am i the only one who does this?
fluff

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 bebe12

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

hi,

last night baby was up and down all night, eventually decided i couldn't sleep so went to watch tv.

I found a show called Against the wall on 7. the whole time i was watching i was trying to figure out who the main actress was. Eventually went to bed.

So this morning it was still bothering me who the actress was, so Googled it.

Turns out it was Aussie actress  Rachael Carpani from McLeod's Daughters.

So does anyone else have to track down who a person is after watching a show?

#2 Itchy_Witch

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

Yep, all the time. Thats why I love imdb. original.gif

#3 Zahhy

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

All the time biggrin.gif
Poor DP gets the sh*ts with me though, because I have to do it while we're watching the show/movie. And then I get sidetracked checking FB/EB Tounge1.gif

#4 Country (deci)Mel

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

My friend we have WiFi.... I hit IMDB very frequently - often while the show is running!

DP and I have turned it into a sort of couch based quiz show of our own!

#5 lclb

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

Yep but I also do it whilst watching the show thus getting sidetracked by checking fb and my email!

#6 Cranky Old Woman

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

I do this all the time. biggrin.gif

#7 71Cath

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

Most certainly.  It almost ruined Anna Karenina last week for me at the movies while I tried to work out who one of the guys was...

#8 Bluenomi

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

Yup, this is why I have IMDB app on my iphone

#9 DragonsGrace

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

I got bored watching "the town" so I google earthed the location as it was showing just by using landmarks on the screen. Made the movie a little better

#10 Feraldadathome

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (Bluenomi @ 27/02/2013, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup, this is why I have IMDB app on my iphone

So yes, a must for all portable electronic devices.

#11 Procrastinator5000

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

Oh, of course.

I have been known to read the IMDB movie reviews while watching the movie in the cinema.

I definitely look up actors! Likewise voice actors in kid's animated movies. Sometimes having your phone in there on IMDB is the best way to pass the time in a Dreamworks movie laughing2.gif

#12 Mamaof8

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

I do it too happy.gif and I sometimes do it while watching a movie lol.I'm always telling DH who this actor is and what else they have been in so it bugs when I know who it is but can't think of their name.
Love IMDB original.gif

#13 Feral Grey Mare

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

I do this too. It drives me bananas if I can't figure out who it is. These are the sort of things that come to you the next day in the shower or in the middle of the night. Thank heavens for imdb.

#14 noi'mnot

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

All the time! original.gif

#15 SlinkyMalinki

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

I usually sit with my iPad in front of the TV googling stuff about actors a few times a week!

#16 ~strawberry~

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

Yep, I am constantly on IMDB looking up people and seeing what else they have been in that might explain why I recognise them. Drives me nuts though when its a new episode of a TV show and the guest stars haven't been listed yet on IMDB so I can't work out why they're familiar!

#17 Swarley

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

Yep - I have imdb app on my phone and always make sure I have it with me when I'm watching a new show or movie because it bugs me not knowing where I've seen someone before biggrin.gif

#18 Feral Madam Mim

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

Yep, all the time, not just actors, but movies, shows etc aswell, like I will remember who an actor is and then I get all frustrated trying to remember what movie I am remembering them from  laughing2.gif

#19 Cath-In-SA

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

I did it with exactly the same show!  

And have also discovered that the Australian girl in Last Resort grew up in Adelaide.

#20 *BluePinkie*

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

LOL I am glad I'm not the only one. DH will often pause it so I can check who is who and what show they were on biggrin.gif

#21 nellista

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

All the time!  Including:

"he/she looks like......."
"he /she was was in x with someone else in this movie/tv show" (6 degree of separation type thing)

Also, "name that voice" in animated things....

imdb is great!

#22 miajas

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

iMDB is my new best friend, even used it yesterday as I was talking to my mum about a tv show and couldn't remember a characters name! I also came across the show OP referred to and did exactly the same thing whilst watching it.

#23 missy t

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

DH and I both do that all the time. I use imdb almost every time I watch something.

#24 lactasticmama

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

Me too!!!!

Hubby & I are always doing the same, checking on IMDB on either our iPhones or iPads. It's a must have app!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.