When nothing ever works out

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 treetree

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

It seems like every time I try to make a positive change in my life it doesn't work out, and I am left thinking 'Why did I bother?'

I've been preparing to start a sport and was feeling pretty positive about it. It would be the first time I've ever really done such a thing. I was ready to start next week. Now tonight both my knees have just swelled right up, and from looking it up (obviously I'll see a doc. tomorrow) it looks like the most common treatment is to rest the area. Well knees are kind of pivotal (though not literally or it wouldn't be such an issue!) to the sport, obviously. This is so depressing.

And it just tacks on the end of a long list of crap endings to good ideas lately. Healthier eating? Allergies I never knew I had arise. Study? Turns out it's either sleep or study, not both. Fix the back yard? Everyone else gives up halfway - looks worse than when we started. Organise extra activities for the kids because finances are stable? Extra income falls through.

I feel like giving up. Each time I pull myself back up, but I'm starting to feel like an idiot for listening to myself.

#2 Feralishous

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:25 AM

sounds like youve had a rough trot. Hope things improve OP

#3 vitaechel

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

bbighug.gif I have had a few things like that lately. Hoping things look up for you soon.

#4 caroldiem

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:15 AM

oh i know how you feel sad.gif

I feel the same way but unfortunately it isn't sport related more baby related

#5 Diana_Barry

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:52 AM

How unbelievably frustrating OP.  I know exactly the feeling, and it SUCKS.  

Seems bizarre that your knees would just swell up out of nowhere - did you do something that could possibly have caused that?  Hope the doc visit is helpful.  Maybe you will just need to rest them for a week and can still start your sport stuff the following week?

Hope this little black cloud of bad luck lifts soon. Don't give up!!  bbighug.gif

#6 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

I know how you feel. Mine is financial. Every time I make positive changes to start saving for a goal something happens and sets us back. I managed to save uo $300 and then DS destroyed my phone so had to replace it, even though it had insurance. I am returning to work extra days soon to try and get ahead, but then because DH got made redundant last year and now is working a really sh*tty casual job, his sh*tty pay fluctuates so I doubt the extra days will mean that there is much extra money to save. But I'm determined to keep trying! Sometimes it feels like we're never getting anywhe financially.

I'm Sorry about your knee. sad.gif it really does suck but don't give up!

#7 GenWhy

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:27 AM

Feeling your frustration OP. DH wanted to move somewhere so we wouldn't have to do FIFO anymore and could both earn good money and get rid of our crippling debt. I can't get a job and I'm miserable. Worst of all, my depression and anxiety has hit an all time high. Worse than when DH was FIFO.

Sometimes life just sucks.

I hope your knees settle soon and you get some good luck your way really soon original.gif

#8 DreamFeralisations

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:39 AM

I am so sorry that you are so often thwarted - I had similar things happen financially last year, with the final twist being quite destroying.

It has forced me to rethink my whole approach to life - there are good days and bad days - but I now view any steps forwards as a bonus and to enjoy the what I have right now as a priority.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• ek-smiggle-driver-thumb

Smiggle is painting the town red!

We have 3 Red Smiggle prize packs to give away! Enter by posting a photo of something red to your Instagram.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.