If you could live anywhere...

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 JoMarch

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:39 AM

...in Australia, where would it be?

DH & I have fantasized about buying an acreage on the northern NSW coast, or the Sunshine Coast perhaps.  Close enough to the city, but not too close...

What about you?  Or maybe you love where you live?

*apologies, I'm sure this one's been done before*

#2 DEVOCEAN

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:43 AM

Anywhere in the Gold Coast Hinterland.
Or alternatively, Maroochydore.

#3 kpingitquiet

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

There's a property outside Port Angeles Washington, 5+ acres of temperate rainforest for $80k, powered and watered. GODS how we want it. Only 2hrs from Seattle, 1 hr from Victoria Canada, 3-4hrs from Vancouver. It is a little piece of rainy heaven. We would love to have at least a half-time residence there.

Aside from that, we both really love San Francisco. Husband likes Frederick, Maryland, too, but I can't stand living that close to my stepmother lol

#4 BadCat

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:06 AM

Canberra is great.  Other than that I have a hankering to live somewhere in Tasmania.  Somehwere green and not particularly coastal is the place for me.

#5 71Cath

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:10 AM

I love Canberra too - it just needs to be cooler in the summer  biggrin.gif

#6 JBH

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

I would like a lovely house with water views in Glebe (Sydney's inner west).

#7 Madnesscraves

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

If I could live anywhere it would be breakfast point. I love the social aspect of it. Mind you I live in the mountains. It's gorgeous, worth living here, but so hard without a car. Least I am keeping fit with all those hilly walks.

#8 Nanaimo Girl

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE (kpingitquiet @ 21/02/2013, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's a property outside Port Angeles Washington, 5+ acres of temperate rainforest for $80k, powered and watered. GODS how we want it. Only 2hrs from Seattle, 1 hr from Victoria Canada, 3-4hrs from Vancouver. It is a little piece of rainy heaven. We would love to have at least a half-time residence there.

Sounds exactly like my dads property but his is on Vancouver Island just out of Ladysmith and they are on well water. It's beautiful. They back onto a reserve and it's just heaven.

#9 livvie7586

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

either right where we are (canberra), or somewhere within an hour, hour and a half from my family (close enough to visit, far enough away to have to give warning)

#10 1/2aDozen

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

Somewhere with a flat easy walk to the beach ... probably Fingal Bay or somewhere like that.  Blissssssss.

#11 Rosepickles

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

I love where I am, Coastal and about an hour from Sydney. I have only spent a little time there but I really loved Margaret River and can imagine living there. It has to be near water and not too isolated for me original.gif

#12 Therese

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:32 AM

Somewhere by myself that is quiet.......

OK if I am being serious I would love to live in the Port Stephen's area. Nelson Bay is beautiful!  Or up in the tropical north original.gif I would move there in a heartbeat.

#13 kpingitquiet

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE (Nanaimo Girl @ 21/02/2013, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds exactly like my dads property but his is on Vancouver Island just out of Ladysmith and they are on well water. It's beautiful. They back onto a reserve and it's just heaven.

Ohh how lovely! I've seen Nanaimo in photos, too, and it's gorgeous. If Twilight did anything good for the world it was to introduce us to the beautiful Olympic Peninsula.

BUT! I failed reading comprehension and named places not in Oz biggrin.gif Sorry. Uhm, we're pretty over it, here, but we do adore Kangaroo Island and, if employment weren't an issue, we'd while away the years on one of it's stunning hills with a view of rippling blue waters. It is not out of the realm of possibilities for us to maintain an Aussie residence there, after we move.

#14 tickly_rain

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

On the coast, somewhere I can walk out the door and onto the beach.  Doesn't have to be surf, just waves I can hear and watch.

Will never happen though!

#15 boatiebabe

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

Rosepickles we might be separated at birth!

I live an hour south of Sydney on the beach and absolutely love it.

I also absolutely adore any coastal area south of Perth - some of the most stunning beaches.

I could most certainly live in Venice. I have visited about 6 times in my life and love it more and more each time - for some strange reason I feel a real connection to the place.

I have a house on the beach overseas a couple of hours by boat from Venice (my mother's place she left to me when she passed a year ago) and I could live there once the kids are grown up - but can only visit for now.

I also love love love the landscape around the Snowy Mountains.

#16 Ianthe

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

I would move no further than 15 mins from where I live on acreage with an ocean view.

I must live close to a couple of the posters in this thread-I am an hour and a half south of  Sydney on the south coast. Gorgeous place.

#17 Chchgirl

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

I'm not sure, anywhere but Sydney..I'm moving at the end of the year and currently working out where to go!

#18 Squeekums Da Feral

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

Either down near Silver Sands and Moana beachs (Adelaide) or out near the Flinders Ranges.
I dont think id leave SA

#19 FeralLIfeHacker

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

In the Adelaide Hills in a big, beautiful house with some land.

#20 baddmammajamma

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:05 AM

I love living in Sydney -- my only desire is to be closer to the beach. So I would say Bronte from October - May, and then head to the small apartment we are planning to buy in Manhattan. When we retire, we are going to split live between our two favorite cities & never have to endure a dreary winter again! cool.gif

#21 Guest_Dinah_Harris_*

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

I love the city in which I live.  The only thing I'd change if I could would be closer to the bay with lots of land and space.

#22 Bobbypoppa

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

1770 QLD

#23 threeinnyc

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

Where we are now. Very green, quiet and YET we are not far from everything (we are literally one set of traffic lights away from Sydney Harbour Bridge)

(ETA we have lived in many different part of the world, but this is the best spot for us)

Edited by TST, 21 February 2013 - 10:28 AM.

#24 bubmakes3

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

If I had to live in Aussie it would be Northern Beaches of Sydney (we are currently in the Inner West) or possibly Sunshine Coast hinterland. However we are currently looking at moving home (NZ) to raise our kids near friends and family.

If we could live anywhere and money was no problem it would be Kitsilano ( maybe University Endowment lands or the British Properties too?!?) Vancouver. We lived here before when we were young and free ( so to speak) for a few years and LOVE it. In fact pretty much anywhere in Vancouver would suffice!

#25 JoMarch

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE (It'sallgood @ 21/02/2013, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep - northern NSW or Gold coast hinterland, high up, but able to see the ocean AND the mountains *sigh*

Sounds perfect wub.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• ebk-canonD30-thumb

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

• ppcard-thumb

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less: what is your best pregnancy or parenting tip?

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.