what to serve with quiche?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 missypuss

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

Apart from the usual salad and chips?

#2 kpingitquiet

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:10 AM

Can't say I've ever served chips (of either sort) with quiche. Generally I do soup + quiche and a good crunchy bread, or quiche + salad + sliced melon.

Is this for family eating or for entertaining? If an everyday type meal, one side should be plenty, shouldn't it? If entertaining, I'd do a spread of the quiche, a salad, some sliced fruit, crusty bread, and maybe a cup of soup. That way people can taste a bit of everything and/or have options.

#3 Bel Rowley

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

I've only ever served quiche with salad, never had quiche and chips! If I wanted to do more for more people, I would do another salad or 2, and/or make 2 different quiches. I don't think anything other than salad is really needed with quiche, except maybe a nice crusty baguette.

#4 FeralEsme

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

Always salad and bread here.

You could do lightly steamed green veggies?

#5 ~Supernova~

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

I like the idea of soup and crusty bread, yum! I've also never served it with chips.

#6 missypuss

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

Thankyou all.  I will make a homemade foccacia i think and a salad of some sort.  Having a friend over, maybe a different kind of salad other than the toss variety

#7 Therese

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

I think salad and bread too original.gif

#8 missypuss

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

I would do a soup but it will be around 33 degrees here, getting hot now so I think not.  Dessert is a good idea I will see how much time I have.

#9 kpingitquiet

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

If your guests are bold, you could do a room-temp or chilled soup like gazpacho, vichyssoise, cucumber soup, etc. If not, meh, works just as well without it biggrin.gif

#10 LifesGood

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

A glass or two of chilled semillon sauvignon blanc.

And I'm quite partial to an avocado and cherry tomato salad dressed with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, S&P to go with quiche.

#11 fifi-trixibelle

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

I can't believe people have never had chips with quiche? When eating out, basically every menu I've seen quiche on it's served with chips and salad.

#12 whoisme

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

Yep, agree chips (either frozen or homemade) go fantastic with quiche or mashed potato with a salad or spinach leaves, tomato, sliced carrot and feta, yum o.

#13 HurryUpAlready

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

French baguette with really good butter and a rocket, pear & parmesan salad.

Def not chips!

#14 ~Jodama_Feral~

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

Another who has never seen quiche served with chips.

We usually have salad and some nice crusty bread.

#15 Two Rugrats

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

I had a p/t job as a teen at a lunch bar and we'd serve quiche with potato salad and Greek salad.

#16 Feral Grey Mare

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

Don't listen to them, its chips with everything isn't it?

#17 Soontobegran

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

No chips when entertaining guests, just a tossed salad and crispy bread but when dining in Myer or some other equally classy establishment one must have chips to accompany the quiche because it is usually so damn awful. wink.gif

#18 Chelara

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

I'd do a carby salad like rice, pasta or potato and a tossed salad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.