should I?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Beanbag Warrior

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

I'm desperate for something sweet and naughty to eat.

In my house there is....

No Chocolate.

No Icecream.

No biscuits.

Should I make myself a brown sugar sandwich on white bread?

#2 Snot stew

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

Ew, no!

#3 jeska~and~her~secret

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

No. Sorry.

How about fruit? Dried fruit? Dates? Fruit juice? These all hit the spot for me at times of desperation. original.gif

#4 lclb

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

NO!

#5 CountryFeral

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

Make some pancakes and have butter and brown sugar on them!

More delicious and more socially acceptable than a sugar sandwich!

#6 ~Supernova~

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

Sounds gross to me, but if it works for you, then go for it!

#7 Beanbag Warrior

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

Raw sugar, not brown ddoh.gif

Had an apple already today, no dried fruit, don't drink fruit juice.

I'm trying to contact DH and tell him I want homemade pizza for dinner.  If there's a chance of uber cheesy goodness, I can hold out.

#8 Riotproof

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

I can't get cinnamon toast out of my mind lately. Can you still order that at cafes?

Is it just melted butter in toast with cinnamon sugar on top and grilled?

#9 Feral*Spikey*

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

Toast the bread, lashings of butter and add some cinnamon to your raw sugar for that perfect sugar fix. wink.gif

#10 FeralProudSwahili

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

Ugh, that sounds awful. Better off to go without.

#11 Beanbag Warrior

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (*Spikey* @ 26/02/2013, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Toast the bread, lashings of butter and add some cinnamon to your raw sugar for that perfect sugar fix. wink.gif

Toasting is just so much effort! LOL

Given that I'm sitting here procrastinating on EB, I obviously can live without it.  

I used to Love sugar sandwiches as a kid.  With white sugar, coz that's what dad used.  It's like fairy bread, but sugarier.

#12 Logical nonsense

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

That's what mum used to eat for breaky, not sure if she still does,
A piece of bread with loads of butter & sugar on it with 2 cups of coffee,

Its nice, no worse then fairy bread.
I would add cinnamon, love that stuff,
just finished making cinnamon buns, can't wait do dig in.

#13 Feral Grey Mare

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

Don't you know white bread is evil? Just eat the sugar.

#14 Beanbag Warrior

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

I've been promised pizza!! YAY!

#15 kpingitquiet

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

If you sprinkle cinnamon toast with water just before you put it under the grill, the water droplets melt the sugar into deliciously crunchy little bits.

#16 librablonde

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

Mix any sugar with some butter and cinnamon and slather it on bread, then grill it until bubbling.
OH YEAH BABY!!

Edited by librablonde, 26 February 2013 - 05:38 PM.

#17 Paddlepop

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

I don't mean to sound like a stalker but you're lactose intolerant aren't you Soprano-Cat? I remember responding to one of your previous threads about a sore tummy or something.

Anyway, Liddells now make an awesome lactose free cow's milk cheese. I've bought it from Woolworths in the past month or so. It comes in either 250g bag of grated cheese or 250g block of cheese for about $5. It tastes just like normal cheese. Sooo good! I hadn't eaten cheese for about 10 years because of my lactose intolerance. I'm now making up for lost time!

(It is also gluten free for any fellow coeliacs. Yay!)

#18 Beanbag Warrior

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (Paddlepop @ 26/02/2013, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't mean to sound like a stalker but you're lactose intolerant aren't you Soprano-Cat? I remember responding to one of your previous threads about a sore tummy or something.

Anyway, Liddells now make an awesome lactose free cow's milk cheese. I've bought it from Woolworths in the past month or so. It comes in either 250g bag of grated cheese or 250g block of cheese for about $5. It tastes just like normal cheese. Sooo good! I hadn't eaten cheese for about 10 years because of my lactose intolerance. I'm now making up for lost time!

(It is also gluten free for any fellow coeliacs. Yay!)

I am lactose intolerant, but it takes a fair amount of overload to make it flare up - I've been practicing tolerance for years now Tounge1.gif  Same with gluten, as I'm also gluten intolerant, but I've been working at it.  I refuse to give up bread and pasta for anyone Tounge1.gif

Obviously, it's not a major intolerance, but I do know when I've overdone it!

I've temporarily relieved my sweet needs with leftover pineapple pieces and the pizza is in the oven!

#19 wilding

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

Yum, I use to love brown sugar on toast when I was younger, lots of melted butter, a good dose of brown sugar, and i'm good to go.

#20 Missy Shelby

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (countrymel @ 26/02/2013, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Make some pancakes and have butter and brown sugar on them!

Yum!!!!  I love pancakes with butter and sugar on them. It is my fav combo but I also like to put a squeeze of lemon on them and then they are delicious.

#21 GreenEgg

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

Grilling cinnamon toast?? Hmmm I've never tried doing it that way but have no bread. Darn!

#22 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

A couple of cafes in Sydney still do cinnamon toast...its retro but if you look you can find it....I LOVE it

#23 F1widow

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

If you have butter and brown sugar and honey you can make caramel. Well, that's how I've been making it as instructed by the recipe on the side of the bag or pop corn kernels. Caramel popcorn is my fatal flaw.

#24 Terri Coverley

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

No, go for a walk to the corner and back, even if you're wearing thongs. The high of exercise is way effing better than any sugar high.

Oh, and I mean the next corner in your street - not the room you are in.  biggrin.gif

#25 Beanbag Warrior

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

It's currently raining cats, dogs and canaries.

I have eaten pizza now. Should keep me going for a while

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• ebk-canonD30-thumb

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.