear clear of SOuthern River as a suburb then probably.

#4 butterflyangels

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

Your sister might not want to send her daughter to a certain high school, I understand that but what happens if that school offers the course her daughter wants to do, that happened to me, I assumed I would send my son to a high school but the course he choose was at a school I wasn't keen on and the school has been wonderful even helping his struggling and put him into education support, something the primary school never did since he sat at a borderline level.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.