Oscars Red Carpet

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 namie

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

Apologies if there is already an existing thread, my slow internet connection today didn't reveal one, but please merge if there is.

Thought I'd put my thoughts out on the dresses of today's Oscars Red Carpet original.gif
I've been following them on The Age's website.

I loved Zoe Saldana, Jennifer Garner, Jennifer Aniston and Sandra Bullock - all absolutely stunning!

Also quite like Naomi Watts and Catherine Zeta Jones - although in the background of her picture there is another woman pulling the most hilarious face! Looks similar to Kim Cattrall? Whoever it is, maybe they thought they be the only one there in a gold dress?!

Jennifer Hudson also looked beautiful - she has lost quite a lot of weight I think.

Hugh Jackman & Deborra-Lee Furness win my best looking couple award again - so gorgeous together.

Wasn't sure what to make of Halle Berry's dress though! Nice to have something different to the strapless mermaid-tail style, but this dress was a little stripey and square!

#2 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

I normally like Halle Berry's style but I thought her dress was awful! Kind of like she was channelling Alexis Carrington out of Dynasty ....wasn't really a fan of Nicole, Naomi or Reese either ...

No stand outs at all for me this year I'm afraid!

#3 namie

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

roll2.gif
Just reading an as-it-happens article from the Guardian and the comment on Halle's dress:

Um, what? What the hell is going on here, then? Halle Berry, clearly one of the most gorgeous women to ever stand on God's green earth, and generally a dead cert when it comes to red carpet fashion, has come dressed as - what? David Bowie? An ordnance survey map? A nightmare from the 80s? Zool from Ghostbusters? An art deco hell hole? And what on earth is going on with Halle's hair? No, I say. No, no and thrice no. (HF)

#4 tres-chic

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

I like Naomi Watts, Sally Field, Jessica Chastain and Reese Witherspoon.

Fun, fun!

#5 Katie_bella

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

Jennifer Garner's hair looked crappy by the time she got to the stage wink.gif . More hairspray needed there!

Her dress was gorgeous tho.

#6 DEVOCEAN

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

I love Deborra-Lee Furness and the fact she doesn't have to let it all hang out or show off her curves, to feel comfortable and look good.

The photo of Channing Tatum kissing his pregnant wife(who looked gorgeous) was so cute.

#7 PixieVee

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

I really liked Naomi Watts, Jennifer Lawrence (her face looks immaculate!) and Jennifer Aniston.

#8 namie

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

Quvenzhane Wallis is very cute in her gorgeous Georgio Armani gown with matching shoes (according to Business Insider. Another site [The Daily Beast] states it was designed by David Meister)

Edited by namie, 25 February 2013 - 01:15 PM.

#9 baddmammajamma

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

I love her fluffy kitty cat bag! She is so talented & such a cutie.

#10 Bunsen the feral

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (fairyflossfart @ 25/02/2013, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love Deborra-Lee Furness and the fact she doesn't have to let it all hang out or show off her curves, to feel comfortable and look good.

I imagine having Hugh Jackman hanging off your arm does wonders for that, must try it sometime...

#11 namie

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

Apparently Halle Berry told Donatella Versace she wanted to dress like a Bond girl for the Oscars, and this was the dress she came up with!

I think I'd have gone for something else, lol. It doesn't say 'Bond girl' to me!

#12 BadCat

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

Glad to see that Helena Bonham Carter has stuck to her usual style of looking like an unmade bed.  She's my hero.  tthumbs.gif

Sandra Bullock looks the goods too.  I love her.

#13 ~Kee~In~Hawaii~

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

I'm the odd one out, I love Halle's dress. I'm so over the same cut in different colours on ever single actress, I was craving something different and Halle has certainly delivered!

I do ADORE one gold dress in particular ... now who was it? *my brain is now filled with frocks!*

ETA: Catherine Zeta Jones. Just gorgeous!

Edited by ~Kee~In~Hawaii~, 25 February 2013 - 01:30 PM.

#14 TinyTeddys

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

Anyone else think Anne Hathaways dress is more of a miss than a hit?

Best dressed to me is all the Jennifer's (Garner, Hudson & Lawrence)!

#15 tres-chic

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE (TinyTeddys @ 25/02/2013, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agree. The front's blah and the back's a mess. I like the soft pink usually, not sure it's right for her though.

#16 Ice Queen

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE (TinyTeddys @ 25/02/2013, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Best dressed to me is all the Jennifer's (Garner, Hudson & Lawrence)!

Hmmmm yes I did think that AH was a miss.  Although she does have an amazing ability to wear the most amazing red lipstick!  
Loved Sandra Bullock.

Who did the presenting with Channing Tatum?  She should fire her plastic surgeon.  Edited.....no wasn't with Channing.  Not sure who they were tbh!  I am getting old.....who are some of these people!

Edited by Ehill, 25 February 2013 - 02:33 PM.

#17 Guest_Dinah_Harris_*

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

Adore Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck together.  They seem so...normal.  They are attractive in a very natural way.

#18 Peanut

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

I thought this dress was very pretty, but then, its my favourite colour and velvet is just so damn luxurious!

Does anyone know how you pronounce "Quvenzhane"?  Is it like kew-ven-zaanie?

#19 namie

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (TinyTeddys @ 25/02/2013, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes. One pic I saw had the point of the darts in the bust area looking awfully nipple-pointy. Kind of distracted from the rest! One comment I read said something like 'Thanks for the blinding nipples, now I can't see anything else' lol!

#20 Peanut

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

This dress would have looked far more elegant with more coverage over the chest, but I guess that defeats the purpose?   rolleyes.gif

#21 Oriental lily

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

Sandra bullocks dress was my favourit.

Heaps of silvers and gold with  structured shapes going on. Not something I am a fan of.

Helen's hunts dress looks like it is and old bridesmaid dress salvaged from a vinnies bin!

#22 9ferals

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

Peanut, I just want to grab that dress and hoik it up to where it (presumably) should be sitting.  It looks like it isn't a good enough fit and gravity is winning.

#23 emjrose

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

Really wish that Hugh Jackman would have a shave, not a fan of the beard at all.

#24 niggles

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

Since this is EB after all I think pregnant Georgina Chapman looked simply beautiful. Best in show.

QUOTE (baddmammajamma @ 25/02/2013, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love her fluffy kitty cat bag! She is so talented & such a cutie.

I predict Suri is going to burn her.

QUOTE (O TheHugeManatee @ 25/02/2013, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad to see that Helena Bonham Carter has stuck to her usual style of looking like an unmade bed.  She's my hero.  tthumbs.gif

Helen Hunt also needed an iron.

#25 9ferals

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

Not convinced about George Clooney's beard either.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.