Apple Ipad

11 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs_Mystery_Guest

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

I love my trusty Motorola Xoom tablet. But I'm interested in getting a Ipad. I have had a look a couple of times at display models and I have never actually used on3 thoroughly. The only downside is the price!

I just wanted opinions on the Ipad and your experiences with them. Is itunes easy to deal with?

Edited by ~Lady_Muck~, 25 February 2013 - 09:53 AM.

#2 Therese

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

I  hheart.gif my iPad. I use it all the time. iTunes is very, very easy to deal with.

#3 Yogurtbliss

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:10 AM

My husband bought me one, and I was super cranky at him for spending the $$$. The anger lasted about one day. I love my ipad, so much quicker and easier than the laptop and iTunes is easy. Would get used 2 hours a day plus.

#4 KnightsofNi

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

I love, love, love my iPad. iTunes is very easy to use.

We have 2 other tablets in the house, and the iPad is the only one that gets frequently used, and it used all the time, by all me members of th household.

#5 DEVOCEAN

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

Why not go with an Ipad mini to start with?

Then if you like it, hand the mini down to the kids and buy a bigger one.

#6 blackcat20

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

I love my iPad mini. Easy to use, and small enough to tuck into your handbag.

#7 FiveAus

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

I got an IPad for Christmas after procrastinating about it for ages. I'd wanted one since I first saw them but have an iPhone and a MacBook Pro, so couldn't really justify it.
But my husband got me one when I said how much. Wanted one, and I absolutely love it. I use it every day, for hours. My MacBook and iPhone still get used too.

#8 Astrocyte

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

I absolutely love my iPad. It gets used every day. It is really handy for uni and studying. I also have an iPad mini which I got for Christmas. iTunes is definitely easy to use. Listen to music, watch movies and tv shows

#9 Lishyfips

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

I spent months wondering if I'd use an iPad much when I have a pc and a smart phone but oh my gawd, it love it! I have a 32gb - heaps of photos, TV shows, apps stored and so much space for more. Don't see how I could fill the 64gb unless I kept all my photos on it and not on the pc.

My Mum is such a Luddite she refuses to get a mobile phone. We got her an iPad for her birthday, she was horrified - now she can't stop raving about this wonderful iPad and how it's made her life so much easier.

iTunes is dead easy.

I wouldn't get a mini if you've already got a smart phone - the bigger iPad screen is superb. I watch things on iview all the time - screen size is perfect.

#10 IsolaBella

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

I have ipad mini and love it. DH has had the ipad for nearly 2yrs now and has mini envy.

The mini is easier to hold in one hand and nicer to use in bed.

I have 32gb wifi version (tether to phone for 3G when out). I would love a 64gb, but getting the 32gb was enough of a push.

I love my apple products. All of ours get years of use. I am still using my 3rd Gen Nano (they are up to 7th Gen). Our kids use DHs old 3rd Gen touch (they are up to 5th Gen).

iTunes is easy to use.

You can only authorise iTunes for up to 5 computers, but you can de authorise a computer. We have 3x Nanos, 2x touches, 2x iPads, 1x mini and an IPhone all working off the one account.

Edited by lsolaBella, 25 February 2013 - 03:48 PM.

#11 9ferals

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

I love my iPad mini.
I have an iPad for work and I thought that was great until I got the Mini original.gif  It is just the same (and about the same price) as the iPad but is handbag sized and so much nicer to have and to hold.

My husband's first comment was "but isn't that just like your phone but bigger?" which is pretty accurate, but we both use the Mini so much now, the laptops only get used when there is something we need to print or a download or flash that doesn't work on iPad.

But, make sure you think about what you want to do on it and make sure you get what suits you - my DH wants to be able to plug in an external drive so he can watch movies when he works night shift and the iPad doesn't have this option - we would have to convert the movies and load them onto the iPad via the computer to do this. So, we were thinking about another tablet - maybe an Android one (Galaxy probably) or even the Window's Surface.  

Having said that - he's since decided he doesn't want to do that, he's just changed from a Nokia touchscreen phone to an iPhone and is smitten, and really doesn't want to have to learn yet another OS when the iOS works so well for him.

#12 cward

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

I love my ipad and it is a couple of years old now.  it gets usd daily.  I got a new ipod touch for Christmas so now I don't take my ipad everywhere with me which I was doing before (I don't have an iphone).  My DD1 got a mini for her christmas/birthday present and it is fantastic.  My DP also has a ipad after complaining over what was the point if I alredy had a laptop blah, blah.  He soon changed his tune when I got mine and he got one about 6 motnhs later.  

If you don't want to spend as much go for the ipad 2, there is nothing wrong with it and while the screen isn't as great as the new ipad it is perfectly fine.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• ek-smiggle-driver-thumb

Smiggle is painting the town red!

We have 3 Red Smiggle prize packs to give away! Enter by posting a photo of something red to your Instagram.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.