What would you cook

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 pitzinoodles

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

Having 6 adults 4 children (age 1-9) over for a birthday dinner.

The limitation is that I won't get home from work until 6pm, and will need to eat pretty much straight away. So need mainly prepare in advance foods.

What would you cook?

And 1 adult is coeliac so has to be gluten free (although I'm pretty good at adapting most recipes, so non-gluten free ideas also appreciated  biggrin.gif

Also does anyone have a failsafe gluten free bday cakes recipes?

#2 mummy2amelia

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

Already cooked lasagne (I assume there is glutton free lasagne sheets).  Then you could just pop in oven with garlic bread and it will heat while you do up a simple green salad.

#3 pitzinoodles

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (mummy2amelia @ 26/02/2013, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(I assume there is  glutton free lasagne sheets).

biggrin.gif

DYAC!

#4 noi'mnot

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

How about a couple of different curries? Then you just need to cook rice and reheat everything on the day. Many curries taste better the next day anyway!

(I've never found glutton free lasagne sheets, no matter what sort I use it's delicious and I can't stop eating it!)

#5 ~Jodama~

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

Nachos, tacos and fajitas.

Or

Do a roast in the slowcooker that you can pull apart and do roast meat rolls with gravy and potato salad and tossed salad.

#6 Riotproof

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

You could do make your own pizza night.. Have everything cut up the day before, make dough and leave to rise while you're at work.

#7 Alacritous~Andy

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

I'd do meatballs in a tomato sauce (pre-make and bake, then just heat that night).  If you are feeling indulgent, also pre-bake a potato bake at the same time.  

I use a meatball recipe with rice, rather than breadcrumbs, so that it is gluten-free.  

Something like this:
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/16053/porcupine+meatballs

Serve with some steamed green beans.

#8 Banana Pancakes

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

Thai take away  blush.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.